Howdy From Nc

Guest Trena

Guest Trena

First time grey owner here. Ever since I was a volunteer at my local greyhound rescue many years ago, I've wanted one of these guys. Finally that time has arrived. We gave her the name of Shiloh, her racing name was P Kay Sweetmarry. She is a very sweet 4 year old red brindle from Florida. Although we have had her only a week, she seems to be a fast learner. However we are still working on some issues. One of them being separation issues.

How do you download a image? The way I tried, this site would not accept it.

Lots of people here from both Carolinas, which part? :welcome2

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Hi and welcome from SW England.

Red Brindles are awesome.

Sep. anxiety will take some time, say 4 months, because they have probably nver been fully alone. 5 mins, 10 mins, 20mins, half an hour, 3/4 hour and so on. The point being that they eventually know for sure that you'll be back.

Pictures? I think you have to wait a little while before you can embed photos in the text.

But if you host them on a sharing site and just copy and paste the photo's URL, people can click on it.

Hello and welcome from Germany.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Welcome from another NC person! In what part of the state are you and Shiloh?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Welcome!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Welcome to you and Shiloh! I used to live in Greensboro, and get my hounds from GFNC. I've always heard good things about Project Racing home, too. Now we're in Virginia. How is the separation anxiety going?

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest Trena

Welcome to you and Shiloh! I used to live in Greensboro, and get my hounds from GFNC. I've always heard good things about Project Racing home, too. Now we're in Virginia. How is the separation anxiety going?

My fiance works at a vets office in the kennel. So she has been taken her to work with her every day. This was at the suggestion of a vet tech, so she could get into a routine. But I'm afraid that when the season gets busy and she has to be left at home again, that it will start all over again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

But I'm afraid that when the season gets busy and she has to be left at home again, that it will start all over again.

I'd be worried about this, too. Have you been able to do some alone training?

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter