How Your Dog Ran At The Track

dmdsmoxie

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My newest girl is "RJ Have I Told U." Could you give me any info on her career? Thank you!

Her ear was tattooed incorrectly. It should be 64619, but it shows as 6461.

Other ear is 84E

DOB 8/6/14

Side note: She's missing part of her ear and has some big scars that appear to be bite marks. My guess would be she got into a dog fight at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if she was. She's tiny, but bumps and pushes other greyhounds in the yard. She plays extremely rough.

Christine- Mum to Betty (Nitro Ugly Betty), Hannah (Rj Have I Told U) and missing Heidi (Sendahl Eve) 04/21/2005-06/19/2013

My newest girl is "RJ Have I Told U." Could you give me any info on her career? Thank you!

Her ear was tattooed incorrectly. It should be 64619, but it shows as 6461.

Other ear is 84E

DOB 8/6/14

Side note: She's missing part of her ear and has some big scars that appear to be bite marks. My guess would be she got into a dog fight at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if she was. She's tiny, but bumps and pushes other greyhounds in the yard. She plays extremely rough.

RJ Have I Told U ran 10 races all at Birmingham. That isn't much to go on, but the one race she won she broke well and rushed the turn. Her other races she didn't break, didn't rush and didn't close.

I would agree with you that she either got in a fight at the farm or at the track kennel.

Looks like it is all set. The pet name is on top and maybe it was there all along as I was looking on the bottom.

Awesome, thanks!

I've had 6 greyhounds in my life and presume to be no expert, but out of her 25 races, she came in 1st 12x, 2nd 2x and 3rd 2x - that seems pretty unusually good? Was she just so early in her career when she was injured that they wouldn't have kept a dog like this for breeding?

Not that I'm complaining - she's an awesome little girl and we're so happy to have adopted her so young. :)

Awesome, thanks!

I've had 6 greyhounds in my life and presume to be no expert, but out of her 25 races, she came in 1st 12x, 2nd 2x and 3rd 2x - that seems pretty unusually good? Was she just so early in her career when she was injured that they wouldn't have kept a dog like this for breeding?

Not that I'm complaining - she's an awesome little girl and we're so happy to have adopted her so young. :)

My guess is while that is a very good record it was done at Daytona a lower end track. I would guess they would have moved her to a better track right around the time she got hurt. Usually 25 or 30 races is a normal time frame to move a dog if you are going to do it.

A number of owners break their dogs in a lower end tracks to get them some experience and if they do well move them.

Just looking at her on Trackinfo and while the race doesn't show on G-D she was moved to Palm Beach and ran one schooling race which is probably when she got hurt.

Dick

Hello, we just adopted our first grey, Ollie to us and his racing name is Braska Damien. He's just turned three this past Monday. He ran 58 races and won three, but fell in his last race. Would that have caused an injury? There was no mention of an injury in his vet record but I'm curious about this. We have watched some videos of him but would love to hear your analysis of his career. Many thanks!

Hello, we just adopted our first grey, Ollie to us and his racing name is Braska Damien. He's just turned three this past Monday. He ran 58 races and won three, but fell in his last race. Would that have caused an injury? There was no mention of an injury in his vet record but I'm curious about this. We have watched some videos of him but would love to hear your analysis of his career. Many thanks!

Ollie ran at Southland and Wheeling two of our best tracks. The problem was he had very little early speed and didn't have much of a rush to the turn. They eventually moved him to the longer 660 yard course, but with the same results. Once in a while he would hit his break and would be on top early and those are the races he won. At times he would close a little, but not often enough.

They moved him to the Naples/Ft Myers track and he fell in his first official schooling race.

My guess is he did get hurt, but there were 8 dogs in the race and he finished the race 6th. Again this is nothing but a guess, I would say he wasn't hurt that bad, but because he wasn't a good racer they decided to retire him instead of sending him back to the farm to rest and recover and then start the process of morning schooling and then official schooling.

Broken legs are seldom from falling. Could have been a shoulder.

Dick

Hi - am i right in thinking that someone here is able to look up dogs by tattoo? I've adopted a girl with JX on her right ear and ZEP on her left. I've tried ringing the Irish coursing society on several numbers but none of them have worked!

