If You Can Spare A Good Thought For Nube.it's Osteo.xrays

Guest Noelle

Chris, it's not your business to attack Kim and Nube. If you don't like the thread, don't look at it. What you wrote is really unkind and rude. Just drop it and take care of your own dogs. Haven't you ever heard of minding your own business and not attacking people?

Nube's sister,

Noelle

Edited by Noelle

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone really thinking about Nube here, or just trying to be kind to the OP?

I understand being kind to her, and I feel her pain. I have sent 10 of mine to the Bridge since Dec, 2010. It breaks my heart every time, but I still look in their eyes when they tell me they're ready to leave, and keep my promise to them that I won't ask them to stay past their time. I cry, I grieve, and I go on helping the others.

If Nube had any chance of recovering from this horrible disease, I would understand. I have spent more than my entire income in the past 2 years trying to save those I thought might have a chance.

Don't want to offend anyone, but every time I go to this thread I get so angry about what this poor, precious boy is being asked to endure.

I'm sorry you've lost so many in such a short time. I know all of us here have felt the same pain. Hugs to you for your losses :(

and I know you meant well, but the words still stung badly. I would NEVER EVER put any baby of mine though something just to keep them around. If we had ANY idea that he was in that much pain he would be at the bridge now. It's hard to tell how much he's actually in, and neither of us think at all he is ready to go yet. He was bad after the treatment last week (for 2 days) and as bad as yesterday was, I'm sure it was from going through it. They have to put him under to do it, and that's a lot to go through for the treatment. I'm sure the back end weakness was from the anesthesia. His limp is pretty bad, but he's not ever yelped when doing things like getting up or walking, so that is why we are trying to make him feel better to buy a little more time. Yesterday was really bad, but if he has to go through 1 bad day to get many good days then I believe he is willing to do that -- as are we. If it EVER gets that bad we will absolutely let him go.

he seems MUCH better today -- sleeping quietly all morning and after lunch (which is when he has sometimes gotten restless)....even snuggled up with me on the floor this morning, putting his arm around me so I could give him "proper" belly scritches :)

thanks again for everyone's concern and prayers, he sure is loved :)

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Just checking in as I haven't been around much the last few days. Dealing with illness in any pet is a personal decision and I would never presume to pass judgement on anyone for the way they are dealing with it. We all do what we think is best for OUR pets and that's all anyone can ask. Glad to see that Nube is more comfortable today. Praying these treatments help him. A hug Kim, I know how hard this is for you.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I just snapped this -- what a silly boy he is. Thought it might lighten the mood :) He's obviously feeling a lot more comfortable today.

P1011407.jpg

P1011408-1.jpg

(you can see the shaved area on his right underarm, and the marks made with some kind of white paint stuff? guess that's to guide the radiation beam or something?)

this one just cuz he's such a cutie :kiss2

P1011393.jpg

and lastly, Daddy lovin on his Nuber Dubers :kiss2 from a few nights ago.

P1011401.jpg

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

So sweet. The expression on his face is like, mom, I was sleeping! He reminds me so much of my angel Andy.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Kim, thank you for the pics of Nube. It's great to see him and am glad he is feeling better today.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I just snapped this -- what a silly boy he is. Thought it might lighten the mood :) He's obviously feeling a lot more comfortable today.

P1011407.jpg

:beatheart :beatheart :beatheart

BTW, Joe started feeling much better after his second radiation treatment.

Jane

Sweet boy! So glad he seems to be feeling better. :beatheart

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Oh!!!!! Nube photos!!!!!! What a cutie! Love love love them! Hugs and nose kisses to you Nube! Such a cutie!

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

P1011407.jpg

P1011408-1.jpg

(you can see the shaved area on his right underarm, and the marks made with some kind of white paint stuff? guess that's to guide the radiation beam or something?)

this one just cuz he's such a cutie :kiss2

P1011393.jpg

and lastly, Daddy lovin on his Nuber Dubers :kiss2 from a few nights ago.

P1011401.jpg

Kim I woke up this morning at 2 am. I looked over and Havok was laying just like that. :lol:kiss2:bighug to Nube

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

P1011407.jpg

:beatheart :beatheart :beatheart

BTW, Joe started feeling much better after his second radiation treatment.

Jane

I was actually going to ask (a new thread) how long it took for some relief -- so this is good to know. I know I'm being impatient, I want him to be better NOW....but it's not like we have forever to get some relief, so it just can't come soon enough.

Bruce took him to his monthly chiro appointment (he's there now) -- it was supposed to be last Saturday but he wasn't in any shape to have it done. With all the back end weakness this week, I really think (hope!) it will help -- it's helped a lot in the past. I just hope the trip and treatment (he's all shaky now when he goes anywhere, from that bad vet visit in FL) doesn't hurt him any. Larry enjoyed his absence by mauling every stuffy he could get his mouth on and running up and down the stairs :rolleyes:

Will the chiropractor see Nube? Phene's refused to see him after he was diagnosed with osteo.

I'm so glad he is doing better. I have to selfishly admit, reading this thread brought back so much pain regarding Phene, but his improvement is fantastic.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

So glad to see Nube is feeling better. Those pictures are precious. :wub::grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Will the chiropractor see Nube? Phene's refused to see him after he was diagnosed with osteo.

I'm so glad he is doing better. I have to selfishly admit, reading this thread brought back so much pain regarding Phene, but his improvement is fantastic.

I'm sorry it's bringing back bad memories for you :( :( :(:grouphug

yes, she did his adjustment a little while ago. I'm surprised yours did that! Why in the world would he refuse? Nube's seeing Dr. Michelle Herlihy at Pawsatively Balanced in Downers Grove, she is great and so nice! I'm glad she is continuing to give him his treatments. She suggested cold laser (same thing we did on his foot last winter) but only in the final stages of osteo, for pain relief (I guess it's bad if you do it before that?).

I haven't really seen how he's walking today, I was half asleep (and washing the bowls) when Bruce took him out this morning, and was down with Larry playing stuffies (to keep him from knowing Nube was GOING FOR A RIDE :)) when they went to the chiro, so hopefully I'll see an improvement at lunch :)

I had an appointment with the chirpractor the same day I find out about Phene's osteo. We went in for his appointment and she sent us home. She was crying :cry1 Maybe she was afraid of hurting him? I am going to guess that he had osteo for quite a while as I sent him to the bridge a week later, and the chiropracter had been treating him for arthritis, which was what my vet kept saying he had until I insisted on x-rays.

Please don't feel bad that I feel bad. So many of us have been through this and it's painful whenever somebody else has to do the same.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I had an appointment with the chirpractor the same day I find out about Phene's osteo. We went in for his appointment and she sent us home. She was crying :cry1 Maybe she was afraid of hurting him? I am going to guess that he had osteo for quite a while as I sent him to the bridge a week later, and the chiropracter had been treating him for arthritis, which was what my vet kept saying he had until I insisted on x-rays.

Please don't feel bad that I feel bad. So many of us have been through this and it's painful whenever somebody else has to do the same.

I would guess that was why :(

and we're both kicking ourselves for not getting the x-rays done when he first started limping (6/24) -- we would be 2 weeks farther in treatment :( Our vet thought it was arthritis too...we should have known better. We hoped it was arthritis too and if they hadn't had to put him under for the x-rays we would have done them that day. Still wish we had :(

Checking in, and hoping along with you that the chiro helps him today!

Would the chiro maybe have been afraid of breaking bones that were affected with osteo, maybe in places it hadn't been detected yet?

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

She suggested cold laser (same thing we did on his foot last winter) but only in the final stages of osteo, for pain relief (I guess it's bad if you do it before that?).

Since cold laser therapy stimulates and increases blood flow to the area, there is some concern about it possibly inducing the cancer to grow faster. Since laser therapy is still pretty new, I'm not sure if there's any solid info on this either way.

And I know it's always easy to look back and second guess the decisions you made, but keep in mind that you made the best choices you could at the time, given the information you had then. Continuing to send good thoughts to both you and Nube!

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

Hugs to you and Nube! Hope it is going well :)

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

I would guess that was why :(

and we're both kicking ourselves for not getting the x-rays done when he first started limping (6/24) -- we would be 2 weeks farther in treatment :( Our vet thought it was arthritis too...we should have known better. We hoped it was arthritis too and if they hadn't had to put him under for the x-rays we would have done them that day. Still wish we had :(

Kim, we could beat ourselves up for that, but we do the best we can :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg

Hope you and your boy are holding your own today. Please give Nube some scritchies from me.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.