If You Can Spare A Good Thought For Nube.it's Osteo.xrays

Hugs to you and Nube. I am hoping he gets feeling better soon!

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cashie

Thoughts and prayers go out to Nube, his Mommy and Daddy. I hope this works for him and you get to see more of the old Nube soon!

Checking in for an update, and continuing to send prayers.

Wanda, with the DC Racing Kids,

Eric ( DNT Finbarclancy )  6/29/14    Maggie ( DNT Oh Maggie ) 6/29/14

Lorraine ( DC Don't Rainonme ) 3/15/08 - 4/9/20 ---  Suzie ( DC Lazy Susan ) 3/12/06 - 9/4/18 --- Stormy ( DC Major Storm ) 11/29/99 - 1/21/12 ---- Andy ( Andy's Alibi ) 1/23/99 - 12/30/11

hi guys,

Nube's about the same, maybe a tiny bit better (KNOCK ON WOOD) because I think the left leg is feeling a little better maybe. He is enjoying his new home cooked food at least though :) .... says his mom is a good chef :food Nube's about 70% off the dry kibble (Canidae) and Larry's at about 45-50% off (we have to finish up this last bag of food first). It's a lot of work to make their food (a lot of components) but at least I feel like I'm doing something -- anything -- to help. I ordered some multi vitamins and some eggshell calcium yesterday too to add in to make sure they're getting everything they need. The change in poop quantity is amazing.

I'm just praying that the next radiation treatment (Wednesday) shows an improvement...if it doesn't, and the last one doesn't, I think we'll have to let him go. I can't let him continue to suffer just because I can't handle letting him go :(

thanks again for all the prayers -- I'm sure they're helping. :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Oh gosh, I so feel for you. It's been bad enough with Sid just lately, but your situation is so much worse. Give Nube a gentle, gentle hug for me, and I think you need one yourself. :bighug

It's so difficult trying to do the right thing - trying to decide the right thing. All you can do is take it a day at a time and make ongoing assessments of all the important factors. Letting go is the hardest thing. :(

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

More hugs from here, for you and Bruce and your sweet boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest patterpaws

hi guys,

Nube's about the same, maybe a tiny bit better (KNOCK ON WOOD) because I think the left leg is feeling a little better maybe. He is enjoying his new home cooked food at least though :) .... says his mom is a good chef :food Nube's about 70% off the dry kibble (Canidae) and Larry's at about 45-50% off (we have to finish up this last bag of food first). It's a lot of work to make their food (a lot of components) but at least I feel like I'm doing something -- anything -- to help. I ordered some multi vitamins and some eggshell calcium yesterday too to add in to make sure they're getting everything they need. The change in poop quantity is amazing.

I'm just praying that the next radiation treatment (Wednesday) shows an improvement...if it doesn't, and the last one doesn't, I think we'll have to let him go. I can't let him continue to suffer just because I can't handle letting him go :(

thanks again for all the prayers -- I'm sure they're helping. :)

Awww I'm glad the houndies are enjoying the home-cooked menu! They sure are lucky guys.

We think of you often and continue to send prayers that the radiation shows an improvement for sweet Nube. Sending a kiss for Nube :kiss2 and a hug for you! :grouphug

So glad Nube is feeling a little better! Since that was yesterday, maybe even better today? *crossing fingers*

It's so hard, knowing we don't know all there is to know, what "right" is .... We just have to do our best in each moment, from the heart.

:bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Keeping you and Nube tucked deep.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Also checking in on you and Nube. Hugs to you!

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

hi :)

Nube continues to hang in there :) it could be my imagination but the limp seems ever so slightly better today. Still horrible, but a better horrible. He was very restless again yesterday afternoon (it's always after he eats at 12:30pm, I don't know why that is so bad, he gets his meds exactly 8 hours apart).

our friend Toni came over Sunday afternoon (originally I thought she should bring her Lottie too but we decided it was too risky) and Nube was very happy to have his Auntie Toni love on him :kiss2 it helped ME too. :)

Tomorrow is radiation treatment #2 and I hope he doesn't get as sore as last week, and I SURE hope we see some improvement. I'm kind of discouraged we haven't seen the great improvements others have gotten here :( just keeping my fingers and toes crossed for my Nubers.

thanks again for checking in :) Nube knows he has a lot of greyt folks thinking about him :kiss2

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Good thoughts for Nube tomorrow. I do hope the radiation treatment kicks in and helps him out with the pain.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.