I Still Can't Seem To Do It....

Robin1017

Hi everyone,

I have not yet been able to post an official remembrance for Robin. In fact, I was just going through the facebook and GT posts that I made the day he died and I am crying like it happened yesterday. I can't believe I still can't do it. I feel like I don't want to do it unless I do it right....unless I write one that is worthy of the amazing soul that Robin was, and that I include the absolute perfect selection of pictures. But I can barely see right now with the tears.... :( So I don't think I will be able to do it tonight.

Robin has been gone 4 1/2 months.....I feel horrible that I have not been able to post this for him yet, like I've failed him somehow. And yet he would be okay with this, with me taking the time to do it right....and filling my days with long walks with my new boy, remembering him in every leaf and every sunset.

So this is not his remembrance....it is not good enough to be so....and I will not let Robin have less than the best. However, I did never make his loss official in this section of GT, and I feared that there was at least someone who knew him who missed the thread about it in June and who I need to tell.

Though I have been on facebook a lot, I have not come to the GT forum much since Robin left. That was our thing, somehow.... I just haven't been able to do it. However, the time has come to do an introduction thread for my new boy, and to sign up for Secret Santa. In cleaning today I came upon the box that Robin's last Secret Santa came in. It makes me sad to know that he will not get another one, and yet excited to sign up with Calvin. And to move on to my next chapter in GT.

So again, I hold off on fully saying goodbye to my co-pilot of 11 1/2 years. My best friend. The love of my life.

11046272_1025045344190052_81520611406731

10653030054_42d734541f_o_zpsd221e368.jpg

I hope that Robin is having as much fun at the bridge as I have envisioned.... because he has sure left a huge hole behind. I love him with all my heart.

To be continued, when I am ready......

Cathy

Cathy & Calvin (DOB 9/18/13). Always missing my angel Robin (Abdo Bullard).

So glad that I was able to meet your perfect boy, Cathy.

14060410063_a498ee9a17_z_d.jpg

Sending you a hug across the miles. I know how badly it hurts. :grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Hugs to you. You and your Robin ... your love for each other shines through every picture, every word.

Rest well, sweetest boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. It takes time to process our grief. Take your time. Robin understands.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Cathy, Robin was a huge personality all bundled up in fur. He was larger than life and his zest and vim were contagious.

He was special beyond compare. When you're ready, it will come. Til then, know that he was loved by fans far and wide (and so are you!) peace and comfort to you.

I can just imagine Robin bounding across the stars and smiling at each and every one.

I lost my dachshund back in May and finally made a remembrance thread a couple months ago. It's tough. I felt like I needed to do it for closure. I kept putting it off bc then it felt like he was officially "gone". It was therapeutic, though, so I hope this feels the same for you.

I don't know if they ever really completely leave us, and I feel like we will all meet again. I couldn't imagine not knowing his soul again.

So sorry for your loss.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/TgrrValily/CookieMac2009pt2/siggyyayayayayay.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Buddy James, Cookie Dough, Shelby, and Mac. My angels :angelwings:angelwings:angelwings:angelwings

New dog mom to dachshunds Ginger and Ruger :banana:banana

I'm so sorry, Cathy. I didn't know. We'll miss reading about him and seeing his photos. I hope you can post more when you're up to it.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Cathy - got misty reading, and understand completely. Bleu has been gone a year on November 5th and I still can't do it.....sometimes there just aren't any words. One thing I do know for sure tho is that gt people just "get it" and are there with you in spirit - hugs.

Cathy, I feel your pain. It has been 15 months since Brady left suddenly and I still tear up thinking about him. Many, many hugs.

Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

this sweet post that you don't feel is a proper tribute is, in fact, a lovely, heartfelt, insightful tribute-to-be-continued for your precious boy. he is on your mind and in your heart every day, and when the time is right, you will find the perfect words to share him with others. i'm so sorry you lost your beloved robin, and that you are missing him so much.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Love that captures the heart and touches the soul remains forever.

Hold the special memories close to your heart .....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I so understand. I have still not managed to do threads for many of my girls.

Robin was a special soul, and was known and loved on GT. When you're ready, we'll be here.

Godspeed Robin.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)