Lost Our Whippet Jasmine

Guest cabrerad

I am so very sorry for the sudden an unexpected loss of your Jasmine.

:bighug

Run free Jasmine.....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest cabrerad

Thank you for all of the kind words. Our hearts are broken, but it helps a lot to hear from all of you. Please do hug all of your hounds for us! I attached a picture of her running, which she obviously loved to do.jasmine-run.jpg

David

I'm so very sorry for your heartbreaking loss. I wish you & your family peace & strength. Godspeed Jasmine! f_yellow

Edited by sweetdogs

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I am so sorry for your tragic loss of Jasmine.

Our whippet passed away 3 years ago, and I know how special they are.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

What a beautiful little girl. I'm so sorry you had to lose her. My heart breaks for you.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest cabrerad

Thanks so much again everyone! It really does help. Jasmine's breeder, Timbreblue Whippets, sent us a yellow rose plant to remember her by. So very nice of them.

David

I'm so very sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

• 11 years later...

Hi. This is an old thread and this will sound crazy, but I am the pet sitter from this story. After it happened, I had to stop working as a pet sitter because I had become so nervous and jumpy with dogs that I couldn't do it anymore.

There is an amazing part of this story; after Jasmine got out at the car struck her (they didn't even stop...) I grabbed her and held her, but then she got out of my arms again and kept running. We looked for a long time. A neighbor, who was also a customer, helped as well. She was an amazing help, driving up and down the main road there. 

We gave up looking, but I started calling vets in the area. Somehow, a stranger found her and dropped her off at a local emergency vet, no name left behind. I visited her, she was happy to see me. Despite how horrible it was, it was absolutely a miracle that someone found her. I am so thankful for that person's help.

I moved from that area but ended up buying a place there in 2022. I think about Jasmine almost every day. I will never get over the horror of that day, the blessings of the stranger, and the pain, guilt and shame I felt in my heart for what happened. I have never been the same since.

It's hard to heal. I can't believe that a random Google search actually found the exact story that weighs on my shoulders daily. 

-Mary

21 minutes ago, ecoboostblues said:

Hi. This is an old thread and this will sound crazy, but I am the pet sitter from this story. After it happened, I had to stop working as a pet sitter because I had become so nervous and jumpy with dogs that I couldn't do it anymore.

There is an amazing part of this story; after Jasmine got out at the car struck her (they didn't even stop...) I grabbed her and held her, but then she got out of my arms again and kept running. We looked for a long time. A neighbor, who was also a customer, helped as well. She was an amazing help, driving up and down the main road there. 

We gave up looking, but I started calling vets in the area. Somehow, a stranger found her and dropped her off at a local emergency vet, no name left behind. I visited her, she was happy to see me. Despite how horrible it was, it was absolutely a miracle that someone found her. I am so thankful for that person's help.

I moved from that area but ended up buying a place there in 2022. I think about Jasmine almost every day. I will never get over the horror of that day, the blessings of the stranger, and the pain, guilt and shame I felt in my heart for what happened. I have never been the same since.

It's hard to heal. I can't believe that a random Google search actually found the exact story that weighs on my shoulders daily. 

-Mary

There's so much sorrow on both sides of this situation. I know many of us here have had a slip-up with one of our dogs and only by sheer luck didn't have it turn out tragically. We all do our best, but accidents can and do happen. We're only human. I'm sorry for your struggles and I hope you will extend yourself some grace and be able to heal in time. :heart 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

3 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

There's so much sorrow on both sides of this situation. I know many of us here have had a slip-up with one of our dogs and only by sheer luck didn't have it turn out tragically. We all do our best, but accidents can and do happen. We're only human. I'm sorry for your struggles and I hope you will extend yourself some grace and be able to heal in time. :heart 

This. Exactly this. 

:bighug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

On 11/1/2023 at 6:42 PM, ramonaghan said:

I agree with Jan: Exactly this. :grouphug 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)