How Your Dog Ran At The Track

dmdsmoxie

I'm hoping one of you can help me. My sweet old man Carl, aka Bella Monsoon, passed away Monday 9/19/2016. I tried to update his info on Greyhound Data like I did for Gracie , Cee Bar Xtreme, but I can't without being a financial member. I would really appreciate it if one of you could do that for me.

Done and sorry to hear about Carl. If you want me to add more let me know.

G-D was having a lot of trouble with people entering fake pedigrees and they ended up restricting most people from being able to edit.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bubbagumpshrimp

Barnaby ran 70 races and won 8. He did ok prior to an injury and then most of his finishes were towards the back of the pack. He came off the track pretty early (his brother is still racing).

• 1 month later...

I was hoping you could interpret the stats for my new Grey. He's coming home tomorrow! He was quite skittish when he first got to the kennel. But is doing quite well in the foster home.

His name is Diamond Baby - http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=2005737

Diamond Baby ran his 112 races between Gulf, Melbourne and Ebro. Gulf is in Texas and is a nice mid-level track. The other two are in Florida and are lower-level tracks. I would guess the only reason he got moved is because Gulf closed.

He was a dog that needed to be on top at the turn to have a chance to win. He had real good early speed, usually being 1st, 2nd or 3rd out of the box. From there he would have to rush the turn and make it to the front. He could carry his speed, once on top, into the stretch and from there he usually had to hold on at the end. He won 17 races and was in the money 61 times so he was a good racer. In grade B he could catch the front dog if he was 2nd, but that was not the type of dog he was. I think I saw twice that he did that.

He ran mostly grades A and B with him winning some A races and going to AA. He never competed well in AA.

If you want to see his races go here.

http://www.trackinfo.com/dog-search.jsp?keyword=Diamond+Baby&x=2&y=3&by=dogname

The first page are all Melbourne and Ebro races and they have no replays so click on the 2 above the lines. The bottom 3 races are from Gulf and if you click the 3 through 9 you will see they all have replays on the right.

One glitch on TrackInfo is the bottom race is always the same race on the next page.

If you look at the bottom race this is what you need to know before you watch the replay.

The first bold number is an 8 and that is the box he is in. Then reading left to right you see 5 2 2, those are his positions at different points of the race. Break, at the turn and entering the stretch. Then you see 1 ns and that means he finished 1st by a nose. If he lost the race those last two numbers or abbreviations, would be where he finished and how far behind the winner he was. So the race above the one we are looking at it shows 6 5. So he finished 6th and was 5 lengths behind the winner.

On the G-D site that you gave me the link to I, or others on here on GT, can put you down as the adopted owner, we can delete the pictures that are on there, I assume the adoption group posted them, and put pictures you want posted after you have him a while and we can add a comment. Sometimes people just put XXX was adopted by XXX and is now living in XXX, XXX

So if you wish to add anything just post it here, including any pictures you might want to add. Up to three pictures can be posted. you can leave the pictures that are posted and add one more if you want.

Dick

Hi Dick - I have a new youngster - JS Oakley. She never raced, and neither did the whole litter. Can you find out why? Oakley herself has NO prey drive!

I would guess yours either wasn't good enough while being finished or was injured because the litter won't be 19 months old till Nov. 25th.

This one had her two schooling races at Palm Beach and will run in a maiden race on Saturday. She ran well in both schooling races.

http://www.trackinfo.com/dog.jsp?runnername=JS%20KIMBUCKTOO

So don't be surprised to see the rest or at least some of them start running in the next month. While a lot of pups start racing at 18 months some don't start till they are 19 or 20 months. I have no idea about these dogs so I'm not saying they will run, just that they may in the next month.

If you click the left tattoo link on the link I posted it will list all the pups and if any more start running you will be able to see that they are and where they are running.

Dick

any info on JSK Macho Man. Beautiful black boy Pulled 200 ticks off him and tested pos for babesia. round 4 for hook worms

JSK Macho Man ran 82 races between Wheeling and Palm Beach. He had no early speed and no rush to the turn with many races being 7th or at out of the box and at the turn. he would make up a little ground, sometimes, going down the backstretch. So if he was going to do any running it was from the far turn to the wire and sometimes he would get going till the stretch. While he only won three races he was 2nd. 3rd or 4th 34 times.

While he spent most of his career in C and D he was pretty consistent being in the money almost 50 percent of the times.

How did "Rambition" run? I just adopted him at age 12.75 years young!

Kathryn, “Broadway” BW’s Broadway: Shaggy Bessie x Jimbo Red Rose, & "Ellie" Noah's Smelldog: Castor Troy x Mulberry Jade. My Angels "Sidney" Rainier Rapper: Rainier Ranger x Rainier Rapport (09/03/2001-2/26/2012); "Pistol" Tiowa Pistol: Rapido Rambo x My Roz (11/19/1998-8/02/2011); “Perry" Tiowa Perry: Rapido Rambo x My Roz (11/19/1998-6/09/2010); "Jackie" Mjp's Jackie: Joey Flint x Social Robin (6/12/1997-6/20/2008)

*Thank you* for adopting a senior! Old Dogs are the Best Dogs!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Rambition was a very, very good racer. He ran 105 races between St. Pete., Mardi Gras and Southland, all very good tracks. He had a decent break and rush to the turn, many times breaking 6th, 5th, 4th or even a little better at times. and getting to the turn 4th or 3rd. From there he could close a little and he was always moving forward improving his position in most races.

He spent most of his career in A or AA. He was in the money 72 times in the 105 races he ran which is a very high number.

RC Easy Cash ??

Thanks.

RC Easy Cash ran 115 races all at Wheeling, one of our best tracks. He wasn't a great breaker or even a good breaker often times coming out of the box 6th, 7th or 8th. He didn't have a great rush to the turn, but he rushed a little and usually improved his position from the break. From the backstretch to the finish line is where he would do his best running. He was almost always bettering his position and was in the money a very nice 69 times out of his 115 starts.

He ran mostly in grade A, but did go to AA a few times and won a couple of AA races, but for the most part he had trouble in AA.

He was a hard trying very nice racer at one of our best tracks.

Dick

Got it.

PR Star Light ran 74 races between St. Pete. Sarasota and Ebro. She was what we call a pacer. She was better than what she showed, but she elected to run with the dog next to her. She paced. They are the most frustrating dogs to a trainer because they are better than what they run.

If you look at her on TrackInfo you will see many lines that are the same number as you read across. 3 3 3 3 or 6 6 6 6 . It doesn't matter where she broke, she would pace with the dog next to her. Those numbers may vary one number up or down so she might be 3 3 4 3.

She only had 6 wins, but was in the money a very nice 48 out of 74 races.

Dick

Guest Marsroving

Wow Dick, you have no idea how much sense that makes. She stays right next to Mars when they walk, run, play...everything!

Thanks so much for the insight. Like I said, you can really see it in her daily behavior.