How Your Dog Ran At The Track

dmdsmoxie

Guest xzw0004

Hi, I adopted my dog last year. Her racing name is MRK River Bride. I watched some of her racing videos. It was cool especially a few that she won. But I have no idea from her records how she performed as a racer. Would you help me take a look?

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I adopted my dog last year. Her racing name is MRK River Bride. I watched some of her racing videos. It was cool especially a few that she won. But I have no idea from her records how she performed as a racer. Would you help me take a look?

MRK River Bride ran 159 races all at Birmingham. She was a dog that was a bad breaker and didn't rush the turn very well. Many races she broke 6th, 7th or 8th and in most of those races she only improved her position by one. She could close at the end, and when this far back, might be able to grab 3rd or 4th.

Once they tried her in the longer 660 yard races she did better. She would break a little better, 4th or 5th or once in a while 3rd, and from there she had a much better chance of winning or being 2nd.

She was in the money 80 times which is pretty good. Like many closers she has many more 3rd and 4th's, 22 and 30 respectively, than 1st and 2nd's, 14 and 14.

Dick

Guest xzw0004

MRK River Bride ran 159 races all at Birmingham. She was a dog that was a bad breaker and didn't rush the turn very well. Many races she broke 6th, 7th or 8th and in most of those races she only improved her position by one. She could close at the end, and when this far back, might be able to grab 3rd or 4th.

Once they tried her in the longer 660 yard races she did better. She would break a little better, 4th or 5th or once in a while 3rd, and from there she had a much better chance of winning or being 2nd.

She was in the money 80 times which is pretty good. Like many closers she has many more 3rd and 4th's, 22 and 30 respectively, than 1st and 2nd's, 14 and 14.

Dick

Thank you so much for explaining! That's really interesting. I did notice she raced in some longer races now I know why.

Guest Gilly

I just adopted my second Greyhound... a sweet, sweet three year old boy named Play. His racing name is DK's Game Play and I would appreciate any information you might have to share. 😊

I just adopted my second Greyhound... a sweet, sweet three year old boy named Play. His racing name is DK's Game Play and I would appreciate any information you might have to share.

DK's Game Play ran 47 races between Palm Beach, Melbourne, Dubuque and Bluffs Run. He was a dog that most times didn't break well, but could rush the turn 3rd, 4th or 5th and as long as he didn't get in trouble at the turn he had a chance to be 1st or 2nd because he could close.

There were times when he did hit his break and would come out 2nd or 3rd and a number of those races he would win by large margins.

He was very nice racer that ran at good to great track, except for Melbourne, and was in A most of his career.

Dick

Guest Gilly

Thank you! All I really knew is that he had retired early due to breaking his leg in his final race. I soak up all the history I can find on my boys to try and help in the fact that I wasn't able to share their first years with them.

• 1 month later...

I would love to learn anything you could share about Gable Teletubbie (DOB 9/23/2004). I am interested in learning more about his racing days and perhaps why he was retired. Thank you!

Jennifer, mom to Galen (GableTeletubbie) and Trixie fka Mooch (MostAggressive)
Always missing Connie (Connies Fullofit) and Chase (No Worries aka "Ace") & IG Angels Velvet and Bitsy

I would love to learn anything you could share about Gable Teletubbie (DOB 9/23/2004). I am interested in learning more about his racing days and perhaps why he was retired. Thank you!

Gable Teletubbie ran 156 races with two of them at Gulf and the rest at Wheeling. The Gable prefix means he was owned by Harlyn and Janna Goebel and they had kennels at Gulf and Wheeling so it was common to see them break their dogs in at Gulf and if they were good move them to Wheeling. At the time Gable Teletubbie was running Wheeling was the best track in the country.

Gable Teletubbie was a real good racer racing all of career in A and AA except for the few races at the beginning of his career working his way up the ladder.

He wasn't a great breaker, but if he could rush the turn and be 3rd he was a threat to win the race because he was a good closer. He was in the money 114 times which gave him a very impressive 73% in the money.

He only had one small break in his lines which was early in his career and he was only off the track for 5 weeks. being off for 5 weeks between official starts doesn't mean he wasn't running for 5 weeks because he would have to be morning schooled a couple of times and then put in an official schooling race before he could run in a graded race again.

As far as why he was retired there is nothing in his last line to show any kind of injury so I would say at just over 4 years of age it was decided it was time to retire him.

If you want to add any pictures or copy to his GD page just put it on this thread and there are a number of people on GT that can do it for you. There is a field that we can put your name as the adopted owner in if you just want that.

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/311698-greyhound-data/?hl=%2Bgreyhound+%2Bdata

Dick

Hi Dick, we just adopted KB's Credit Rate and was curious what you tell us about him. Thanks, Marge

Marge & Bob with Jane (Jane Krakowski) and Nora the cat.  Missing hounds Heidi, Macho, Blair and Henry, and kitties Penny and Isa.

