Question About Cat Friendly Greyhounds

Mine don't shred stuffies but they love to toss them and run with them and shake them. Kili has a great tug too.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Guest Liz_in_PA

Bonnie does not play with stuffies but does enjoy chasing the cats about ten feet. Once they are fluffed out, she turns away in triumph. "Hah, made you fluff" is what she says.

I have had 6 cat safe greyhounds. Of those 6, three have regularly played with stuffies and one plays with abandon on a daily basis while the other two would get their game on several times a week.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest shanesmom

Ace is toy crazy. Plays all the time. He's a wild one with a new stuffie Loves our cat and is always super happy to see my daughter's 3 cats every time we visit her. He greets them before he greets her.

There is no correlation between being cat friendly and toy play,

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

My cat-safe grey loves nom-nom-nomming on her stuffies to make 'em talk. She'll also toss them around a bit, but she doesn't destroy them.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Of the 5 Greyhounds and 6 cats that I have or had, there is no pattern to the stuffie play as it relates to the cats.

Edited by duncan41

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

This.

My Cash can and will and has destroyed a brand new stuffy in less than 30 seconds - broken the squeaker, ripped off various appendages, gutted and de-stuffed. She was also an above average racer. This dog will usually run away from any of our cats, including the one smaller than her head.

Cat tolerant dogs come to think of their feline companions as part of their pack, and so treat them as such. Some will even remain tolerant to their indoor cat friends if they are outside - BUT not all dogs will do this. All of my cat tolerant dogs have been eager to chase (and kill) cats they see outdoors, even ones they know.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I just wanted to say I am happy to hear that Queen will have a successor. Conrad will have a very big throne (dog bed) to fill. Congrats!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I have a very cat safe hound, and he has ZERO interest in playing, other than the occasional butt tuck zoomie.

I don't think you can generalize though.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Stuffie killer extrodinaire.

5342f446-e15b-4e92-8a6c-dc7f3aaf922d.jpg

This is a calendar-worthy photo :beatheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest karilynn

My hound loves his cat brother so much, they are BEST friends. That being said, he loves stuffies, too, and has quite the collection. He knows that the cat is his friend and has never attempted to put his cat brother in his mouth. He knows his toys are his toys and he rips them to shreds.

In total I have had 7 greyhounds live here over the years with my two kitties. Of those, 4 were/are completely obsessed with toys.

Ace and Fritz LOVED toys. Ozzie loves to shake toys really hard. Clarice takes them to her bed and bites at them but does not rip.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest Marsroving

Mars leaves every stuffie he comes across in a pile of bits and pieces...but our cat Frisco just ends up as a pillow : )

I will say though that we've noticed that playing with very squeaky and exciting toys tends to sharpen our high prey (non-SWF and Cat-safe) girl's prey drive. She is MUCH more switched on and reactive to everything if she's been playing regularly with the squeaky things. So they are rationed in my house.

Guest antiqueal

Ciara loves to try to sniff the cat and when that doesn't work she picks up a stuffy and tosses it in the air once or twice.