If You Can Spare A Good Thought For Nube.it's Osteo.xrays

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest patterpaws

So glad to hear that Nube is hanging in there! I'm sorry for being absent lately, but I have been keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Yay Nube, keep it up!!! :banana

Good going Nube!!! Keep it up buddy!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Yay!!!!!! Go Nubers!!!!! I hope he keeps on the up and up. You had me laughing at the pee cup and gave me a hilarious visual. Thank you for that laugh. I will remember that contraption should I ever need it with any other furkid.

Hugs to you and nose kisses for Nube and Larry.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

If someone hasn't mentioned it, a good way to get rid of the "toxic pee" is just to run the hose or pour water on the spot where he pees. It will dilute the drug residue and/or drive it into the ground.

BTW, 25 mgs is a small dose. IIRC, Cosmo was getting 50 mgs when she was being treated for lymphoma.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

I'm glad Nube hasn't seemed to have any side effects from the cytoxan. I think the discrepancy in dosages is that I'm used to it in context of a metronomic protocol, not trying to stave off an active tumor. It certainly makes sense that Nube's dose would be higher.

I hope you can find some good pill trick for him. I am so lucky. I barely have to cover meds for Twiggy (even tramadol which is supposed to be quite icky tasting).

Sounds like you have a great outing lined up for tomorrow - have a wonderful time!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

I was just going to say exactly as Wendy stated above...Pinky's cytoxan dose is like 8 mg I think...but again...metronomic protocol vs. oral chemo in place of IV chemo. Totally different ballgame. I do hope that it doesn't hurt his appetite though. BTW Pinky weighs about 54 lbs.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I continue to keep you and Nubers in my thoughts. It's nice to see the good update. I hope you all have a good weekend. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I hope you can find some good pill trick for him. I am so lucky. I barely have to cover meds for Twiggy (even tramadol which is supposed to be quite icky tasting).

Sounds like you have a great outing lined up for tomorrow - have a wonderful time!

he used to just take all his pills in his food with no problem, but the Tramadol must taste so bad he won't eat his food if they're in there. He still gets the Rimadyl and his vitamin tablets (and fish and flax oil capsules) in the food but those must taste ok.

we ended up having to cancel having Susan come down, with all the issues with Larry right now having 2 more dogs would not make it better (unless it's truly an emotional issue, then they might have helped -- but we still don't know) :(

he's hanging in there. He didn't want to eat his lunch at first, which scared the crap out of us, because he's NEVER EVER refused a meal -- EVER. But I poured some of the water out of the bowl and he finally did eat it. I'll make sure I put less in from now on, but if he snubs a meal again it's bye-bye chemo. I don't want him to lose the last thing he enjoys. :(

thanks again for checking in!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Glad to hear he's still enjoying his meals. Tramadol must taste really bad because I can't even fool my hounds will Pill Pockets, marshmallows or even peanut butter sandwich if it has tramadol in it.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Hope Nube is doing okay. You're both still in out thoughts daily.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

hi guys --

got back from the oncologist a bit ago -- his blood work is great so we're continuing the cytoxan (now to be given T/T/S) and she added Palladia too (80 mg on M/W/F). I thought they were just going to draw blood but they did a quick exam too and the whole thing took over an hour, with Nube standing (I'm sure) the whole time, so it may take a bit to recoup. :( But he's doing good, still limping but also still no yipes when he uses the leg so I'm taking that as a good sign. :)

he's snoozing comfortably now on his Snuggleball, I'm sure he's exhausted. :nappy

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Checking in on Nube. As long as I wrap pills in coldcuts, or shove them into a hunk of hotdog or cream cheese, both of mine scarf them down without much chewing.

Glad to hear the vet visit went well.

Theresa (Tess)

Mom to Elliott (Sol Flasher) and Lea (PTL Lea)

Checking in Nube and you.... Hope all is well and I havent missed anything!

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.