If You Can Spare A Good Thought For Nube.it's Osteo.xrays

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending prayers for Nube .... I hope he will bounce back from this and you will be able to have some more quality time together.

With the hounds I have had with Osteo - scrambled eggs (w/ cheese in it) kept them eating when nothing else would. It is so frustrating when they won't eat, as they need their energy to fight the cancer. :grouphug

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

I am sorry to hear this news, Kim. I know how hard it is to have that helpless, frustrating feeling, when you just don't know what to do to help.

Many hugs and prayers to all of you.

Wanda, with the DC Racing Kids,

Eric ( DNT Finbarclancy )  6/29/14    Maggie ( DNT Oh Maggie ) 6/29/14

Lorraine ( DC Don't Rainonme ) 3/15/08 - 4/9/20 ---  Suzie ( DC Lazy Susan ) 3/12/06 - 9/4/18 --- Stormy ( DC Major Storm ) 11/29/99 - 1/21/12 ---- Andy ( Andy's Alibi ) 1/23/99 - 12/30/11

I'm sorry to hear the update. Chemo can also damage kidneys. When Dima was diagnosed with a second OS leg, we couldn't give her anymore time because the pain meds were bad for her kidneys and she was also in kidney failure at the same time. I had to let her go on the xray table.

I'm sorry for the bad news. {{{{{{{{{Nubers}}}}}} {{{{{{{{{Kim}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I'm hoping he still has some quality time and this is just a little bump in the road. How sad to be experiencing this now.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

We spent the night at the e-vet up in Buffalo Grove last night.

His behavior was so bad yesterday Bruce came home early at 2pm (Nube did finally fall asleep around 1:30pm and was still sleeping when Bruce got home, and continued to for another hour or so). Bruce took him out around 4pm and he just plopped on the bed, so we sat outside with him for close to an hour (he seemed to be doing better, not doing the wacky wandering). Then we tried to feed him dinner. He now has ZERO interest in any food. He will take a treat most of the time. He let me hand-feed a few pieces of chicken again but that was it. By 7:45pm Bruce went to the store to get some Immodium and Pepto tablets (he wouldn’t take the liquid mixed with anything) because at this point, we didn’t know if he was in distress from the diarrhea or WHAT. While he was doing that, Nube was in such distress and crying/whining I called him and he came back and we took him up to the e-vet. :( They ended up giving him some fluids (some IV, most Sub-q) and some injectable Flagyl (for the diarrhea) and Cerenia (for vomiting, which he really didn't have). He was good there -- he is SUCH A GOOD BOY --- and when we got home around 1:30am he did go to sleep. But he was up at 4:15am again, doing the wandering thing for close to 45 minutes (he did poop just a tiny bit). He is limping very, very badly again now because he was up and wandering for so long yesterday :(

When we finally got him to lay down again it was clear there is something WAY more going on than just “diarrhea” – we probably should have had an x-ray taken or something, I don’t know. He is clearly not happy, is feeling very badly, and has now lost the one last thing he loved best – food.

This morning we had planned to see how he did today – he’s been sleeping all morning and afternoon, but it's not even his "normal" sleeping, where he'd get up occasionally and nest -- it's almost like he's dying, I don't know how to describe it :( – if he still is not eating and in such distress, we would be letting him go. This is SO hard because we don’t know what is going on…is he just feeling that lousy from the tummy upset? Is there something way worse wrong now, kidney failure, more cancer inside? Has it affected his brain now too? I don’t want to let him go if there’s a chance it’s not something that can be fixed, but HOW DO YOU KNOW?

All I do know is that I do not want him to continue to decline and then wish we had done it today. The fact that he is not interested in eating is the very worst part. That’s the last thing he had. He refused everything I offered for lunch (kibble, cottage cheese, pumpkin, green beans, Hill's I/D, my home cooked) but did eat a small amount of cooked chicken from his Slumberball and a few treats. He is very lethargic and the "spark" is gone out of his eyes :cry1

I talked to the oncologist a little while ago and she suspects something else is going wrong :( we decided, if he still eats and drinks even some, to see if there's ANY improvement and if not, we'll bring him in on Saturday for an ultrasound. I have a very bad feeling there is something wrong. If there is, I guess at least we will know we would be doing the right thing :(

Sorry this is so long. I haven’t gotten more than 4 hours sleep in the last 2 days.

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Hugs and I don't know what to say. I am praying for Nuber and you and Bruce. I think maybe sometimes things are so out of control and confusing and terrible all at the same time- and we seem powerless to fix any of it -that all you can do is be still and love and trust and pray. Hang in there. Anything I can do just let me know.

{{{{{{{{{{Kim & Bruce & sweet Nubers}}}}}}}}}}

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

(((((HUGS)))) for all of you. I am so sorry. Sending you lots of strength and love. Smoochies for Nube.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

I am so very sorry. I so hope he is able to get comfortable and you can get some rest. You are in my thoughts.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow