Fresh Factor?

Guest IrskasMom

I decided to try them for my 2 seniors.......started about a month ago.

Desi...85 lb....gets 2 each meal.

Early times, but I see absolutely no change whatsoever.

He has been on NutriMax joint supplement for years, and coconut oil for his skin, so

maybe he's just already as good as he's ever gonna get?

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Guest FreeholdHound

I've tried the Fresh Factors in the past but it caused loose stool in Harry. Backed off of it and tried 1/2 doses for a while but that didn't change anything. Forti Flora had the same results. Pumpkin, salmon oil, beet pulp, and Iams Green Bag all do the same. Evidently Harry hasn't been reading Greytalk forums and taking the advice given ( although I've always appreciated it). I gave all the leftovers to a friend with a Lab who has issues & she had wonderful results. What works for some doesn't work for all. Kefir, digestive enzymes, and partial raw has been the ticket for me.

I've heard many good things about the product, so I checked out their website, and their published testimonials really put me off the product.

They published testimonials from people claiming everything from drastically reduced recovery times from surgery, to saving their dog from months of antibiotics to cure mange (btw, you don't use antibiotics for mange...), to putting their dog's leukemia into remission. I have a fairly low bs-threshold, and I came away feeling like this is a pretty oily (as in "snake oil") company.

If they'd just published the accounts of "my 9 or 10 or 15 year-old dog runs and plays again" type testimonials I may well have bought in to their claims.

Fresh Factors active ingredients are nutritional yeast (effectiveness most likely from B vitamins), Chondroitin (if you're giving glucosamine already, you're already probably also giving chondriotin - why doesn't this product also include it? (or MSM, for that matter?)) Bee Pollen (either helps with allergies or causes anaphylactic reactions, depending on who is talking about it), kelp (I worry about potential contaminants), dehydrated liver (common training treats) and biotin (I don't really know anything about this one).

I happen to have all of the ingredients at home except for the bee pollen and biotin, and gave them to Twiggy for about a week. She actually did seem a bit peppier, but it also could have been the cooler weather, although the B- vitamins in the nutritional yeast seem like a possibility, too. She definitely had increased gassiness that was not weather-related, though :hehe

All of this to say, I think it may be on OK product, but I think there are cheaper ways to get the same result, and don't expect it to be a miracle cure for whatever ails your hound!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

• 5 years later...

I have used their Fresh Factors and Joint Health for years. Let me tell you a story about them. I had received my order but did not really pay attention to the bottles. I went to get a new bottle and the seal was broken. I knew I only brought up a new bottle once the old one was empty so I didn't think I had opened it and realized I didn't need a new bottle at the time and returned it to the cabinet where I keep them.

I e-mailed their customer service and they replied immediately. They apologized and shipped a new bottle Next Day Air. I told the rep how at my greyhound meet and greet I over heard a store employee recommend giving their dog joint supplements but she did not recommend a brand. After the employee left I approached the couple and told them about Springtime Naturals. They were happy for the recommendation. The rep was really tickled that I was recommending their products. I told them anytime someone asks about joint supplements I recommend their company. I sent her photos of my greyhounds.

Two days later I get a letter from the company. It was from the president of the company. He thanked me profusely for the recommendation. He asked if he could use my greyhounds photo that I sent to the rep in their catalog along with some of the e-mail I sent to the rep. I said sure, that would be cool He then told me he put $500 on my account as a thank you for being such a loyal customer. I was blown away! That was amazing customer service.

Luka and Peace's photo is still on their web site. Made me happy to see my now Bridge angels on their site.

I grew up in the town where they are based.  I always laugh when their shipments come because the name of the shipper at their company is someone I went to high school with. 

Rocket always did great on the Fresh Factors and Joint Health.  We also tried their Advanced Joint product (can't recall the name ) but found it bothered Rocket's stomach.)  We saw a big difference in him just a few days after starting the Fresh Factors when he started running and playing more than ever.  We are still battling hookworms in Petunia, but will start her on the Springtime products once she is clear of hooks,  I don't want to throw too many things into her tummy at once since the hooks have her stomach upset once in a while. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life