Fresh Factor?

Guest IrskasMom

Guest IrskasMom

Since quiet some time I hear on this Forum about Fresh Factor ! What is it and is it easy to obtain and where ??? For what is it good / what Purpose does it have ?? Can someone fill me in ?

I just started using it and also purchased the joint health. Our 12 year old Paul has perked up his appetite and even ran a little in the yard today.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I started my girls on it a few weeks ago. They had a sale, so I stocked up. I think there is something in them that doesn't agree with Gabby though. I've tried giving her one three different times and she's thrown up every time. I give them one with their food, so it wasn't on an empty stomach. The others have had no problems though, and love them! Two of my girls are seniors, so am hoping it will help them as they age.

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

I started my girl on this a couple of months ago. Her "clicking" when she goes upstairs has noticeably decreased. And her coat is shinier and a bit fuller.

Where do you purchase it?

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I googled it and found this review. http://www.dogvitaminreviews.com/springtime.html so I'm going to pass on it.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Seamus started Springtime's Fresh Factors on Sept. 24 and the spring in his step it has provided is amazing. In the future, all of my seniors will start on this sooner rather than later.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest IrskasMom

I just looked at it ,is there a strenght to this Pills and what do you think I need ? There are so many different Strenght and Sizes , I am more confused ??

NO different "strengths" on Fresh Factors. ALL FRESH FACTORS ARE THE SAME. You can get different sized botlles though and generally the bigger the bottle the cheaper it is. Now they sell additional wonderful prods which I use but Fresh Factors is the benchmark. It is an amazing and unbelievable thing-results sometimes appear miraculous lol. Call them on the phone if you are unsure and they will be glad to help you to understand about it and/or order some. They are very nice folks and are very knowledgeable as well.

I'd save your money, unless what you want is for your dog to have more costly urine.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Well, first of all, the ingredients don't appear to be tested in any way. The "guaranteed analysis" is what they say they put in the bottle. There's no guaranteed analysis of what nutrients those items (such as kelp and desiccated liver) actually contain, which can vary. Some of the things contained could actually be harmful to your pet rather than helpful.

Second, the ingredients, such as they are, have mostly been shown to have little or no value for improving health, staving off age-related deterioration, etc. Any positive difference you see in a pet or yourself would then be placebo effect. That's not NO effect, but I wouldn't pay for it.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I've been giving Fresh Factors for my boys for many months now, might I gander roughly a year. I truly support this product, and would recommend it to anyone - and have on many occasions. We started with one tablet once a day, and then one tablet twice a day (with every meal). I've since scaled back FF to once a day because the fur is ridiculous, and JH still twice a day. I find the company is great to deal with, I have to order over the phone, while shipping to Canada can be a bit pricey. I just try to buy a bigger bottle so I don't get dinged with multiple orders.

There is no way that my boys started growing an incredible amount of fur all of a sudden on their coats, other than the explanation that they have been receiving Fresh Factor supplements. Nothing else in their diet changed, and I certainly wasn't tending to them any more or less for grooming, etc. Amazingly, when I've cut the dose down, the fur growth has slowed. I'm also willing to bet, if I stop giving the supplement, excessive fur growth will also cease. So to me, these things work. The evidence is all over my house as a matter of fact, and isn't related to seasons - now that I've been through this for a full 12 months. They may work in varying degrees per dog, but IMO they do a kick a$$ job for both of mine. The funny thing about dogs, they don't know when they are given the real thing or a placebo. People do. They won't change or react differently if given a sugar pill for months at a time instead of a Fresh Factor vitamin or vise versa. Their body will react, not their mind trying to trick themselves.

Furthermore, I also feed Joint Health to both my boys, and I can tell you without a doubt that they have helped Kasey with a weak back end, and Ryder recover faster from overexertion from a limp. I don't think it's a waste of money, and if my boys could talk, I'm sure they would say thanks.

For those seeing very positive results, how many do you give?

Start with 1 tablet per meal, and continue for about a month to see what the results are like. Adjust accordingly.

Edited by XTRAWLD

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Where do you purchase it?

Straight from Springtime. They often have pretty wicked sales. I had already heard from Xtrawld that the shipping can be costly so I ordered mine to be shipped to a US hotel and I collected it during one of my US visits.

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

In this thread there are several links directly to Springtime :) Seamus started with four tablets (two at each meal). I've since cut him back to three and there has not yet been any noticeable difference in the benefits that were clearly attributed to the addition of Fresh Factors to his diet. Springtime has been around a very long time; one of the customer service peeps with whom I spoke was a 20 year employee. It has been wonderful for my senior.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I don't like to bicker, but, how would a dog be able to sustain a placebo effect? They don't know they are taking a supplement.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

The dog's owner knows the dog is taking a supplement. The placebo effect is in the owner's interpretation in this case.

Edited by Batmom

I've been using fresh factors for about 3 months now. My boy is about the baldest greyhound I've ever seen. Although he did not grow more fur from it, the fur he has is more sleek and shiny with no flaky skin anymore. No dramatic changes, but I do think it was helpful. As far as the review of springtime that was posted goes, I'd want to know who backs this site before I made any decision about springtime.

I am a big fan of Springtime as well. I know some don't use it because there seems to be little or no scientific backing. I am a believer in scientific testing, but I am also a believer in results. For my dogs, the results are obvious, and as someone said, the dogs don't know what they are getting, so it can't work based on their "belief". Same with acupuncture, the results convinced me. Totally up to you.

They made Diamond crazy AndNotInAGoodWay. She was extremely restless and almost seemed confused - she would wander into a room and just stare for long periods of time. All day long. I realized Fresh Factor was the only change I'd made, so I stopped giving them, and she went back to normal. A few months later, I thought maybe it was just a coincidence, so I picked up the Fresh Factors again. Craziness came back, in exactly the same way.

So I threw them in the bin.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

I've been using Fresh Factors and Joint Health for ALL of my guys for years. I throw one of each in their food AM and PM and I find the results are really good. Ford's legs actually creaked when he got up from the day we got him at age 2. After a week on the supplements, he no longer had and still has no arthritic problems at age 8.

Agree with Irene. Dogs can't experience a placebo effect. :-)

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

They made Diamond crazy AndNotInAGoodWay. She was extremely restless and almost seemed confused - she would wander into a room and just stare for long periods of time. All day long. I realized Fresh Factor was the only change I'd made, so I stopped giving them, and she went back to normal. A few months later, I thought maybe it was just a coincidence, so I picked up the Fresh Factors again. Craziness came back, in exactly the same way.

So I threw them in the bin.

Lots of contaminants in kelp -- high levels of arsenic, for example -- and variable amounts of iodine. This company doesn't appear to test for any of those things. Glad you stopped before any real harm was done.