I'm so sorry, Liz! Please let us know how he's doing, and know that you and Target are in our prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Liz, I am sorry about the diagnosis. More good thoughts for you and Target.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Oh Liz. :( I'm sorry to read this.

Hugs! You know where to reach me if you need an ear/shoulder.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

oh NO :( :(

sending more prayers for your sweet boy! :hope :Hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

• 3 weeks later...

We still haven't heard from the Oncologist. I will be calling on Monday.

I have also contacted Dr. Couto and he said he would look at Targets results and MRI and give his opinion.

Unfortunately I don't feel anything will change. Surgery is not an option. The information the radiologist gave me is that radiation treatment for this kind of tumor is 30 days (5 days/week) at $4,000. Or travel to US for 3 day treatment at $8,000.

Life expectancy without radiation approximately 2 months, with radiation 1-1/2 years.

Has anyones greyhound here had a brain tumor and experience with or without radiation? I'd like to hear if you have.

If anyone knows the numbers for the big lottery I could sure use them now.

Thanks

Liz and Target

lots of prayers for you from our house...

Rio aka El Rio (Dec. 4/07) - Home May 16, 2010
Tiana aka CTW Tyra Time (June 7/07 to December 9, 2016) - home July 1, 2010, we miss you terribly, Sweet Girl :weep

Willy aka Starz Predator (Oct. 15/06) - home Aug. 29, 2010
and littermates Merlin aka CTW Excalibur & Mirage aka CTW Mirage (Jan. 1/08) - home Dec. 5, 2010
& June 3, 2012
missing Beagle-Chihuahua, Kasie Lynn (March 15/95-Sept. 13/10)

We still haven't heard from the Oncologist. I will be calling on Monday.

I have also contacted Dr. Couto and he said he would look at Targets results and MRI and give his opinion.

Unfortunately I don't feel anything will change. Surgery is not an option. The information the radiologist gave me is that radiation treatment for this kind of tumor is 30 days (5 days/week) at $4,000. Or travel to US for 3 day treatment at $8,000.

Life expectancy without radiation approximately 2 months, with radiation 1-1/2 years.

Has anyones greyhound here had a brain tumor and experience with or without radiation? I'd like to hear if you have.

If anyone knows the numbers for the big lottery I could sure use them now.

Thanks

Liz and Target

Please contact packmom

Edited by tbhounds

I'm so sorry to hear the diagnosis. My Emmy had a tumor at the base of her brain. It affected her eye sight and she went blind, she also could not open her mouth wide without pain so I had to blend her food. She developed Cushings and eventually had a seizure at which point we let her go.

We, at that time, just could not afford the cost of surgery, radiation and chemo. I know there was someone here on GT who got their non grey into trial at a greatly reduced cost. I think it gave her pup a year or close to it.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee