Seamie (Sly Shane, June 16, 2000-April 15, 2014)

FiveRoooooers

Seamus. Seamie to his friends and all those who loved him. A proper tribute will have to wait, but his friends would want to know about the new, brightest star they may have seen last night. I cannot believe Seamie is gone. He finally got to meet LadyBug. :beatheart

I love you Seamie, I just do. :brokenheart

I did not see this coming. Seamie was pretty good when I left for work Tuesday morning. But at work I knew something was wrong, I got that feeling and I should have gone home. When I got there, Seamie wasn't standing at the back of the pack, waiting for the other campers to do their dance on their way outside. He rose gingerly from his bed, holding out his right front, totally relapsed. As you know, after his recent romp in the snow he was seen at clinic for x-rays and we consulted Dr. Couto - nothing seemed amiss but additional films might be considered. It took so much out of Seamie to get him into the car, to clinic, etc., we all agreed that we would not to do any more diagnostics. He was responding to the meds and seemed to be improving every day, albeit slowly. Over the weekend he worked feverishly on his outdoor projekt and I wonder if that set him up to relapse. He was clearly in big trouble. I carried him outside and it was very hard on him, but he wanted to be *outside* - it took him 20+ minutes to hobble from the back to the front yard to his cushion, where last week he had spent a wonderful 3rd Gotcha Day. Tonight he knew his mission was to get to his cushion. Once there he collapsed and put his face down, chin resting in the dirt. Right then I knew. :brokenheart A consult with our doc (who loves my dogs as her own) and we decided to try some drugs to see if Seamie could respond. Three hours later, I carried him to the BOH and we were on our way to clinic to say goodbye. He was 13.10 years old.

Nerve sheath tumor or OS. I can still hear: "It's very bad." Seamie was so comfy in the BOH and our doc wholeheartedly agreed that we shouldn't move him. I climbed in the back with him, putting one arm under his head and wrapping my other arm around his neck, burying my face in that thick sable brindle fur. Seamie was safe and secure in my arms, and then he was gone. Two tiny short breaths were all, no looking around, no anxiety, it was just so incredibly fast and peaceful. Seamie was ready. I believe if we had waited until morning that he would have passed in the night. He left no doubts in my mind that we had made the right decision when we did to help him on his journey. Seamie took his Grammies Jammies, some chikken FEET!, the purple pillow that matched TPGIT's, and a photo of LadyBug - he would finally get to meet her :heart Some have suggested that Seamie made sure that Andy was here and settled so that he could take care of us.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.

You are his life. His love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

This may be a first but I believe that all of you, with your warm and thoughtful posts, have written Seamie's tribute. I am amazed at how well you knew him and how much you loved him. I knew that Seamie had friends here but never did I imagine to this extent. The kindness and support you all have shown me in my grief has been overwhelming. I cannot thank you enough, each of you who have taken the time to post, those who sent PM's, those who are crying right along with me, those whose names I am seeing for the first time - thank you so much. :grouphug Seamie, the Multi-Talented, the gentle soul who possessed, among his many talents, the gift of healing. We love you Seamie, we just do. :brokenheart

SeamieHydrangea10-15-13_zps930e9d05.jpg

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no! Jan I am so incredibly sorry. Seamie was a very special soul, and he was so very lucky to have found you for his final years.

We all loved Seamie. We just did.

Godspeed Seamus.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

There are no words to express how very, very sorry I am, Jan. My heart breaks with and for you.

Seamie, you were so very loved by so many who never got to even meet you.

Hugs, Cindy

Send your mom a sign, Seamie. She is going to need one.

Edited by dante2zoe

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

:cry1 I just gasped when I saw his name. I'm so sorry, Jan. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Jan, my friend, I share your grief. The world will not be the same without the Whirled Famus Soos Chef.

Seamie, run free. Find the campers who have gone before.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Oh nooooooooo. I'm so sorry he had to leave you. I too loved your boy from afar.

Godspeed, sweetheart. You were perfect and unforgettable and your momma -- and so many others! -- will love you forever.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry, Jan. Once again, I find myself in tears for a hound that I never met, but loved like he was my own.

Run free, Seamie. You will never know how much joy you brought to so many people.

:f_red

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Jan, it is impossible to write this without tears. My heart is with you and I feel your loss. Seamie, the handsome boy with the beautiful eyes, the gentleman's soul, the gorgeous fur and long Siamese tail. I am so sorry it was his time to leave. He has spent the best 3 years of his life with you in the most loving home possible. You shared a bond that will never be broken.

Seamie was one of a kind. He will always be remembered with great fondness and love. His contentment and joy in his home at Camp Greyhound was evident in every photo & video.

Sweet boy, rest well and bring your Mom a sign.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest laura150

I'm so sorry to hear about Seamie. I loved looking at all of his pictures. He was so loved and I'm sure felt it every single minute of every day you guys had together.

no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no........NO. Oh, no. Jan, I am so sorry, words cannot begin to express what is in my heart.

So many loved him because of the way you shared him with us. Thank you. You made some wonderful memories that I hope will help heal the ragged edges of your broken heart.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead