Slim- Always My Super Hero

racindog

SLIM.jpg

I never wanted memories, I only wanted you. You were born 21 Dec 1999 and left 15 August 2006 and you were a young 6 years old. I know there are few humans who can understand the depth of emotion I feel about you; few people who could understand how after ‘all these years’ I am so overcome with how I feel about you and how much I love you. My working dog just got finished coming into the bedroom where I was looking at some of your memory books-because she heard me crying-and kissed me and understood. She never got the chance to meet you Slim, but like you she is not given to displays of affection, so it is significant in itself that she did that. But that’s just how powerful and strong your spirit-the real you-still is.

Sliminheart.jpg

You continue to teach and guide me-and you know I count on it. You continue to play and say/do funny things that are uniquely ‘Slim” and you know I NEED it. And you still will even ‘threaten’ me to get me to do what I need to do. And I KNOW you are watching and protecting still. All this is as real as the air I breath and can be understood only by others whose soul mates have crossed over and who have reached this amazing place.

This last year I have finally learned some life changing truths. And the first thing I realize is “that’s why Slim did that; that’s why Slim was the way he was…. he KNEW…and I didn’t. And you have patiently led and mentored me all these years as only a soul mate could.

So many things you prepared me for that I didn’t have a clue about when you were here. How did you know? How did you know I was going down those roads and following in those footsteps years before I discovered it myself? Maybe you are just an “angel.” I have to laugh about that because what a paradox that a vicious, aggressive, wild and crazy bad arse like you could be an angel in disguise? That is truly the ultimate deception. Sun Tzu would be proud.

e6160165-9447-4e36-bc96-0984b20b6668.jpg

But nothing changes the facts. Somehow you knew and somehow you have led me and continue to do so. You used to try to attack evil people. Sometimes their evil was apparent to me. For e.g. the evil ones that tried to break in the house that day when I was at work that you so violently ran off-protecting poor scared Goldie (greyhound) and the property. Or like when you fearlessly engaged the huge St. Bernard that was twice your weight after it targeted, growled, and tried to attack me. Other times the evil ones had done nothing overtly-but you knew- and I knew you knew-that they were evil and bad and for the good of innocents were best ‘dealt with.’

slimattack6.jpg

In this last year I realize that you were actually motivated by love. You went after the evil to protect your beloved peeps the only way you knew how. You showed how love can and will defeat evil-that the way to truly help others is not to wring your hands and commensurate with them, but rather to focus on love. That if you focus on love it will give you whatever you need to actually help others. And then the light bulb came on and I’m like ‘That’s what Slim did! That’s why he wanted to attack and destroy evil- he truly loved and he was smart enough to know that doing the right thing and stomping out evil can be very messy-and violent-but love gave him the strength to do it-even though he was in a greyhound body! Nobody noticed you were a ‘greyhound’ hehe-all they seen was teeth, primal attack sounds, and ferocity. You had ‘the power’-and you still do.

slimattack7.jpg

Slim thank you for never leaving me. Thank you for teaching me. Thank you for protecting me and mine and setting such an example of what a true Super Hero is. I will always look to you for the highest example of honor, courage and commitment- just as you did when you were here in body you’ve got it all working! You’ve got the power! Love ya-

YOU are my hero!

SLIM
Fearless, Faithful.....
Loves, Protects, Leads......
MY SOULMATE from the spirit world...
(aka)Ruthless

slim_1harn8-051.jpg

Hugs as you remember your superhero.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:grouphug: Donna :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway