If You Can Spare A Good Thought For Nube.it's Osteo.xrays

I personally feel it is much better to let them go one day too early than several days too late.

This was wisdom I kept close to me as we said goodbye to Macho. Wise wise words.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally feel it is much better to let them go one day too early than several days too late.

This was wisdom I kept close to me as we said goodbye to Macho. Wise wise words.

I agree :bighug :bighug :bighug

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

I am so sorry. I don't have words. :candle

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

When Sutra was having Palladia treatments and getting Deramaxx, he had a VERY nasty bout with hemorrhagic gastroenteritis. He was in the hospital for a couple of nights and when he came home he looked like holy hell for a day or so, like a zombie, his eyes told me he was VERY tired. I had to syringe feed him mashed potatoes mixed with Ensure. When they're not eating it becomes hard for them to start eating again...almost like they need a little primer in their tummy to make it realize it needs to get back to work. He did end up rebounding and doing well for a couple of months after that.

It's so hard to know whether to press on and hope for improvement, or to call it before it gets worse. It's a very wavy line that really only you can walk. In the end you know him best, you have to make a decision that you will be at peace with.

I write this with tears in my eyes, still missing Sutra now almost 2 years after he left me, still fighting for Pinky's life, and now terrified for Fritz as he started limping today...nothing about this is right or fair in any way. :grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I write this with tears in my eyes, still missing Sutra now almost 2 years after he left me, still fighting for Pinky's life, and now terrified for Fritz as he started limping today...nothing about this is right or fair in any way. :grouphug

Oh no! ((((hugs)))) send you a TON of positive vibes that Fritz is okay!! May it not be what we fear and just something minor and that quickly heals.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)

he (and we all, in the living room) slept well last night. My sister and husband came over last night and we all sat outside for quite a while and he seemed to enjoy that.

knock on wood, no diarrhea since early yesterday morning, but he hasn't eaten much at all so not sure if that's a good thing. He is still extremely lethargic (even for him) but he just went out and peed ok. His back end is SO bad he can barely get up off the bed -- he has a chiro adjustment set for tomorrow and the chiro said he shouldn't get an adjustment if he's feeling so bad, but I want him to get it because it's probably part of what is making him feel so bad. He seems very depressed too, which is as troubling as the lack of appetite :(

the plan right now is to go to the chiro at 9:30am and depending on how he eats today and tomorrow morning, go up to get the ultrasound done. We have a re-check on Tuesday so if he doesn't seem to be any worse, we can have the US done that day. I want to have one done, more for the peace of mind (well, it won't do that but at least we'll know if something else should be taken into consideration to make our decision).

we had pizza last night and we've always saved a lot of crust ends for the boyz (they know the word "pizza crust" REALLY well) and I put some on a scoop of kibble this morning (he would have normally gotten 2 scoops in the past) and he ate ALL but one piece of the kibble :) it's one of the best times he's eaten in 9 days. KNOCK ON WOOD. If by some miracle he starts to eat a lot better, we're still going to not give the chemo anymore.

just taking it day by day.

thanks to everyone for the good thoughts and prayers. I know you all have been through this one way or another and I know you know what a roller coaster ride this is :( and I hate roller coasters.

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Glad to see he ate! Funny how just getting them to eat makes us feel a lot better. Hoping for more good days ahead.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm so glad he ate! Thank you for the update. Hope its back on the up and up from here. I too dislike roller coasters, especially this kind.

he ate maybe a scoop of kibble (he had 2 in the bowl), a small amount of chicken and more pizza crust...but now it looks like his abdomen is swollen, and it's like "spasming" and twitching???? I called our regular vet to see if we could get him in tonite for an ultrasound and that's too late, he's going to see if he can come out here and check him out and do the ultrasound in the home here. He has 2 other US to do at the clinic and has to leave by 4pm so it will depend on how those go. He initially said if it was bloat (which I don't think, no other symptoms) or fluid, he would rather we went to the specialty place because if surgery was required, he wasn't comfortable doing it since Nube is doing so poorly. I told him that if he requires surgery, we wouldn't be doing it and would be letting him go instead. Waiting to hear back.

if he can't come out then we will take him up there tonite if he still is swollen. We're planning on doing it tomorrow if not.

he has been extremely lethargic since yesterday, his back end is SO weak he can barely get up and he has not pooped since a tiny amount yesterday morning.

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm so glad he's started to eat a bit more.

I really believe there is a good chance that most of his troubles are side effects from medication. (I thought I was days away from making that decision for Twiggy about a month ago, now she is right as rain again).

Hopefully he will feel well enough to go to the chiro tomorrow. That should help, too.

Sending good-eating thoughts for Nube! :chow

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Good thoughts for Nube.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

well, the abdomen stopped "twitching" (it was really weird -- it was really going nuts???) and it doesn't seem to be swollen as much (hard to tell). Never heard back from our regular vet, and I called the specialty clinic and their ultrasound person(s) leave at 5 so if we took him up there, they wouldn't be able to do it till tomorrow anyway, so we're just going to wait and go tomorrow (unless something else happens).

here's a video I took of his belly "spasming" -- it was bizzare. If I put my hand on it, it felt like when your own muscle spasms, but super fast and hard. It went on fo at least 2 hours.

http://s7.photobucke...nt=IMG_0423.mp4

Kim, you must have been posting while I was writing. I'm sorry, my post sounds pretty insensitive following his newest issue (and I'm not sure how it took my 9 minutes to type out that post!).

I watched the video. Was his belly twitching as much as well? The video seemed to show his chest area twitching (unless I'm inverting things in my head).

Whatever it was, I'm glad it stopped, and hope it doesn't come back!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Nube is with Rainey now.

thanks to everyone for all their prayers, good thoughts, help and most of all, support. I don't think we could have gotten through this without it.

I'll post a rememberance when I can.

Guest patterpaws

Oh no.... I'm so sorry... at a loss for words... Nube... run free sweet boy. :f_red:gh_run:f_red:candle :candle :candle:sad1 :sad1 :weep :weep :weep:angelwings

I'm so so so so so sorry Kim. You really did all you could for Nube, he was a very lucky boy to have such a wonderful, loving home.

I wish there was more to say. Sending huge hugs to you. My heart is aching for you. :brokenheart:grouphug