How Your Dog Ran At The Track

dmdsmoxie

Guest mirko

I'm curious about your interpretation of our new greyhound Macsaurus' racing career. Looks like he got off to a great start, but lost his way. Here are the links to his stats. I'm also wondering why PBKC has more starting data than trackinfo?

http://pbkweb.pbkennelclub.com/greyhound-search-results.asp?dogname=MACSAURUS

Starts in Database: 82 - 18 - 11 - 4 - 10

http://www.trackinfo.com/dog.jsp?runnername=Macsaurus

Starts: PB - 29 - 9 - 6 - 0 - 0

He has some articles about him too.

http://www.pbkennelclub.com/news.asp?Nsort=939

http://ngagreyhounds.com/issue/september-october-2013/article/streak-record-in-peril-at-pb

PBKC All-Time Career Starting Win Streaks (Grade M to A)

JS Speedypebbles.....7.....Pat Collins/Neola Joe.....2013
WTD Country Gold.....7.....Bill Davidson Kennel.....2005
Macsaurus.....6.....James Douglas Kennel.....2013
Momotombo.....6.....Arthur Agganis Kennel.....2007

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious about your interpretation of our new greyhound Macsaurus' racing career. Looks like he got off to a great start, but lost his way. Here are the links to his stats. I'm also wondering why PBKC has more starting data than trackinfo?

http://pbkweb.pbkennelclub.com/greyhound-search-results.asp?dogname=MACSAURUS

Starts in Database: 82 - 18 - 11 - 4 - 10

http://www.trackinfo.com/dog.jsp?runnername=Macsaurus

Starts: PB - 29 - 9 - 6 - 0 - 0

He has some articles about him too.

http://www.pbkennelclub.com/news.asp?Nsort=939

http://ngagreyhounds.com/issue/september-october-2013/article/streak-record-in-peril-at-pb

PBKC All-Time Career Starting Win Streaks (Grade M to A)

JS Speedypebbles.....7.....Pat Collins/Neola Joe.....2013

WTD Country Gold.....7.....Bill Davidson Kennel.....2005

Macsaurus.....6.....James Douglas Kennel.....2013

Momotombo.....6.....Arthur Agganis Kennel.....2007

Macsaurus ran 74 races all at PB. The PB site is including his schooling races in their number. He didn't really lose his way as much as he found the completion much tougher in A, as he should have. Macsaurus was a good closer, but didn't have good early speed in A. He was so much better than the dogs in the lower grades that he would break very well against those dogs, but that early speed went away in A.

However, he could still close and as long as he hit his break and was 3rd or 4th to the turn he was a threat to win. But, in A his days of coming from 6th to win were over. For about 3/4 of his career he was a nice A/B dog with the emphasis on A, but later in his career he was more B/C

Dick

Guest AH710

I also can't interpret track info and would love your impressions on PG Hang Tight and Enfuego Del Sol. Also, track info says my other guy, Wiki Speed Demon, didn't race but am curious if there is anything on him, maybe schooling races?

Thanks so much!

I also can't interpret track info and would love your impressions on PG Hang Tight and Enfuego Del Sol. Also, track info says my other guy, Wiki Speed Demon, didn't race but am curious if there is anything on him, maybe schooling races?

Thanks so much!

PG Hang Tight was a running machine running almost 240 races at Birmingham. Most of them races were 3/16th races so he was all early speed and try and hold on at the end. He won a number of B races so he did run in A, but didn't win. He was really more a B/C dog.

Enfuego Del Sol ran 113 races between Jacksonville and Orange Park. Those tracks were part of a circuit and as one closed the other opened and the dogs were moved,

Enfuego Del Sol needed to be 1st or 2nd to the turn to have a chance to win. While he could close a little he only came from 3rd once to win. Once on top he was a hard to catch and he preferred the Jacksonville track over the OP track. At Jax he ran and won A and was a solid A/B dog. At OP he was more a B/C that if he won B he didn't do much in A.

Nothing on Wiki Speed Demon so he probably didn't race because by 2014 all the tracks were getting entered into Greyhound-Data.