Hi - am i right in thinking that someone here is able to look up dogs by tattoo? I've adopted a girl with JX on her right ear and ZEP on her left. I've tried ringing the Irish coursing society on several numbers but none of them have worked!

Sorry didn't mean to post twice

Sorry didn't mean to post twice

I just ran the tattoos and nothing came up.

Here is the page to check a tattoo and you can see the phone number to call in Ireland. Don't know if that is the number you tried to call or not.

http://www.greyhound-data.com/earmark.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Jack's Go Red ran 98 races all at Tri State an above average track. She was a dog that didn't have a great break, but at times would rush the turn 4th or 5th. When she did that she could close a little and would improve her position from there. Times she broke better than usual she would rush the turn on top or second and those races were the races she got most of her wins and 2nds.

She was in the money 52 of her 98 races which is good. While she did win a couple of A races to go to AA she was more a B dog.

In relation to Jack's Go Red, I was looking up some of her pups, and I saw that one of her daughters, Jack's Tap Shoes, is listed as a "Derby Lane Gold Trophy Juvenile Finalist". I've tried looking this up, but I'm not getting the significance of what this means?

In relation to Jack's Go Red, I was looking up some of her pups, and I saw that one of her daughters, Jack's Tap Shoes, is listed as a "Derby Lane Gold Trophy Juvenile Finalist". I've tried looking this up, but I'm not getting the significance of what this means?

A number of tracks run Juvenile stake race. It is a puppy stake since there is an age limit and she made the finals. If you look near the bottom of her lines you will see five races that say Stake instead of having a letter for the grade she was in. You will see in those five races she ran 7th, 1st, 2nd,2nd and 8th in the final.

Hello, my boy Sg's Mazeroski didn't race long at all, never won. Just wondering if you have any interesting insight into his blink of an eye career? ;) Thanks!

There isn't much good to say about his racing career. He had no early speed, no rush to the turn and no closing speed. That is the perfect formula to getting to your couch and I'm sure he is a 10 as a pet.

One interesting thing, which dogs do occasionally, is one schooling race he turned in the box. That is exactly what it sounds like. When the lid opened he was facing the wrong way.

Dick

Dick, can I say I enjoy reading all your commentary? Gives me a chuckle, too!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

There isn't much good to say about his racing career. He had no early speed, no rush to the turn and no closing speed. That is the perfect formula to getting to your couch and I'm sure he is a 10 as a pet.

One interesting thing, which dogs do occasionally, is one schooling race he turned in the box. That is exactly what it sounds like. When the lid opened he was facing the wrong way.

Dick

Haha!! That's my Simon! He's not very graceful :flip Thank you :)

Guest Trena

Hi... My girls racing name was, P Kay Sweetmarry. Can you give me some insight on her racing career. I've looked at the stats, but can't make much sense of them.

Hi... My girls racing name was, P Kay Sweetmarry. Can you give me some insight on her racing career. I've looked at the stats, but can't make much sense of them.

P Kay Sweetmarry ran 148 races between Naples and Flagler both very good tracks. Both tracks are seasonal and when one closes the other opens which is why she bounced back and forth.

She didn't have a lot of early speed or a very good rush to the turn, but she could close. She wasn't a dog that could come from 7th or 8th, but if she cleared the turn, without getting into trouble, 4th or 5th she was almost always in the money and could challenge for the win. She was in the money 92 of her 148 races which is very good.

Like most closers they did try her in a couple of 660 yard races, but that distance wasn't to her liking and she was put back in the 550 yard sprints.

Dick

Guest Trena

P Kay Sweetmarry ran 148 races between Naples and Flagler both very good tracks. Both tracks are seasonal and when one closes the other opens which is why she bounced back and forth.

She didn't have a lot of early speed or a very good rush to the turn, but she could close. She wasn't a dog that could come from 7th or 8th, but if she cleared the turn, without getting into trouble, 4th or 5th she was almost always in the money and could challenge for the win. She was in the money 92 of her 148 races which is very good.

Like most closers they did try her in a couple of 660 yard races, but that distance wasn't to her liking and she was put back in the 550 yard sprints.

Dick

Thats cool...Thanks Dick!