How Your Dog Ran At The Track

dmdsmoxie

Guest Zigglet

Thank you so much for the report on Ziggy, (TB's Itz so easy) I will definitely bring up the hock issue with the vet when we go in October. His sister was retired/sent for adoption at the same time. This is so cool, I would have never been able to decipher all those numbers :)

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dick,

We just adopted Stormin J Flag and I'd love to hear your take on her career.

thanks

Jan

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Hi Dick,

We just adopted Stormin J Flag and I'd love to hear your take on her career.

thanks

Jan

Hi Jan,

Here is my take on Stormin J Flag. She ran 189 races between Daytona and Mobile, she did school at Tri-State and Derby Lane, but didn't show much. She was a dog that didn't have much early speed many times breaking 6th, 7th or 8th. Considering she ran 189 races she had to do something and that something was close. She was in the money 107 times and she could close from any where to win. Even last.

She was always moving forward, always trying.

I would say she was a C/D dog, but she won C and she won B and ran and closed in A, though she didn't win.

There were a couple of breaks in her lines, but only once was she she off for any length of time and that was 4 months.

Thanks Dick, always love to see your views on their careers.

Jan

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Any chance you could look up Fly Ted Cruz? New to this so any information is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Fly Ted Cruz ran 70 races between Naples, Flagler, Wheeling,Palm Beach and Jacksonville. Early in his career he didn't show much early speed. The couple of times he broke well he finished well, but this was not the norm for him. Naples and Flagler are both seasonal tracks and one closes the other opens. So when Naples closed he was moved to Flagler.When he could rush the turn 3rd or 4th he was in the money, but he had trouble doing this on a consistent basis. Both are very good tracks and he didn't compete well at these tracks and was moved to PB.

Moving him to PB was kind of a strange move since PB is the track where all the early speed dogs go and he wasn't early speed. He didn't do a lot at PB and looks like he got hurt as he was off the track for three months. When he shows up racing again he was at Wheeling. He was only there for a couple of schooling races and one official race before moving to Jacksonville.

Jax turned out to be the right track for him. Over time he learned to break and rush the turn more consistently. There were still many times when he didn't break and didn't rush, but there were also many times when he broke decent and would rush the turn 4th, 3rd, 2nd or even 1st a time or two. On these occasions he was always in the money since he could close and wasn't getting passed by other dogs.

He was a nice B/C dog at Jax, winning C and competing a little in B.

How about

June Bash?

June Bash ran 140 races between Gulf, St. Pete. and Daytona. She didn't have much early speed and struggled at Gulf. Gulf is a good mid-grade track and you really need some early speed there. After 25 races they moved her to St.Pete. St. Pete. is a tougher track than Gulf, but maybe the thinking was she would like the track surface better and be able to close, but that didn't work out and she was moved to Daytona a lower end track. Here she did better as she was able to break a little better putting her in position to be in the money more often and sometimes win. There were times she would break on top and was gone. With her closing ability it was hard to catch her.

So here she found the track she could compete on and did well winning some races and being in the money a lot more that she would have at the other tracks.

While she did win an A race at Daytona I would say she was a B/C dog

Hey Dick,

I don't know if you will know anything about british puppers, but I am giving it a try.

Racing name : Britishlionheart

Right ear tattoo only : USX2

Britishlionheart ran 74 races all at Hall Green. While they didn't put the posts in the races, the posts are where he was at different points in the race, I didn't need them for him. Many of his comments were VSAw and that means very slow away. So with these races being 6 dogs I would guess most of his races he was 6th out of the box. However he could close and of those 73 races he had he was in the money 46 times with 13 wins.

It looks like he ran mostly lower grades and I would guess it might be the equivalent or C here in the U.S.

There were a couple of times where the comment was QAw which means quick away and I wondered how slow out of the box the other dogs must have been. LOL

Britishlionheart ran 74 races all at Hall Green. While they didn't put the posts in the races, the posts are where he was at different points in the race, I didn't need them for him. Many of his comments were VSAw and that means very slow away. So with these races being 6 dogs I would guess most of his races he was 6th out of the box. However he could close and of those 73 races he had he was in the money 46 times with 13 wins.

It looks like he ran mostly lower grades and I would guess it might be the equivalent or C here in the U.S.

There were a couple of times where the comment was QAw which means quick away and I wondered how slow out of the box the other dogs must have been. LOL

hahaha Thanks! I will have to ask for videos then!