Hi Dick, we just adopted KB's Credit Rate and was curious what you tell us about him. Thanks, Marge

KB's Credit Rate ran 45 races between Dubuque, Flagler and Sarasota. At Dubuque he had 6 starts and never was better than 5th and at Flagler he had 4 starts and was never better than 6th. Both of those tracks are very good tracks. So he was moved to Sarasota where he did better, but not great.

He was a dog that had no early speed with most of his races being 8th out of the box. On top of having no break speed he also didn't rush the turn with most races being 5th, 6th or 7th. However, he could close and that is why you see he only had 1 win and a few 2nds and 3rds, but 10 4ths. Most races he just wasn't close enough to the leaders to catch them.

KB's Credit Rate ran 45 races between Dubuque, Flagler and Sarasota. At Dubuque he had 6 starts and never was better than 5th and at Flagler he had 4 starts and was never better than 6th. Both of those tracks are very good tracks. So he was moved to Sarasota where he did better, but not great.

He was a dog that had no early speed with most of his races being 8th out of the box. On top of having no break speed he also didn't rush the turn with most races being 5th, 6th or 7th. However, he could close and that is why you see he only had 1 win and a few 2nds and 3rds, but 10 4ths. Most races he just wasn't close enough to the leaders to catch them.

Thanks again. I wasn't intending to ask about our other boy since I could see he came in last or next to last in his few races but...Richard Kimble??

Marge & Bob with Jane (Jane Krakowski) and Nora the cat.  Missing hounds Heidi, Macho, Blair and Henry, and kitties Penny and Isa.

Guest Memphsmom

I'm interested in your take on Pat C Drove, sire was Elway Drive, dam was Pat C Ponderosa. I think he ran at Palm Beach. Thank you, Pat

Edited by Memphsmom

I'm interested in your take on Pat C Drove, sire was Elway Drive, dam was Pat C Ponderosa. I think he ran at Palm Beach. Thank you, Pat

Pat C Drove ran 80 races all at PB. He had a good break and a good rush to the turn and he needed that because he was a dog that needed to be on top at the turn to have a chance to win. Some dogs that have to be on top to win will quit as the race goes along, but Pat C Drove wasn't like that. A number of times if he was 2nd or 3rd to the turn he would end up 2nd, 3rd or 4th. So while he never passed dogs he didn't quit either.

Even with the lead at times he could get caught in the stretch.

He was pretty much a B/C dog, winning in B to get to A, but never winning A. That made him a pretty nice racer and one the kennel is glad to have.

Dick

Guest Memphsmom

Thank you so much for this info!! I am becoming fascinated with the racing world and wish that there was someplace close that I could go watch the dogs run! I know my dad always enjoyed going to the track, now I understand why. You are doing us a great favor by telling us a little about our dogs before they were our personal champions.

Dick,

I have looked at TracInfo at my greyhound's info, but I'm not at all clear about what it means. I was told that she raced for 4 years and I have seen her take off and catch a couple of Italian greyhounds at the local dog park. Anything that you could share that would summarize her career as you have for others would be fabulous!

Thanks for doing this for those of us who are totally clueless about the life these wonderful animals had before we met them.

~pam

ps - I call her Grace Slick - she never convinced me she was either a Flo or a Cafe.

CTW Flo's Cafe ran about 180 races between Tri-State and B'ham with all but 11 of them at B'ham. She was a dog that needed to be on top at the turn to have a chance to win. While she didn't do much at TS she went to A at B'ham and won some A races.

She is a dog with a lot of 6th, 7th and 8th place finishes because she would give it up early if not on top and drift towards the back. However, the races she got on top she usually carried her speed well into the stretch and sometimes got caught.

Just FYI: She raced until she was 4 years old so she raced for about 2 1/2 years. Her first maiden race was Jan. 1, 2012 and her last was May 21, 2014

Hi Dick, was wondering what can you tell me about our newly adopted Kiowa Wish Wish? Thank you!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Hi Dick, was wondering what can you tell me about our newly adopted Kiowa Wish Wish? Thank you!

Kiowa Wish Wish ran 93 races between Wheeling and Palm Beach. Wheeling is still one of the top tracks in the country so the competition is tough and Kiowa Wish Wish needed to be in the top two or three to the turn. When he could do that he was usually in the money or won the race, his problem was he had a lot of trouble getting in the top three to the turn at Wheeling.

Once at PB he had a little more success putting himself in position to win. They eventually put him in the longer 660 yd races and he did okay with the longer distance

He was all over the place as far as what grade he was in, getting to A at times, but he was mostly a C dog which is pretty good considering he ran a good part of his career at Wheeling.

I adopted Fuzzy's Joy Behar about 6 weeks ago. She ran at Sarasota.

Fuzzys Joy Behar Ran 17 races at Sarasota. She did school at Mardi Gras, but never ran a maiden race there. She had one good maiden win going box to wire, but had a lot of trouble breaking after that. She was near the back the back of the pack most of her other races because she had trouble breaking. She did drop to E and won that race, but overall she was destined to be on your couch and not at the track.