Gus (Deco Viper) Is Gone.....

Guest AmberGusDad

I'm so sorry. I remember his story from so many years ago. I'm glad he had so much time to enjoy his life of leisure with you.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry Ed. Run free sweet little boy. :bighug:cry1:bighug You did NOT fail him. You LOVED him and gave him a wonderful life that he would not have had without you.

Edited by Cully

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

I'm so sorry.

Godspeed Gus.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh Ed, you didn't fail him, you gave him a wonderful life. You were there for him after his capture with unconditional love. To me that's not failing him. You are also not the first to feel you've failed your pup. I've felt it more than once. Gus I know didn't feel you failed him. He loved you. I'm so very sorry for your loss of your very special boy.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Ed, my heart aches for you. He was well loved and cherished. Godspeed precios Gus...

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

:grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I am so heartfelt sorry that Gus had to leave, truly sorry.

But please be gentle with yourself. Please? We often feel we could have done more or different when we are down this road. Most of the time, we did everything possible. Please know that Gus loved you with his whole heart and be kind to yourself for him.

I'm so very sorry. Gus would not want you to blame yourself. You always loved him and he knew that.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Our hearts ache so deeply for you. Gus was truly one of the most fortunate Greyhounds ever to have finally found his way to you to share the best years of his life. You were a Godsend for your boy, who found an amazing second chance in your loving family.

Godspeed Gus in warmly wrapped angel wings...

Guest K9_Lady

Ed, I am so sorry for your loss of Gus. You gave him a loving home and I am sure that he knew that he was loved. You were both blessed to have found each other. I think that many of us have had some of the same feelings that you are having… but in the end we all know in our hearts that we try to do all that we can for our dogs. I hate that they have to leave.
Gus will be forever in your heart. K9 Arco will be watching out for him.
God speed Gus, you were loved by many :heart

"For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart."

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sorry he had to leave. I know that your heartbreak is still so fresh.

Godspeed, Gus. You are amongst some incredible company up there.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Oh no! Not Gus! I'm shocked and so very sorry.

Your story is one of love and devotion rarely seen. Ed, I can assure you that you did not let him down. :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm so very sorry to hear that Gus has gone - his story has to be one of the most touching and memorable ones I've read on GT. Please try not to be too hard on yourself. Grief does strange things to people and I hope that time will bring you a kinder perspective.

Rest in peace, Gus, and :grouphug to your grieving dad.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Guest Liz_in_PA

The things that you are saying in your head...

Would you say them to any one else?

Hindsight is 20/20. All you can do is learn from your experiences and make different choices next time.

Ed, I'm so sorry Gus had to leave you... all us old-timers on GT will always remember him..

Run free, Gus

Be kind to yourself, Ed :bighug

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

My heart breaks for you. I am so very sorry. I am sure that you were his world as he was yours.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow