Please Read This

calif_chaz

So many of you were kind to read my posting of Maggie's passing and to offer support. I truly appreciate that. I am concentrating on all the great memories of her personality instead of her traumatic passing, and I hope I can leave you with those too. She would like that. Maggie was a farm dog and came to us at 3, rough around the edges, but over time blossomed into an awesome dog. She never walked when she could run. She carried a stuffie outside with her every morning until we picked up a collection of them for the washer. When she was delighted with any of the things she loved, a walk, a ride, company, meals, treats, whatever, she would pounce on a stuffie and thrash around with it showing just how exciting everything was. She "created" her own race track in the back yard, dug the deepest holes I have ever seen in the "dog's" flower beds, digging with such ferocious intensenity that dirt flew everywhere. She never rooed with other greys, but when we sang, especially her very favorite song "Happy Birthday", she joined right in all the way to the end. She went camping with us over these several years and became quite the traveler~~Maine, Vermont, Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, Williamsburg, and Grapehounds at the Finger Lakes. She always had a wagging tail for all the people we met, the dogs not so much. She was the personality of the house, the clock watcher, the one to announce it was time to walk, eat or get up in the morning. She loved tomatoes and we always planted a cherry tomato bush for her on the deck where she would very gently pluck a few off every day. She was our squirrel chaser, our guardian of the street in front of the house (self-appointed!). She loved a good dish-washer. I guess when I read this back I see what it really was about her was that she loved life. She flew at it, pranced around it and savored every minute of it. I thought this week that the house was so quiet, but then she wasn't noisy, and when I thought more on it I realized what it was~the house is still without her, without all that movement that made us all feel that enjoyment of life.

You've painted such a vivid portrait of a hound her loved her life and loved her people. I can just begin to imagine the voide she must've left.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I guess when I read this back I see what it really was about her was that she loved life. She flew at it, pranced around it and savored every minute of it.

I loved these sentences. How lucky Maggie was to have a momma who gave her the chance to love life. I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

What Tricia said. You gave Maggie the opportunity to be herself and she ran with it and you went with her. What more could any loved hound wish for? :grouphug

Maggie had her own tomato plant :wub:

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

May those wonderful memories of your beloved Maggie warm your heart and soul forever. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

What a lovely tribute....

The image of her "gently plucking" a few cherry tomatoes just made my heart melt.....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

What a lovely tribute....

The image of her "gently plucking" a few cherry tomatoes just made my heart melt.....

I might have to get a potted cherry tomato plant for this reason.

Maggie was a special girl, this is evident from your lovely tribute.

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.

What a lovely tribute to your sweet Maggie.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Thank you so much for posting about your girl's life with you. She sounds like a character indeed, and how sweet that her people aided and abetted her with tomato plants and such.

May your heart and home heal, and may your sweet Maggie watch over you always.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest ladyhound

What lovely memories. I am very glad you have these memories, those ones of her loving life so much, because that is what really can help with the mourning, I have found. Sometimes when the sadness and pain gets to be too much, you will get these little moments of remembering Maggie playing or plucking her own cherry tomatoes, and a smile will come in the midst of the tears. I am so sorry for your loss, thank you for sharing your wonderful memories of her.

thank you so much for sharing these special memories with us. I am sitting here with a huge smile on my face, picturing your beautiful Maggie loving life every moment of every day. I know what you mean about the house being quiet, and still without her...it was like that without my 11-pound Kasie Lynn (Beagle-Chuhuahua mix) when she went over the Bridge 18 months ago. Hold onto your memories...in time, you will find they come with more of a smile than tears, I hope...they did for me. hugs...Janette

Rio aka El Rio (Dec. 4/07) - Home May 16, 2010
Tiana aka CTW Tyra Time (June 7/07 to December 9, 2016) - home July 1, 2010, we miss you terribly, Sweet Girl :weep

Willy aka Starz Predator (Oct. 15/06) - home Aug. 29, 2010
and littermates Merlin aka CTW Excalibur & Mirage aka CTW Mirage (Jan. 1/08) - home Dec. 5, 2010
& June 3, 2012
missing Beagle-Chihuahua, Kasie Lynn (March 15/95-Sept. 13/10)