Meet Penny's Little Sister!

After months of deliberation about bringing home a second hound, and then weeks of perseverating over whether we'd made the right decision, we finally welcomed home our new little girl, "TK Let'er Rip" now known as Treasure. She ran one and only one race, came in a respectable second and was retired anyway! She is adjusting quite well to life with us, and seems to enjoy having a big sister. Penny seems over the moon to have her here. We brought her home Friday afternoon, and there has yet to be a cross word between them. Yesterday we loaded them up in the car together to meet our group for a hound walk and they behaved perfectly (muzzled of course). This morning, Treasure has discovered the couch, and Penny was obliging enough to share and even snuggle a bit! Treasure is definitely a woman's dog, which is a nice contrast to daddy's girl Penny (though suddenly my stock is through the roof with Penny!) Thanks to everyone who weighed in on my thread asking about having multiple females, so far it has been wonderful.

IMG_0511.jpg

airborne Treasure!

IMG_0522.jpg

Penny on the left in the pink collar, Treasure on the right in purple

IMG_0521.jpg

goofballs

IMG_0531.jpg

zoomies in the back yard (note: I am the "strict parent" while the daddyman is the "fun parent." The lack of "lectors" in this pictures lets you know that this was on his watch!)

IMG_0565.jpg

first snuggles on the couch - Treasure used Penny's rump as a pillow just after this picture!

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.

What a beautiful matched pair. Glad to see the girls are doing well together!

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest bethac

Congratulations!! They look like they are getting along great. We have 3 girls, so I'm really happy you followed through. I think you're going to love having two. :confetti

Congratulations. I love that second picture. It looks like Penny is talking to her.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Guest starbuck

I really like the picture where they're leaning on one another, and I love how they match! (They also really look like my hound, Starbuck, which is also super cool.) If you don't mind me asking, do you think having two is significantly raising your costs? I don't think we really have the time or energy for another at the moment, but seeing your pair definitely makes me wonder.

Guest TheDoggfather

Beautiful babies, I have TK Lumiere here, are they related?

I'm not sure! She is by Flying Penske out of Cajun Fantasy. It looks to me like all her litter mates are still racing, and I'm so curious as to why she was retired. Luckily for us, though!

The "TK" prefix is used by Dr. Marty Tanner and stands for "Tanner Kennel"... all of Doc Tanner's racers have TK as part of their racing name. And your girls are beyond gorgeous - congratulations on the new addition :)

that made me tear up! they are so perfectly matched, physically, and spiritually it seems. My girl is so different than my boy. I brought Remy to the kennel to pick his new sibbling, but he gets along with all greys. Leyla, on the other hand, picked me. She came straight to me and refused to leave my side. So much for Remy picking.... they don't cuddle or play together, but he has definitely learned to be more confident from her.... and that WAS the reason I wanted a second...

LOVE seeing your two so comfortable and happy together :colgate

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.

Yea, so glad you decided to take the plunge for a sister for Penny!! :clap:confetti

Lucky "Treasure" has just scored the best life ever!!! She looks ecstatic about joining her new family!! We love all your pictures... please keep them coming!!

:banana

(Our pack of Greyhound girls wholeheartedly agree with your decision. We're fortunate that two of our girls closest in age (3 years apart) are best buddy bookends, great playmates, and absolutely thrive together. All our hounds get along beautifully together, but those two are particularly close.)

Guest Angelique
:) Nice pair! I love black greys!! I've been debating if i should get a second, for over a year. If only i could get a guarantee they would get along this well and enjoy each other it would be a no brainer. Congrats on the pair and them bonding so well...!

Glad to hear they're doing so well.

Congratulations!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

They HAVE to be sisters!! Everything about them looks identical.

Such beautiful pics - some of the most woderful I have seen! I wish I could download them to my computer and put them on my screen. Thank you for sharing them. They look like my girl who crossed over not too long ago!!

:wub: :wub:

Take wonderful care of those beautiful girls. I am a little jealous. Beautiful girls.