Urgent Help Needed

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeping you and your boy close in my thoughts.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

More good thoughts from up North.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Thanks everyone we can use all the good thoughts you can send. I'm going today to try to find out the status of his clot and if is worth it for us to keep fighting. Lately as I've posted his condition has worsened and the pain becoming more intense and lasting longer. There have been several nights where he has been up all night panting nonstop from the pain. I've increased his gabapentin to 400mg from 300mg twice a day and tramadol from 50mg twice a day to 100mg given in the morning before I leave for work, then at 6:00 pm and again at 12:00 am. This seems to have helped somewhat, but he still has episodes of panting from the pain. What I'm hoping to find out is if the clot is growing larger (not good) or if it is starting to break down and although giving him more problems right now will continue to dissolve and eventually no longer be a problem. The other thing I want to discuss with them, if the clot is growing is the possibility and cost of surgery, I guess they would put a stent in to bypass the clot. It wasn't presented as an option before because of his heart, but considering what I'm looking at now I almost feel that if the success rate is high enough and I can afford it it will be worth the risk compared to the alternative I'm looking at now of having to let him go because I can't control his pain anymore.

Hoping for some good news for you and Nadir.

:grouphug

BTW, Gabapentin needs to be dosed every 8 hours, not every 12. So you have a chance to increase his pain control that way.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Gosh, I've been following this thread. I hope you get good news today. Lots of prayers for Nadir.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

All fingers and toes crossed for Nadir!!!

a few prayers have been whispered as well

:hope:hope:hope

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Oh, Judy, tears for you, for your worry and for his pain. We are keeping you both in our prayers, and hoping that it isn't the sad news you fear. :hope

:grouphug

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Any updates? :hope

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

We didn't get back home yesterday until almost 9:00 last night. I sat down to give an update after getting Nadir and Chase fed and taken out for potty then fell asleep as I started to write an update.

Unfortunately the original thrombus has not gotten any smaller. There are also numerous clots in the arteries of his back legs. We was able to actually feel one that was in the artery coming down right under his groin. You can feel a pulse if you place your fingers right in the crease of his groin then come down about an inch or so and you feel this hard corded area after that you lose the pulse. My vet had found this on examination last week after his bad episode and it was confirmed on ultrasound that this was a clot.

I've got to start getting ready for work so I will give an update tonight on what we discussed as far as surgery goes.

He slept very good last night I'm very happy to say.

Thanks for letting us know, Judy. The good thoughts, white light, prayers, and nose kisses from Lydia are still coming!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I've never dealt with a clot before, so I don't know anything about it... might sound ignorant, so I apologize.... if they know where the clots are located, they can't insert a needle in them and break them up, or inject something to break/dilute them? I can't believe what pain he's experiencing from this, yet it seems like they should be able to treat it somehow... poor baby... my hopes and prayers are with you...

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.