Dick

Guest mirko

Macsaurus ran 74 races all at PB. The PB site is including his schooling races in their number. He didn't really lose his way as much as he found the completion much tougher in A, as he should have. Macsaurus was a good closer, but didn't have good early speed in A. He was so much better than the dogs in the lower grades that he would break very well against those dogs, but that early speed went away in A.

However, he could still close and as long as he hit his break and was 3rd or 4th to the turn he was a threat to win. But, in A his days of coming from 6th to win were over. For about 3/4 of his career he was a nice A/B dog with the emphasis on A, but later in his career he was more B/C

Dick

Thank you Dick!

Ah, the PB schooling races, I didn't notice that. It's interesting knowing about how he did in in his career. No matter what his racing career was like, he's a class A companion!

Dick, can you look at flying han solo?

flying han solo ran 132 races between Derby Lane, Southland, Naples and Flagler all very good to great tracks. He was a dog that early in his career was a poor breaker, but it didn't matter because he could win from 4th or 5th at the turn. He ran top grade at whatever track he was at and moved back and forth between 5/16th and 3/8th races. As he got a little older he learned to break better and was many times in the top 3 to the turn.

He was a real nice racer at our best tracks.

• 2 weeks later...

flying han solo ran 132 races between Derby Lane, Southland, Naples and Flagler all very good to great tracks. He was a dog that early in his career was a poor breaker, but it didn't matter because he could win from 4th or 5th at the turn. He ran top grade at whatever track he was at and moved back and forth between 5/16th and 3/8th races. As he got a little older he learned to break better and was many times in the top 3 to the turn.

He was a real nice racer at our best tracks.

flying han solo ran 132 races between Derby Lane, Southland, Naples and Flagler all very good to great tracks. He was a dog that early in his career was a poor breaker, but it didn't matter because he could win from 4th or 5th at the turn. He ran top grade at whatever track he was at and moved back and forth between 5/16th and 3/8th races. As he got a little older he learned to break better and was many times in the top 3 to the turn. He was a real nice racer at our best tracks.

Thank you, he did have some good races and he liked the 660. He retired the 7/8 of April and now is here with me.

Thank you.

gallery_9376_3027_10401.jpg

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Solo - Flying Han Solo 3/20/11

Missing: Murphy, Shine, Kim, Sprite, Red Dog, Lottie & Harry

Guest Laurmann2000

I have a new foster I would love to know about. Her racing name was Bad Boy Modena. She's 11 so not sure how much you can find out. Thank you.

I have a new foster I would love to know about. Her racing name was Bad Boy Modena. She's 11 so not sure how much you can find out. Thank you.

Bad Boy Modena ran about 75 races between Gulf and Orange Park in Jacksonville.

She didn't have much early speed and was usually 6th, 7th or 8th to the turn, but she did all her running in the second half of the race and she could close from 7th to be in the money and 5th to win at times. When she moved to Orange Park they put her in the longer 660 yd races and she liked that and was in the money a little more often. They tried her in the 770 yd races, but those races were to long for her and she would quit at the end. Towards the end of her career she tended to quit a little even in the shorter races.

She ran mostly C and D and besides the 75 races I could see I would say there were probably more than that since there was a long break between her last race at Gulf and her first at OP.

If you want to see her race go here.

http://www.bestbetjax.com/racing/jax-facts/vault-search/

Then type in her name and hit search. You will see the dates are live links. Click on one and what box she was in. Then click video replay. As you look down to see her name how far down she is is where she finished. So three dogs down means she finished 3rd.

Guest Laurmann2000

Thank you so much. I'm trying to see her race videos but can't seem to see them on my iPad. I will try my desktop computer later.

Thank you so much. I'm trying to see her race videos but can't seem to see them on my iPad. I will try my desktop computer later.

I also ran into problems viewing the videos on my iPad, and unfortunately, you may run into problems even on your desktop, depending on which browser you use.

I use a less widespread browser, Comodo Dragon, and couldn't get the videos to work because they needed a (now obsolete) Windows Media plugin. Perhaps it works with Firefox, Chrome, or Safari (on a Mac), but I do not know. However, with Internet Explorer (which I reserve for "emergencies" such as this!) it worked.

Guest Laurmann2000

Got it on the iMac using Google Chrome. So awesome to see this senior citizen run like that. Thanks again for enlightening me about her past.

