Urgent Help Needed

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:goodluck:hope:hope:grouphug

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

:candle Sending prayers for a turn around .... :candle

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Oh, Judy, I'm so sorry I didn't see this until now! I'd have been sending out a ton of good thoughts to your sweet boy. I'm sitting in a hotel room in Malaga Spain, having just gotten back from a day of helping at Char del Rio's finca, and thought I'd check out GT, since I haven't been on since I got here on Friday. When I saw it was a post about Nadir, my heart sank. I know how many ups and downs you've had, and how you take such good care of him.

Please know that I am thinking about you both, and hoping that he bounces back. I'm sure Lydia (who I'm missing like crazy) doesn't need me to tell her to send some telepaphic "get well, be safe, love you!" thoughts out to her sweetie.

I'm going to try and check on GT more often. Sending hugs across the ocean.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Nancy, it is so good to hear from you.

After a bad day and very sleepless night yesterday, I came home from work to find him feeling and acting better. A lot I feel has to do with the fact that he finally ate something this morning and had a bowel movement without sending him into crippling pains. He only ate though after giving him a mirtazipine to stimulate his appetite I had left over from Beanie. Tonight though, I found something he liked and he ate almost a full meal. There has also been no panting from pain since I've gotten home. We are no where near out of the woods, but I will take this good day for what it is worth.

I'm so glad to see a positive update! I will keep hoping that we see more of this kind of news, and that he will continue to feel better and better.

Come on, sweet boy---we love you!

Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon

We are all glad Nadir and you had a good day. Good thoughts for many more.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

continued prayers for many more good days :hope --- and soft poop! :rofl:nod

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Thought I'd give an update for those checking in. Wednesday evening's and Thursday morning's bowel movements were rather bad for him. He had wanted to go for a walk Thursday morning so I took him for a short one, but ended up having to carry him halfway back after his bowel movement caused him so much pain he was unable to walk back himself. Last night was pretty rough for him, he couldn't seem to get comfortable and I'm afraid tonight may be the same. The good news is his bowel movements since then have been much easier on him so that makes me think there possibly is hope for more improvement. Also he is continuing to eat. His demand of at least 1 stinky fish in every meal must be met however, or he refuses to eat.

I really need to get him back to Auburn so they can do an ultrasound and assess his clot. I really need to know if he is going to improve or is this as good as it gets :(.

Edited to add, tonight may not be a bad one after all. After going back and finishing his dinner he seems to have settled down and is no longer panting like he was earlier.

Edited by 4My2Greys

Hoping for a quiet night for both of you. :grouphug

For humans, there are stool softeners. Is there something similar for dogs, and might it be helpful here?

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Judy and Nadir, I'm keeping you both in my prayers. I've been thinking about you so much. Leaving Spain tomorrow, and I'll check in when I get home.

Hoping no news is good news, and sending good thoughts for Nadir.

ditto :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.