Zoo Blah Dee Aka Little Girl

RobinM

Zoo blah Dee came to me as my consolation prize after losing her half brother to the deadly FIP disease at 22 months old. Zoobie had been returned to the breeder because, although she had the perfect markings of an AKC Birman cat for show, she was a little girl, too small for showing. The first time I saw Little Girl and that pink nose I squealed at how cute she was. There were no words to describe the sweetness of her face and those crystal marble eyes. She was the sweetest fragile rose petal. She was loved by Yoshi (her half brother and the full brother of the one who died) and she saved his life, as Yoshi had gone into a severe depression and had been hiding for about 6 weeks, until Little Girl appeared and brought him back out. She was not so loved by Belle (our bully Russian Blue rescue) who tried to beat her up at any opportunity.  Zoobie loved the greyhounds and trusted them, weaving herself in and out of their legs for affection. We never called her zoobie, she was always Little Girl. Little was the definition of a scaredy cat. She spent most of her life in hiding, coming out for food and in the middle of the night to scream in our faces in bed that she wanted ear scritches. And when she screamed, usually around 2 or 3 in the morning, once we were asleep, it was loud and relentless. While we hated it and often pushed her away, oh what we wouldn't do now to hear her screaming for attention one more time. About 3 weeks ago I noticed she was spending more time sitting out in the open and was up on the counter a lot. When I picked her up I was stunned at the amount of weight she had lost. She was a tiny little girl weighing only about 7 pounds soaking wet at her at her healthiest. I made a vet appointment for that weekend, however the next night I found a puddle of fresh blood which she had vomited, and took her right in. The vet could feel the mass in her lower body. We were hoping that if it were cancer that it would be operable, but when they opened her up the next morning it was her stomach and had started to spread to her intestines. She was down to 5 pounds. I couldn't see putting her through 25 weeks of chemo considering how frail she was. Following her surgery Zubbie found a new place to hide so I built her a nest in the grandchildren's bedroom closet. She ate a bit and would come out for attention a bit and stayed to herself a lot, as usual. When she came out we loved her to pieces and when I brought some new toys home she played. The biopsy came back lymphosarcoma and it was an aggressive stage. We opted for prednezone and if she did well, possibly a few chemo treatments further down the road, but that was not meant to be. We were supposed to guest speak at GIG today and boarded Little Girl, which we never had done before, always leaving our cats at home when we were away. I felt horribly guilty dropping her off on thursday. I received an email from my vet that night at 11pm just letting me know that Little Girl had a good day, was eating well and looked good. As happy as I was to read that I had a lingering fear that this was the beginning of the end. Early this morning my vet called to tell me that Little Girl did not look good at all. She was retreating to the tent in the crate with her face to the back. She was hooked  up to an IV to keep her hydrated, even though she was not dehydrated at all. She hoped she would bounce back. I told her we would do the seminar at 2 and head right back. She said she would meet us there after hours when we got back so we could take her home. No sooner than when I hung up I realized I could not do the seminar and immediately called the vet back to say I was heading right home. She told me that she was just about to call me back. That Little Girl really didn't look well and she was afraid she wouldn't make it til I arrived back home. I told her we were packing and would be on our way. Less than 10 minutes later she called back. When I answered the phone she started crying and said "I'm so sorry..." I have such regret for not being there, for letting her die alone in a strange place.  We knew it was coming but didn't want to believe it could happen so soon. We never would have gone to GIG had we thought it possible. My vet has tried to assure me that cats are very different than dogs. That when it is their time they want to isolate and be alone, which is why she retreated into the tent. Though she did not put forth the largest presence you knew when she was not around and she will be sorely missed. There were just certain times when we expected to see Little Girl and knowing it is never again to be leaves a large hole in my heart. She was our Little Girl and we miss her. Rest easy my princess we will always love you

run053.jpg

DSC_0078-2.jpg

For any GIG goers who had thought they might see our speaking engagement, we apologize. I couldn't bear to make her wait at the vet until Monday. We buried her in our backyard.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm so sorry Robin. She was beautiful.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Awwww....

So sorry for the loss of your beauty.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest IrskasMom

Robin , first of all .... I am so, so sorry :f_pink .Yes , I was looking forward to finaly meeting you and was looking for you , when I ran into Nancy ( Freddysgirl) and she told me the sad Story about your beautiful Kitty. I am so sorry. :grouphug

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a pretty little sweetie she was. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

What a beautiful "Little Girl". I am so sorry for your loss. Your vet is right that cats are very different than dogs. My best friend just lost her kitty who hid in the closet until just before the end and when she was ready she came out and laid where they could find her. :(

Sending hugs and prayers.

june

We heard your seminar was canceled today due to an emergency. I'm so sorry for the loss of your Little Girl. She was a beautiful and much loved kitty. (((HUGS))) to you, Rich and the entire gang.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

I am so sorry, Robin. No matter their size, they still leave huge holes in our hearts. She was beautiful...............................you can see the sweetness in her eyes. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'd been rooting for her too.

Godspeed, sweet pea.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 She was much too young and far too precious to have to leave.

Godspeed Little Girl.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. Little Girl was beautiful and taken much too soon. Godspeed precious.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful kitteh. Godspeed Little Girl! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Robin, I am very sorry for the loss of your little girl.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.