Guest MurphysMom

Hi! We recently adopted a 6 year old grey who we call Murphy, but her racing name was GS Millie. Would you be able to find out how she ran at the tracks?

Thank you!

Hi! We recently adopted a 6 year old grey who we call Murphy, but her racing name was GS Millie. Would you be able to find out how she ran at the tracks?

Thank you!

GS Millie ran 111 races all at Orange Park which is right near Jacksonville FL. OP is a good mid-grade track and Murphy was in the money just under 50% of the time which is good. her problem was her inconsistent break. She would always try and rush the corner, 1st turn, and when she broke 4th or better she was almost always in the money or would win, but many times she would break 5th or worse and most times that would doom her because it would get her in trouble at the turn. She was a nice B/C dog early in her career and at the more a D dog.

If you want to see her race just go here and type in her name and hit search, don't worry about all that other stuff.

The dates are live links so just click on one of them. before you click you want to know what box she is in and the number right after her weight, she raced about 56 pounds, is the box she is in. So in the first race she is in the 7 box. If you want to know where she finished the nest to last single number is it. So in that first race she ran 5th and the 9 after the 5 means she was 9 lengths behind the winner. If she wins a race that last number is how many lengths she beat the 2nd place dog by.

Guest MackFamilyGreys

We're picking up the next hound on Saturday. Astarblazinheart, can you give us some insight on her?

Guest MurphysMom

GS Millie ran 111 races all at Orange Park which is right near Jacksonville FL. OP is a good mid-grade track and Murphy was in the money just under 50% of the time which is good. her problem was her inconsistent break. She would always try and rush the corner, 1st turn, and when she broke 4th or better she was almost always in the money or would win, but many times she would break 5th or worse and most times that would doom her because it would get her in trouble at the turn. She was a nice B/C dog early in her career and at the more a D dog.

If you want to see her race just go here and type in her name and hit search, don't worry about all that other stuff.

The dates are live links so just click on one of them. before you click you want to know what box she is in and the number right after her weight, she raced about 56 pounds, is the box she is in. So in the first race she is in the 7 box. If you want to know where she finished the nest to last single number is it. So in that first race she ran 5th and the 9 after the 5 means she was 9 lengths behind the winner. If she wins a race that last number is how many lengths she beat the 2nd place dog by.

Thank you so much!!

We're picking up the next hound on Saturday. Astarblazinheart, can you give us some insight on her?

Astarblazinheart ran 111 races all at Palm Beach. She was a dog that as long as she hit her break would be in the top three to the turn. If she broke poorly she would be 4th, 5th or 6th to the turn. She ran hard most of her races, but passing dogs wasn't what she did, so most races she would end up within one position, up or down, of where she was at the turn.

I would call her a nice B/C dog, but she did win two A races so at times she could compete well in A.

Dick

I have a new boy that I adopted from West Palm Adoption Kennel. He has no papers but his name is Chief Inspector Born 02/05/08 Thanks

Chief Inspector ran 62 races between Derby Lane and Palm Beach. He was a dog that needed to be 1st or 2nd to the turn to have a chance to win. His problem was he wasn't a great breaker. He might make the turn 3rd or 4th and from there he might end up 3rd or 4th, but winning was a problem.

He started out at Derby Lane which is a tough track track to run because the track surface is deeper and more demanding. So they moved him to PB which is a harder and faster surface, I'm sure, with the hopes he could make the top easier. However, PB is where all the early speed dogs go because of the track surface and the length of the course is only 545 yards instead of the usual 550. So he had just as much trouble getting on top at PB as he did at DL.

He could win D from time to time, but really had trouble in C and would drop back to D pretty quickly.

I can add you as the adopted owner and can add a comment to his GD page if you want.

Just put what you want on this page and one of us that has access will do it.

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/311698-greyhound-data/

Edited by dmdsmoxie

Hi, we recently adopted a retired racer called Hot Foot Harry. It would be great to know more about his racing career please!

The Irish charts on Greyhound-Data don't show where they are a certain points of the race, but from the comments I would say he was a slow breaker, but usually closed and many times he ended up in the top 3.

He had 13 firsts, 13 seconds and 17 thirds in 85 races.