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

OK, I will play. How about TMD Shining Star? I understand she had a shoulder injury in July but Greyhound Data only shows her racing until June. Thanks! I don't have her tats. She was born in March 2013 but greyhound data lists it as Feb 2013. Mystery girl!

Edited by dante2zoe

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

OK, I will play. How about TMD Shining Star? I understand she had a shoulder injury in July but Greyhound Data only shows her racing until June. Thanks! I don't have her tats. She was born in March 2013 but greyhound data lists it as Feb 2013. Mystery girl!

TMD Shining Star ran 75 races between Palm Beach, Naples, Flagler and Sanford Orlando. She was early speed and had to get to the top at the turn to have a chance to win. While she had trouble getting to the front with any consistency, when she got there she was tough to catch. Looking at her lines I would call her a pacer which means she was better than what she was, but didn't always try. So if she was 3rd to the turn she usually finished 3rd or maybe 4th because she ran with the dog next to her.

Her tats are 33A, so she was born in March and I changed the date on her G-D page, and 60637.

If you, or anyone, wants me to add their name as the adopted owner and put a comment in just post what you want added here.

Dick

thanks for the information. I will get back to you once we bring her home.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Hi Dick,

You could add me as the new owner of Fly Ted Cruz. Julie Adams- we adopted him from Adopt a Greyhound Atlanta in Oct 2015. We've renamed him Gomez (Adams). Thanks for all you do!!!

-- Julie

. Done. Take a look and make sure it is what you want and up to three pictures can be added. If you want to add pictures post them here and one of us will add them.

http://www.greyhound-data.com/db.php?i=2034892&time=1470960296

Dick

I have read through this whole thread and this is great information, thanks for taking time to do this Dick. I am fostering my first greyhound and will be picking her up this Thursday, her name is HK's Apocalypse. This would be really cool information to provide to the potential adopters. Thanks!

I have read through this whole thread and this is great information, thanks for taking time to do this Dick. I am fostering my first greyhound and will be picking her up this Thursday, her name is HK's Apocalypse. This would be really cool information to provide to the potential adopters. Thanks!

HK's Apocalypse ran almost 170 races all at Wheeling one of our top tracks. She was a very good A/B dog that could win A, she did it 6 times, but had trouble competing in AA. She was a dog that needed to be on top at the turn to win, but if she was 2nd or 3rd to the turn while she didn't usually pass the dog or dogs in front of her she would run hard and finish 2nd or 3rd.

Most of the times when she made the front she won. I would guess the few times she got caught it was by a pretty good closer.

If you or her new owners want to see her race go here.

http://www.trackinfo.com/dog-search.jsp?keyword=HK%27s+Apocalypse&x=8&y=7&by=dogname

Only the first 4 pages have replays because TrackInfo didn't archive the replays till a few years ago. What you want to look at is the bold numbers. The first number you see in bold is a 4 and that is the box she is in. Then you see 2, 7, 6 and that is where she is at at different points in the race and not real important to you. However, the next numbers you see are 6 9.5 That means she finished 6th and was 9.5 lengths behind the winner. If you go down to the 3rd race you will see 1 .5. That means she won the race and was 1/2 length ahead of the second place dog.

Good luck with fostering, we'll see if you fail. LOL

Dick

Dick,

Thanks for the information, I figured she was a pretty good racer since they breed her so long and I was told she had a lot of races. Your information about reading her stats is awesome, I was wondering what I was looking at. I do have a question about pulling up the race videos though. I clink your link and go to her page, then I click on replay but it looks like its taking me to the races yesterday in Birmingham. I go to change the track and dates but the farthest back I can go is 2014. Are these clips not available? If not no biggie, I am just curious if I am doing something wrong.

I think everyone on here thinks I am going to foster fail. I guess we will see but I may get divorced if it happens.

Dick,

Thanks putting so much work into this. When I click your link, her page pulls up, thats not the problem. When I scroll down to her Race Results History, I click on the Replay link on the right and it takes me to the Trackinfo Video Replays page. Only problem is its not pulling up her race from 2012, its pulling up Birmingham (its the first track listed in the scroll option) and the race videos from yesterday. Then they have some scroll options above where you can select the track and dates, the furthest back I can select is Jan 1st 2014. So I am guessing either the website is not working properly or the videos aren't available. Its no biggie, I don't want you to put anymore work into it. I was just wondering if I was doing something wrong.