Jack - Two Year Anniversary

mychip1

Two years ago today, after an 18 hour battle to survive post-surgical complications, I lost my Jack. Many of you have heard his story.....

He was a troubled soul who had finally begun to relax and enjoy life - and understand what true happiness really was. Perhaps that's what makes me most sad - that he didn't have more time to enjoy that feeling.

So many of you here on GT were so good to me when it happened. In fact, that was when I first joined....I had read in passing, but never participated...and I was so overwhelmed by the caring and compassion, that I never left....THANK YOU TO ALL MY FRIENDS HERE!!!!

Not a day goes by that he does go through my mind and heart.

Just recently I had a dream about him. I kept trying to let him out in some yard (in the dream it seemed like it was where I lived, but it doesn't look like my real yard)....but each time I let him out a wolf was there....just watching. And each time, the wolf had actually moved closer. By the end of the dream, Jack was nowhere to be seen and the wolf was walking by my side like he was my dog. And when I looked down at him, he looked up at me with the same expression that our hounds use when they give us that loving/bonded look. It was if the wolf was now mine.....

I posted this dream in another thread and received such beautiful responses and thoughts as to meaning.....perhaps my boy was sending me a message that the wolf came and took him physically, but that spiritually, he is always with me.

The link below is a collection of pics by a photographer friend that I hired when I wanted to get a large photo of Jack and me to give to DH. I purchased several of these...and probably will eventually get a few more.

http://www.shutterfly.com/progal/album.jsp?aid=768a5498cf3c84bb15c8&re=slideshow

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I don't know the story of Jack, but I am sorry he had to leave you.He sure was a handsome guy. I love the story of your dream, and believe Jack is still very much with you. I think when a dog touches our heart with so much love....they are with us forever.

o888p2.jpg

Nancy~Mom to Wizard July 9, 2006 and Lexie June 25, 2009

Always in my heart, my goofy boy Sarge 8-25-04....5-17-11

I'm so sorry. I lost my Jack one year ago today. It is definitely a sad day. :grouphug My thoughts are with you.

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

Beautiful pictures, Robin, and of course he's still with you. Love like that doesn't just fade away.

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Robin, the special ones always leave an indelible imprint. Perhaps the wolf was Jack's spirit, returning to tell you he was OK?

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Jack will always be in your heart. The photos are beautiful, Robin, and clearly show the love you had for each other. I was told me that missing someone is a way of keeping them with us, even when they are not.

:grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

What words do I say to you to make you feel better? There arent any to sooth the pain of the loss of your Jack :bighug to your Robin .

Caroline

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Robin, he will always be with you.

I don't think we ever "get over" the loss of one of our companions and it is only other true dog lovers that would understand how you feel on the anniversary of Jack's leaving. Thank doG there is GT - just like you I was a lurker for a long time before I joined. It was actually the outpouring of love, support and compassion when another Jack left that moved me to join. There is no place like this GT community.

I know your totem is the moose, but remember that other totems will appear when you need them. Native lore says that if you see a wolf in your dream it is guiding you to return to your pack to serve as a teacher, guide and healer. I think Jack was sending you a message that he is fine, and that there are others that need your guidance.

Edited by djsgreys

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Robin, wished I would have met Jack. His loss was devastating and losing a pup that way makes an indelible mark. He was a very special boy and always will be. I need to send you back his PJ's as they arrived a day or two after Charlie passed and he never did get to use them. it was a wonderful gift but heartbreaking at the same time but I know they should be back with you as they are a piece of Jack.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so sorry. I lost my Jack one year ago today. It is definitely a sad day. :grouphug My thoughts are with you.

I am so sorry for your Jack, too....

Robin, he will always be with you.

I don't think we ever "get over" the loss of one of our companions and it is only other true dog lovers that would understand how you feel on the anniversary of Jack's leaving. Thank doG there is GT - just like you I was a lurker for a long time before I joined. It was actually the outpouring of love, support and compassion when another Jack left that moved me to join. There is no place like this GT community.

I know your totem is the moose, but remember that other totems will appear when you need them. Native lore says that if you see a wolf in your dream it is guiding you to return to your pack to serve as a teacher, guide and healer. I think Jack was sending you a message that he is fine, and that there are others that need your guidance.

That really is an amazing interpretation, given how once Jack was no longer in the dream, the wolf moved to my side and kept looking up at me as a dog does when he is communicating with you.....I do believe that he would want me to lavish my boys with love and attention and to show them the wonderful world of retirement.

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge

Thinking of you and your boys Robin around this sad anniversary time losing your beloved Jack.....

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

I have to say djsgreys post really resonated with me. I believe djsgreys is spot on. Even the Bible says to listen to the aniimals and they will tell you (Job 12:7). Jack didn't die. Only his body did. The Jack that loved you is spirit andwillbe with you always. Your mind might not be able to explain but you do recognize Jack because everything is energy and you know his energy. The heart knows things the mind can't understand. :grouphug

I remember that day two years ago and I remember your anguish. Deb is right.............Jack would want you to go on and give that special loving care to other hounds who make their way to you for their own reasons.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I was so surprised to see the two year anniversary -- it so does not seem like two years. The tragedy of Jack's death was how I feel we met you -- and I think you've been giving back to this community ever since then Robin.

I really like that interpretation of your dream too -- I think your giving back and being a teacher goes beyond your two boys, though it includes them too.

I also think that the first part of the dream means that Jack wanted you to be sure that he had tried not to go, that he hadn't wanted to leave you (your going to the door but the wolf is still there and getting closer) -- but that it is important to him that you know he remains with you to watch over you and the boys.

That's very moving. It reminds me of dreams I had for years after Harley left. I'm sorry you lost Jack when you did, but I really appreciate all the compassion and kindness you show others every day on this forum (and in rl).

Thanks, so much to all of you for the supportive words.

Carla....finding all of you (both here on GT) and in RI has been a silver lining to Jack's loss....

We are so blessed to be part of these hounds' worlds....