Bubba And Suds

Neighsayer

Losing both on the same day was a shock to me, but i realized that they were each used to being part of a pair. Maybe they planned it this way!

Bubba (Hallo Apple Seed) Oct 3,1999 - March 12, 2013.

He and Meeka (Nitro's Cookie) came to me in February, 2011. They were both 11 years old and had lived together for years. Their owner was dying, and family members were closing up the house. An emergency placement was needed, even if they had to be split up. I didn't want that to happen, so i took them both. Meeka lost her fight with kidney disease last year.

Suds (Hud's Stranger) Dec 22,1999 - March 12, 2013.

He and Tucker (Tuckerlongstride) came to me in 2008. They had also been in a home together, and needed placement due to the owner's serious health problems. The owner brought them to my house so i could decide which one i wanted to adopt. Of course i couldn't allow them to be split up, so I took them both. Tucker lost his fight with osteo in 2009.

They each lost a partner, and they became my first dogs to reach 13. Bubba had been an old man for years, but was healthy. He started to act younger when I adopted my two brood moms last month. He even started chasing a ball! Suds was a much younger 13. He acted more like a 7 year old until he developed his mystery pain a few weeks ago.

They were both great dogs! I needed a couple of well behaved guys to make up for my trouble maker, Mickey. I love them and miss them! It hurts sooo much!

It was sooo hard losing them on the same day. My eyelids are stuck together from crying. My heart hurts from all the emotion i poured out on GT and GFNJ Facebook pages. I flooded them with pictures as Suds progressed through his ordeal and Bubba helped us build a ramp for both of them. Photobucket hasn't been cooperating, so i don't have pictures here. I am Irene Walsh Gavin on fb, if anyone wants to see them there.

Thanks all for your support and good wishes! People here understand!

Could someone please update their greyhound data pages? Thanks,

Irene

Edited by Neighsayer

What a horrible shock it must be to lose two on the same day. I'm so very sorry.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Irene :grouphug You are so good to take in those old kids, to make sure that they could stay together as long as possible. I am so very sorry for your double loss. I lost two on the same day 30 minutes apart. Be very good to yourself and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. :grouphug

Godspeed Bubba and Suds, much loved kids.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

What a wonderful person you are to adopt the seniors! You know that your heart may be broken a lot sooner, yet you're willing to accept that because it is so rewarding to give them love and security in their later years. But to lose 2 precious oldies on the same day---I can't imagine how painful that is.

I think you are right, though---they are together as they watch over you, and hopefully, that knowledge can bring some comfort to your heart.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Bubba and Suds.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so sorry for your losses. I can't imagine losing two beloved family members on the same day. My heart goes out to you.

Godspeed, boys.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest OPointyDog

You gave them an amazing gift - a home at the end of their lives without splitting them up. I'm so sorry they had to leave you. :grouphug

I cannot even imagine what pain you are experiencing.

Sending prayers to help heal your heart.

Godspeed Bubba and Suds.

Run pain free at the bridge and be reunited with your friends!

I'm so very sorry. Losing one is hard. Losing two the same day is unimaginable. I'm glad that they were able to spend their last years with you.

Godspeed Bubba.

Godspeed Suds.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Two new stars are shining brightly in the heavens. I am so sorry for your losses.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds