Seamie (Sly Shane, June 16, 2000-April 15, 2014)

FiveRoooooers

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Jan...my heart just sank when I saw his name show up here. He was a lucky soul to have lived with you, and you were a lucky soul to have had him in your life. One of the most treasured hounds of GT, for sure. Hugs to you and your campers :grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest RooMcClanahan

Tears hitting my desk at work as well. I'm so, so sorry for the loss of your sweetest Seamie.

Jan, you suggested that everyone here -- Seamus' many, many friends -- did the work of writing his tribute. And while that's partially true, I also think that every beautiful day you guys spent together was a tribute to life and love itself. It was meant to be, in every way.

Big, big hugs to all of you. Rest well, sweet boy. :heart

Guest Marsroving

I can't stop crying, my partner always razes me about reading this thread when it makes me so sad, when she asked me why I read it I said "because I love them all".

It's great getting to know everyone's kids on the forum..,and every time one of them goes I recall my favorite photo or story. Seamie was truly one of my favorites here. It's good to know he has friends waiting for him.

After reading your tribute I see that Seamie was ready to go, even if you or anyone else wasn't...I hope this brings some comfort, Jan :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

From one Jan to another- I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy. I enjoyed reading about him. He was a delight and will be another favorite Greytalk hound that will be in my heart and memory forever. Run free sweet boy- your Momma loves you so.

I am so very sorry that Seamie had to go. He made such an impact on so many. Godspeed you sweet sweet boy.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Jan, I am so sorry that Seamie had to leave you. I know the emptiness you are feeling right now all too well. :grouphug

Seamie was loved by so many - even those of us who never had a chance to meet him in the "real". He was a gentle hound, and so sweet and ever so brave. I hope you don't mind me sharing this picture of just how special and brave Seamie was.

24Braveboyscopy.jpg

Run fast and free Seamie, knowing that you will always be in our hearts.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Seamie had the best friends here, hooman and hound. Thank you all so much :grouphug I appreciate each and every one of you.

He was cremated on Good Friday. This, from The Little Prince, arrived from a GreyTalk friend yesterday, on the day Seamie's ashes came home :brokenheart:heart

In one of the stars

I shall be living

In one of them

I shall be laughing

And so it will be

as if all the stars

were laughing

when you look up

at the sky at night

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Though Seamie may be gone in body, his spirit and the memories will be with you forever.

Wanda, with the DC Racing Kids,

Eric ( DNT Finbarclancy )  6/29/14    Maggie ( DNT Oh Maggie ) 6/29/14

Lorraine ( DC Don't Rainonme ) 3/15/08 - 4/9/20 ---  Suzie ( DC Lazy Susan ) 3/12/06 - 9/4/18 --- Stormy ( DC Major Storm ) 11/29/99 - 1/21/12 ---- Andy ( Andy's Alibi ) 1/23/99 - 12/30/11

Guest Gemma

My heart sank when I saw this thread. :cry1 I felt like I knew Seamie from all your stories and pictures. He reminds me so much of my boy, and I can't believe he's gone. Even though I never had the pleasure of meeting him, I know that he was an amazing, gentle soul who brought smiles to many of us, and no more so than to his beloved momma.

I'm so, so sorry for your loss.

Guest greytbookert

Oh no Jan, I'm so very, very sorry!

many hugs to you!

Seamie, send your Mama a sign that you have arrived at the bridge frolicking with Lady Bug.