If You Can Spare A Good Thought For Nube.it's Osteo.xrays

Sending positive vibes to you and Nube today! :clover:ghplaybow

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still sending good thoughts for Nube and you and Bruce. How is Larry taking it?

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Nube did well at the treatment yesterday, the radiologist said he was very good :kiss2 my sweet boy.

he's been extremely restless all morning, though, which is unusual -- he's usually that way in the afternoon and this was a lot more than any other time. He wasn't panting like he has the other times, so I'm not sure if it's pain, boredom, or what. The only thing different (other than the treatment yesterday) was he got 1.5 tablets (supposed to get 3 per day) of a multi-purpose vitamin (from Dr. Fosters & Smith) since I'm doing home cooking...but I can't imagine that is it.

still limping but I don't *think* his left leg is as bad as it was after last weeks, at least I hope it's not.

Nube says thanks :kiss2 for checking on him :kiss2

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Glad to hear his treatment went well yesterday. More good thoughts that it helps Nube out.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Nube really seems to be having a rough day :( :( he won't (can't?) sit still, keeps getting up, moving around, laying in the dining room then coming back to his Snuggleball in the living room and his back end is really weak (he almost collapsed going out the back step to go outside :() and his back legs keep twitching (really hard, too). ARGH. :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Oh no!!!! I was happy at the better and now i an sad at the newer update! Come on Nube you can do this! Sending you and Nube many hugs.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

Guest Chris_Byfield

Nube really seems to be having a rough day :( :( he won't (can't?) sit still, keeps getting up, moving around, laying in the dining room then coming back to his Snuggleball in the living room and his back end is really weak (he almost collapsed going out the back step to go outside :() and his back legs keep twitching (really hard, too). ARGH. :(

I'm a long time lurker, and almost never post. I keep coming back to your thread, and it's breaking my heart. I feel very bad for you and your impending loss of your precious Nube, But what about Nube? Am I the only one on this board wondering why you don't end his pain and suffering? If he were my boy, I would have sent him to the Rainbow Bridge, to be whole and pain free, and to wait for me there.

No critizen intended. I just feel so bad for all this boy has gone through and the suffering he is still enduring.

To Chris_Byfield--

Lots of dogs get a chance to have some good months with their families after an osteo diagnosis. It takes a combination of drugs and treatments to get things under control, and sometimes it takes time to find the right balance.

Nubie has had better days than today. And a weak back end and twitchy legs does not necessarily mean that he's in pain. Some of Nubie's reactions may have been to drugs and treatments rather than to pain, so that adjusting his treatments could make things better. His mom will do what needs to be done for him at the right time, and I don't think it's for us to question her decisions for her boy.

Kim--hugs and kisses to you and Nubie. Take care.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

I am sorry that he is having such a struggle. Hugs to you.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest Chris_Byfield

Is anyone really thinking about Nube here, or just trying to be kind to the OP?

I understand being kind to her, and I feel her pain. I have sent 10 of mine to the Bridge since Dec, 2010. It breaks my heart every time, but I still look in their eyes when they tell me they're ready to leave, and keep my promise to them that I won't ask them to stay past their time. I cry, I grieve, and I go on helping the others.

If Nube had any chance of recovering from this horrible disease, I would understand. I have spent more than my entire income in the past 2 years trying to save those I thought might have a chance.

Don't want to offend anyone, but every time I go to this thread I get so angry about what this poor, precious boy is being asked to endure.

That's one of the awful truths about osteo. One way or another, it always wins. Always.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest Chris_Byfield

Thanks, Robin. Looks like I'm the bad gut here, so I guess I'll go back to lurking, Still wishing the bes for Nube and his Mom.

Chris, none of us are there with Kim and Nube, and I don't believe anyone is in a position to tell her what the right decision is, or judge her for what she chooses for Nube. Obviously, you have the right to express your opinion, and it may be a valid one, but from her posts, I believe Kim is already aware of and very concerned by Nube's pain. Even if there is no chance of long term recovery, it is possible to achieve good quality time with pain management. There's nothing wrong with giving that a shot, and I'm sure that if it's looking like that will not be possible, Kim will make the right decision.

You mentioned that your dogs tell you when "they're ready to leave". Some dogs are not ready to leave even when they are in pain. We don't know what Nube is telling Kim right now. What I do know from reading her posts is that she loves her boy very much and I would want to give her support as she struggles with this, rather than criticizing her decisions. And I know you said you didn't intend to criticize, but that's the way your comments come across.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

Kim, I've been thinking of you and Nube as well---you are both in my prayers. I didn't put it together that he is the brother of Susan's Noelle till recently! She mentioned that she'd driven to see him with Noelle. I thought that was so wonderful. I know it was comforting to you, and Nube loved seeing his sister.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown