Pep Echo 4/5/01 - 1/5/12

Brindles

Aw, Rachel, I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful girl and I always loved seeing your photos of her :(:cry1

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, everyone, for your heartfelt words, thoughts, and prayers. I appreciate each one of you. It really means a lot.

I wanted to do what was right for my girl. I didn't want her to go a single day feeling badly. But the whole time I was driving to the vet, all I wanted to do was hit the rewind button. It sucked. I went to work afterwards to keep my mind busy. Playing with the racers is always therapeutic, especially snuggling up on the carpet stack with my kennel buddy, Dewty. My boyfriend surprised me with roses and peppermint patties and left them at my desk for me to find when I got home. This morning I packed up all of her things and put them away. It doesn't seem real.

Echo was always quiet, calm, and polite. Never obnoxious, never in the way. Yet the house feels empty without her.

| Rachel | Dewty, Trigger, and Charlotte | Missing Dazzle, Echo, and Julio |

dewttrigsnowsig.jpg
Learn what your greyhound's life was like before becoming part of yours!
"The only thing better than the cutest kitty in the world is any dog." -Daniel Tosh

oh no :( I am so very sorry!!! :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Bless your heart, girl. I am so sorry to hear this. Godspeed to your perfect girl and hopes for some balm on that broken heart.

Taunya

Taunya and her Supreme Grace, Anna - Sharsanna (Kiowa Sweet Trey x Camden Coming), Surge (no races), Kelsos Yorktown (Trent Lee x Kelsos Spotswood), Galgo Espanol - Valentin. Forever waitin' on Red (Kiowa Mon Manny x Bella Ionic).

Your Echo was such a loved hound, and so happy with you. I am so very sorry she had to leave you -- you were such a good match, I'd wish you could always be together. I hope you know that we (and many more) loved your girl, too. I hope the love you shared for so many years with her brings you some comfort soon.

I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Echo. She was a beauty.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Rachel, I'm just seeing this now and I am so so sorry for your loss. I can relate to the ride to the vet...it is the worst drive ever :(

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so sorry. Echo will be missed by many. What a gift you have in capturing her so beautifully in all your many photos. Rest well sweetheart.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Can't believe I am seeing this only now.

Rachel, I am so sorry for your loss.

You managed to document her life through so many beautiful pictures, it made feel like I knew her in person.

She will be missed by many.

:grouphug

Edited by galgomum

I'm so very sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown