Officially Introducing Lucas

Hello everyone, it's been a while!

Michael and I have just returned from a trip to Europe to look after some family things. When we knew that we were going to go, a few of months ago, we looked into bringing another Spanish Galgo back with us.

He's been semi-introduced by RobinW and JackieDog, but let us officially introduce you to Lucas- a very small, tiny almost (~42 lb, 23 inches tall), little male galgo, red brindle with lots of white, super sociable and super smart. It amazed me that he had been in the shelter in Spain for 10 months before he came to us, IMO only because the huge overabundance of dogs/galgos there. We chose him out of the many others only because his size was listed in his bio- we had to take into account transporting him in the plane over the ocean.

Without further ado- here are a couple of pics of Lucas, from the Dutch adoption site we adopted him through (same group that Marco came through):

1818_007.jpg

1818_001.jpg

1818_005.jpg

More pictures will be posted as I download them from our camera.

He is so small that he can walk under Ambi's tuck.

Tin, Michael, and the zoo: Tosca, Diego, Master, Marco, Ambi and Lucas

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

My gosh, I didn't know they came that small...thoughts going through my head: "We need a pick up for when we go motorcycle racing, but the back seats of the pick up won't fit 2 greyhounds very comfortably, hmmm...maybe a whippet? Nah, I don't feel right "buying" a dog. HMMM...maybe a galgo?! Man, that's probably about the same price going to get one in Spain, as purchasing a whippet from a breeder here in Ontario...ruh roh!" :lol

He is adorable! Look at his little cone head :wub:

Greyhound Collars : www.collartown.ca

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg

There he is!!! My little, sweet Lucas!!!! Make sure all your doors and windows are locked; he's a smart one!

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Congratulations! Are all Galgos little houdinis? :)

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Lukas is so handsome. Enjoy your precious gift.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

Aaaaawwww! :wub: Congratulations!!! Welcome, Lucas! :kiss2:yay

He is beautiful :wub: Lokking forward to many more pictures in the coming weeks, months and years! :colgate (no pressure :lol )

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest DragonflyDM

Congrats!

How hard is it to bring a galgo back? No quarantine? Special paperwork? Special flight arrangements?

Congrats!

How hard is it to bring a galgo back? No quarantine? Special paperwork? Special flight arrangements?

Thanks everyone! Lucas sure is a special little guy, and so very happy! It took him no time at all to adjust. RobinW knows as he stayed with her for about a week when she was at FBM in Spain last month!

DragonFly, Lucas was brought over to Holland a few weeks ago with a haul of Galgos that the Dutch group, GRH was bringing in, so we took him from Holland. But, from either Holland or Spain, no quarantine is needed. Special paperwork: Lucas came with his doggie Passport (yes, a real passport) that had all the shots, medical exams etc. listed in it. Rabies was the most important to get him into Canada and was the only thing we were asked about. He had a medical done in the last week in Holland and the vet gave us a medical declaration, but we did that as a precaution. We did arrange with the KLM that we flew with to make sure that they had room for his crate in the cargo hold. We did that a couple of months prior and then confirmed about 5 days prior that they were still expecting us to take a dog along. (Good thing we reconfirmed, as 2 months ago there was a booboo made and the info did not totally get entered into the computer). It cost us 200 euros to have Lucas fly on the same plane with us as extra luggage. This did not include the cost of the crate and of course the actual adoption cost.

Hope that helps you a bit!

Tin

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Guest zombrie

My goodness is that boy handsome or what?!?! Congrats!!

I'd love to have a galgo someday, if I can ever afford to bring one over :lol

200€? That's pretty good! It cost $270CDN to fly Iker home, plus Lufthansa charged me an extra 330€, which they have since refunded.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

:yay :yay :yay

Congratulations, glad all went well :)

KLM is pretty good as far as flying pets goes. Lehto came over with them also.

GRH is pretty thorough and a good group to work with.

Ca't believe he is smaller than Lehto :blink:

Edited by galgomum

He's incredibly cute. :wub:

Congratulations!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)