Pipi-Francine

Guest Heehoo

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful girl. Godspeed Pipi-Francine! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read about your Pipi-Francine since I joined GT and enjoyed every second. I am so sorry....rest well baby girl.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Oh, Hilda, how you loved her. She was one of those larger than life dogs who was so easy to fall in love with. Thanks for sharing her with us. I'm so sorry you lost your precious girl.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest DoofBert

Run free PFD! and be sure to send your momma some reminders -- perhaps an extra bright star in the sky, some sun when it's not expected and an extra NCIS marathon every now and then!

Hugs to you Hilda!

Hilda, I am so very Sorry! My thoughts and prayers are with you! :grouphug Pipi was a very Special Girl and her memories will live on Forever!

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Run free PFD! and be sure to send your momma some reminders -- perhaps an extra bright star in the sky, some sun when it's not expected and an extra NCIS marathon every now and then!

Thank you all for your very sweet notes. This girl was such a hoot. Even to the end, I have a bite mark bruise around my arm where I tried to help her move & she reached back & bit me. I hope the skin break leaves a scar so I'll be able to wear the memory where I can see it vs in my heart.

I've smiled at several of the posts about sending me a sign; the girl has already started on her signs; we're under a tornado warning until 8pm tonight, we have high winds, clouds, rain thats going side ways...all the things she loved to play in. She pushed by the boys when I'd open the back door to go outside while it was raining. Just last week when I had 2 fosters, Boinker Drive & Avatar Drive at the house, she was standing in her mud hole at the back door barking at them to run thru the mud like real race dogs do.

She is highly missed at home, Smiley whimpered & looked for her several times last night. She was with me when I picked him up from Holly 3 yrs ago & she's been a constant in his life. I thought about letting him wear her pink collar with her tag on it for a while with her scent on it. He slept close to Thurles last night. He kept looking for her & going to the back door & looking outside. He'll be okay....

She was very unique...I've never owned a white greyhound before, and when I met her...I knew she was going to end up with me....and whenever I saw her after I turned her over to her new owner, she would look at me like: Hey I know you. When I brought her back home the day she was returned by her new owners, she was so happy to be back & she walked right back in like she'd owned the place. She ran my house, she kept everyone in order.

My heart is very heavy, but we'll be okay...she's one of those that will push her memory to the front of my heart & she will never ever be forgotten :beatheart

I am also shocked to see Pipe-Francine's name. I love her pictures in her sporty convertible. Yes, she is one special girl. I'm so very sorry, Hilda... :(

Edited by hidoey

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

Hilda, my jaw dropped when I saw this thread. I'm so very saddened by Pipi-Francine's passing. God speed Pipi.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Oh Hilda :( I'm just seeing this. I'm so sorry. She had a good life with you and has always been one of my all time favorites girls. She seemed like a real spitfire from your posts of her in the BDR. In my mind she will forever be riding that red comburple looking for fun.

:grouphug

:f_pink

I'm so sorry.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Guest Heehoo

:beatheart As I know everyone will agree, we know eventually we will remember something that our pup did & it'll make us smile, even through the tears. Usually it takes me months to get to that point. With Gogh, it took me years. But with Pipi, it was about an hour later. One of the many hilarious things this girl did was let the other dogs out of their crates.

In my spare bedroom, back when I had 9 greyhounds at one time, I have those tower crates like at the racing kennels. The type of locks on them is the flip kind. So one morning, I had everyone but Pipi & Snowy crated. I got to the point where I didn't crate Snowy & I'd get a handful of treats & give them to everyone, then crate Pipi last because she threw such a hissy fit.

So I'm standing in the kitchen getting the treats & I look down & there stands BuyCut. I had just crated him...what.....so I'm walking down the hall & here comes Gabby, then Pegasus. What in the world? Pipi had flipped everyone's lock with her nose & was letting everyone but the top crate dogs out. I ended up having to crate her, then them because it was a battle to lock the doors & then she comes along behind me & unlocks them.

She NEVER let me sleep past 6:15 either. No matter what day it was, weekends or holidays, she'd stand in the bedroom doorway & bark...usually a quiet woof at first & eventually into a full blown wolf howl with a foot stomp with every bark. I was never late getting up for work with her around.

Last night I picked up a white male greyhound to foster for a month or so, his name is Danger Drive...he slept on her bed last night & every once in a while I'd catch a glimpse of him in the corner of my eye...my heart would leap just for a second.

But I am already smiling at the crazy things that girl did.

I am so sorry for the loss of you beautiful girl.

Hopefully the new boy will start to make you smile.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest Heehoo

I am so sorry for the loss of you beautiful girl.

Hopefully the new boy will start to make you smile.

Thank you, but Danger is only being fostered.

For some reason losing Pipi-Francine has been different than the others, I guess because she was always hilarious, even the day before. I can't think of a single sad moment with her. She was always nosing around somewhere she shouldn't, always pushing the others out of the way & always first at everything. :beatheart