Spent The Night In Emergency..

Guest Nekos_Mommy

Guest FawnFan

Nice birthday present! And glad you were able to find one sibling at least.

Will be thinking of you both today...

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nekos_Mommy

Neko is under right now (I work tonight so I'm helping... very nerve racking!) sometimes its better not to be there because you can pretend its not happening :P

I drove his blood sample to good samaritan.. We're about to extract the bone marrow sample and then I'll know more once pathology takes a look at it.

All fingers and toes crossed for an easy waking and something easy to fix!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Nekos_Mommy

Neko's waking up now, pretty much out of the woods for the anesthesia portion of today. Now waiting on results. It was a little hard to watch because he's my baby... especially the "pop" when they get in the bone :P

Sitting with him now while he wakes up until our hip replacement surgery starts up.

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts!

Is he staying at the hospital overnight so his bruising can be monitored?

Good luck to you both...

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest Nekos_Mommy

No, they are not concerned about the bleeding after 3+ hours, He's being monitored until 5 tonight when i get off work.

Luckily there was no hemorrhaging during the procedure, hopefully he'll stay docile (he usually is)

I've been distracted by my own stuff, but now checking back in and wishing you the best of luck in getting some answers. And it's so good that you can be there with him.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Hope you get answers and good news. :hope:goodluck

Beautiful necklace!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest Nekos_Mommy

So, I just picked up Neko, and the bone marrow samples showed that he is not regenerating red blood cells or megakaryocytes (what turn into platelets). They still have no idea why, as there was no sign of cancer (yay!). We dont know when his coagulopathy results will be back.

His PCV is down to 15% now :/ and she said that the fact that his platelet count was still high but they are not being regenerated in the bone marrow could pose a problem soon (if he doesnt have platelets to replace these ones) it could worsen his disease. Once he has one more sample sent to good samaritan on friday she would like to start him on prednisolone to suppress his immune system to see if his disease is immune mediated (which is really our last option) and at the same time give him a round of doxy. She said it is possible that this disease is still tick bourne (although rare, he's been tested many times and come up negative) but she would not want to suppress his immune system if he has a tick bourne disease.

So.... the only real news right now is that its not cancer! but his PCV is dropping again. She said as long as he seems bright and alert he should not need a transfusion, but as soon as we notice a change in his energy level shed like to give him one .

How frustrating! Still saying prayers for your boy.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

my sister's partner's dog -- not a greyhound -- is going through a similar thing, but without the bruising and bleeding. it first manifested in lethargy. the vets have checked everything: tick borne disease, cancer, hepatitis, parasites, etc., etc., all to no avail. in the mean time, his platelet count is way off, even though he hasnt been displaying physical or behavioral symptoms for a months or so. they also believe it to be some sort of unidentified autoimmune diseases, but have no clue what it actually might be. they also thought that perhaps he might have gotten into something toxic at some point, but there are no results in any of his tests to prove or disprove it. diagnostics and medication for the dog (no insured) are also up to about $4-5k at this point. its so frustrating.

Guest Nekos_Mommy

Tell me about it! Its so frustrating. Thank god I have insurance.. even then I'm at about 500$... but on the bright side i've saved $4500

I am glad it's not cancer however I can understand the frustration in not knowing. Give you special boy a hug from me.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

It's so frustrating when you know what "it isn't", when all you really want to know is what "it is". Been there. Sending continuing prayers for your beautiful boy. He is absolutely stunning!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead