No Christmas Tree?

buddibear

My neighbor complained that my house was unusually dark this Christmas. When she dropped off a swap gift, she was agast...NO TREE! I told her after 67 years of having the biggest tree on the lot, it didn't matter anymore. My heart pup left the planet due to Osteo in the shoulder. I wanted to get him to his 13 birthday in October, but the vet agreed labor Day weekend should be a marker to live for. There are no medals in heaven for prolonging agony. I know he is ok when the new foster went to the basket and pulled out the favorite bear. The stock guy at the store was shelving good ole Gravy Train. This was the only thing he would eat in the last days. I pushed my cart to the side and had a good cry in the car. Vent over . I may put up a tree for New Years!

I'm so sorry that your heart is still hurting, and that you're still missing your precious boy. Sometimes, even when we think we're getting to be okay, that sadness sneaks up on us and washes over us like a waterfall. And the holidays are especially hard. Sending hugs.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest FordRacingRon

I'm so sorry that your heart is still hurting, and that you're still missing your precious boy. Sometimes, even when we think we're getting to be okay, that sadness sneaks up on us and washes over us like a waterfall. And the holidays are especially hard. Sending hugs.

Yeah,,I get the pain too. 3 weeks today for me. Wednesdays seem to be the worst and why I do not know. It hits me so hard on Wed.

I so wanted to get her to Christmas, I told her that was want I wanted for Christmas (this was after I told her all I wanted was her to make my birthday in NOV). I think we suffer more internally and it's hard to put on that brave face,,the,Hey, "how you doing", "Oh I am doing fine" face. I get it.

Hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

We canceled Christmas last year. We lost two of our pack in 2015 - Bonny in May and Darcy in December. Plus, my horse and I flipped over a jump and I broke my arm right before Thanksgiving. I had ZERO Christmas spirit and couldn't bring myself to fake it. I hope that 2017 is better for you.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

:bighug

Today is the 6th anniversary of sending our last DoberGirlie to the bridge after a nasty bloat. Still miss that sweet girl ....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

:grouphug A New Years Tree could be a new tradition.

Today is five years ago that Segugio went to the Bridge. I'm looking at Trevor sleeping peacefully and am so grateful for his channeling of that sweet boy.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.