The Thirteenth Annual Miss Nellie Auction

rycezmom

Small_Sighthound_Hfh_logo_300_ppi_lsseiq

The Miss Nellie Auction 2019
Hope for Hounds is again pleased to invite you to participate in the Miss Nellie Auction 2019. Our ongoing mission is to raise awareness and funds for research for the cure or lifesaving treatment of cancer in our Sighthounds and other companion canines. This auction will benefit the clinical trials of Dr. Nicola Mason of the University Of Pennsylvania School Of Veterinary Medicine. This will be our thirteenth auction since 2006 and we are sure it will be as exciting as the past twelve. To those who are new to The Miss Nellie Auction, we welcome you to join our auction and learn more about our mission and vision of Hope for Hounds. To those who have participated in the past, we thank you for your continued support and welcome you back!!!
The auction will take place on Facebook from November 2, 2019 through November 15, 2019. The auction venue site and links will be posted as soon as they become available.
It is YOUR participation that makes this auction GREAT!!
We are now accepting donations for The Miss Nellie Auction 2019. We ask that you please notify us of your donation(s) by e-mail ONLY at missnellieauction@gmail.com before October 25, 2019 if possible. Please include a detailed description and clear photo of each item you wish to donate. To avoid confusion when donating multiple items, it’s best to send separate emails for each item. We ask that you hold your item(s) and ship it to the winner yourself. Please let us know whether or not you will be paying for the shipping of your donation(s) or wish to be reimbursed. For questions about the auction, please send your inquiries, titling your email “Question” to the same email address and an administrator will reply as soon as possible.
Join us in remembering the hounds we have lost and add your support to the important research for the hounds we love and the hounds to come.
To follow the auction and preview some of the stunning and fun items in this important and meaningful fund raising event, go to the official auction site which will be posted once it begins. You can also check for news and updates within the threads on Grey Talk Forum or the Hope for Hounds Facebook page as we move closer to the start of the auction.

Helen Keller said “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much”
LOVE, HOPE, BELIEVE
TOGETHER WE WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Edited by rycezmom
Update information

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

We are so excited about this auction! 

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Oh, the things we have...:D

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Many Greyhound owners have other breeds of Sighthounds living in their homes. 

Hope for Hounds welcomes them all!

Show us the other breeds of Sighthounds in your life

Smaller_Final_Deerhound_MNA_zw24cy.jpg

Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

3 hours ago, EddiesMom15 said:

I have an item to donate.  Will be happy to text pictures.  

I've sent you a message.  Thank you so much for your support!

My beautiful broodie, Bowie, was part of the expand field trial of her vaccine. She passed with coat lungs 25 months after her first limp. I'm very grateful, still in mourning, but grateful.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

On 8/24/2019 at 12:08 AM, seeh2o said:

My beautiful broodie, Bowie, was part of the expand field trial of her vaccine. She passed with coat lungs 25 months after her first limp. I'm very grateful, still in mourning, but grateful.

We are so sorry for the loss of your precious Bowie. Please post a picture of Bowie.  There are so many losses that the numbers seem overwhelming at times.  We know so many hounds through this forum and other social media. We invest our time, energy, effort and emotions on our hounds hounds and the hounds we know and love near and far.  Every loss is a loss to us all. It is why Hope for Hounds does what it does. We WILL make a difference!

On 8/26/2019 at 11:15 AM, Remolacha said:

Are you ready to start accepting pictures of stuff?  Donation instructions have been placed in the first post!  Thank you!

Almost! Just a few days and we will post!

Edited by rycezmom
Update information

On 8/20/2019 at 4:12 PM, rycezmom said:

Hope for Hounds is again pleased to invite you to participate in the Miss Nellie Auction 2019. Our ongoing mission is to raise awareness and funds for research for the cure or lifesaving treatment of cancer in our Sighthounds and other companion canines. This auction will benefit the clinical trials of Dr. Nicola Mason of the University Of Pennsylvania School Of Veterinary Medicine. This will be our thirteenth auction since 2006 and we are sure it will be as exciting as the past twelve. To those who are new to The Miss Nellie Auction, we welcome you to join our auction and learn more about our mission and vision of Hope for Hounds. To those who have participated in the past, we thank you for your continued support and welcome you back!!!
The auction will take place on Facebook from November 2, 2019 through November 15, 2019. The auction venue site and links will be posted as soon as they become available.
We are now accepting donations for The Miss Nellie Auction 2019. We ask that you please notify us of your donation(s) by e-mail ONLY at missnellieauction@gmail.com before October 25, 2019 if possible. Please include a detailed description and clear photo of each item you wish to donate. To avoid confusion when donating multiple items, it’s best to send separate emails for each item. We ask that you hold your item(s) and ship it to the winner yourself. Please let us know whether or not you will be paying for the shipping of your donation(s) or wish to be reimbursed. For questions about the auction, please send your inquiries, titling your email “Question” to the same email address and an administrator will reply as soon as possible.
Join us in remembering the hounds we have lost and add your support to the important research for the hounds we love and the hounds to come.
To follow the auction and preview some of the stunning and fun items in this important and meaningful fund raising event, go to the official auction site which will be posted once it begins. You can also check for news and updates within the threads on Grey Talk Forum or the Hope for Hounds Facebook page as we move closer to the start of the auction.

LOVE, HOPE, BELIEVE

Save this space

Subscribed!

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

On 8/26/2019 at 11:15 AM, Remolacha said:

Are you ready to start accepting pictures of stuff?

Absolutely!  Instructions in the first post.  Thank you!

On 9/7/2019 at 9:52 PM, rycezmom said:

TIME FOR A SNEAK PEEK!

Item_8_Lavender_Beauty_awvsfo.jpg

So excited to see this gorgeous collar won in the 2017 Miss Nellie Auction, donated to this year's auction. I love "reauctioned" pieces. 

Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

The members and groups on Greytalk Forum have always been our most supportive patrons to Hope for Hounds. As we expand to include other Sighthound breeds, we'd like to welcome the Podenco families to join our auction. 

Please share The Miss Nellie Auction with your Podenco friends and family!Podenco_Fenix_Save_The_Dates_Plain_2019_

Edited by rycezmom

• 4 weeks later...

I finally started gathering up stuff this weekend.  Will have 5 or so packages to donate!!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

On October 10, 2019 at 4:38 PM, Patsy said:

Where should I send my PayPal donation to help with postage costs?  

We ask that you please notify us of your donation(s) by e-mail ONLY at missnellieauction@gmail.com 

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

On 8/20/2019 at 4:12 PM, rycezmom said:

LOVE, HOPE, BELIEVE

We still need donations!  Greyhound related, or not.  

Summer-3bjpg.jpg