Happy Birthday, Wilbur

Guest Adrianne

Guest Adrianne

Today you would have been 14. How could one dog be all the things you were to me? I thought I could write an eloquent tribute to you, a celebration of your life and your birthday, but I can't put into words the feelings for you in my heart. I love you still, I miss you every day, and I thank you for everything you gave me, taught me, and meant to me. You will forever be in my heart, my strong, quiet, gentle boy.....the one who opened the door for all the others that followed--Macy, Fluffy, Riley, Ollie, Larry, and Chevy.

_MG_8517a.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_4160.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

Happy Birthday, my love. I'll never forget you, and I'll never stop remembering your birthday.

ETA: Fourteen years ago this day, you were born. A glorious day! And from the moment you entered the world, though neither of us knew it, you were on a path. I don't know what the first four years of your life were like, but that path brought you to me....the place you were born and meant to be.

Edited by Adrianne

Adrianne, the photos of Wilbur always make me smile. His gentle soul just shines in every one. There will always be a very special place in your heart for this gentleman among greyhounds.

Happy 14th Birthday Wilbur!

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

{{{Wilbur}}} Happy Bridge Birthday, special boy. Always in your momma's heart, and in the hearts of us who loved you from afar. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

One of the most beautiful black hounds I have seen both in look and spirit. Happy B-day Wilbur.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

What a special bond you had with Wilbur. That photo with the squirrel is adorable! Happy birthday Wilbur!!:b-day

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I so love the pictures of Wilbur and Ollie. I miss him a lot.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I forgot that Larry and Wilbur's birthdays were so close together. :grouphug. The anniversaries are difficult whether or not they are birthdays, gotcha days or the last day with us. But it's the dash between the dates that's the most important, the days they lived and left memories too beautiful to forget.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Happy Bridge Birthday, Wilbur. You are missed!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway