Limping

Guest greytgrandma

Not Hot Rod.... :(

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the radiologest looked at the xrays. They think it is already stage 2 and monday will look for masses on his lungs and other places :weep

Sorry to hear about Hot Rod's diagnosis. Just wanted to mention that I've never heard of staging osteosarcoma based on x-rays. I'm not sure what 'stage 2' would mean since it's usually not staged like that anyway. Most of the radiologists I've consulted have said that you can't even say 100% that it is OSA just from how it looks on x-rays, much less tell how advanced it is. Hoping that the rest of the testing comes back clear, and that you'll have some good treatment options to consider.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

We never heard stages mentioned in Gabe's treatment, either. The only issues our oncologist discussed with us were:

1) Whether there were lung mets

2) Pain management (Which took some adjusting)

3) The liklihood of a fracture (Not always possible to tell from X-rays)

Our oncologist also didn't like to diagnose Osteo based just on X-rays. He took a fine needle aspirate to confirm.

Edited by vjgrey

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest greytgrandma

. Angie was crying when she called, maybe she misunderstood the vet or maybe I miss understood her.stages or no stages, they will be checking him for other masses.

I am so sorry. Whatever path you choose, I hope Hot Rod has good quality time left and you all get to make memories together.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

a cure cannot come fast enough!!!

I'm so sorry to hear of his diagnosis.

:bighug

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Oh no! I'm so very sorry. I hope his pain can be managed and he has many more quality days with all who love him. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

BTW, I do second the advice to get a second opinion from OSU (which can be done by email with digital x-rays) and a fine needle aspirate to confirm the dx. I don't have personal experience with osteosarcoma, but I do know that it can be confused with other things.

I would want it confirmed, especially in view of the raised temperature - I'd be wondering about things like Valley Fever, which does have to be ruled out as an alternative dx if your dog is, or has been, living in an affected area. As I understand it, there can also be nodules in the lungs. Please do make sure your vet is certain before drastic measures are taken!

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

OMG what a kick in the gut. :weep Not Hot Rod too. I am just beside myself. If he needs anything just let me know. Wish I could give him a milky bone right now. Praying for him.

Hot Rod get well right-a-wayquick-you're just the special kind of houndie that can pull something like that off. WE LOVE YOU BABY. For Hot Rod: :kiss2:beatheart

Edited by racindog

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO N O!!!!!!

I'm so, so sorry! Hot Rod has always been one of my favorites here on GT.

Please point Angie and your son to the Osteo Thread. There is a lot of information and support there no matter which treatment option they choose.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

oh NO :( :( :( God, not another baby.

ETA: I personally would not do a biopsy -- it's very invasive and can cause more problems than help :(

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway