Aquitaine At Ever Now

Just seeing this now and I've never wished for blood clots or fatty lumps more than I am right now. Wishing you both the very best.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to see Aquitaine late last night. I was ready to see her earlier but at around 7:00 pm they actually said she had finally gone to sleep, regular sleep and they would like her to have it as she needed it. Complete agreement from me. They said that they were waking her up at 10:00 pm for some tests and meds and I could come then to see her for a few minutes. I was able to see her for 5 minutes then I left because I thought she was too agitated. She looked better than I expected. Not good mind you, but not the Franken-Grey I was expecting. Heavy panting but the monitor sounds were regular which is a good thing. (I count the blinks time on Christmas tree lights so believe me, I was counting...) I checked with them an hour later after the tests and meds were done and they confirmed she was doing well and had laid down and relaxed.

One of the doctors called this morning to say she did well during the night, and that optimally, they want her home with me tonight. There is a concern with her blood pressure, and there has been since Monday. It is elevated to 200 instead of the preferred 120. They realize that at least some of that is from being in hospital and having surgery. They are starting meds this morning and if today goes well, she comes home tonight. If not, they want to keep her for one more night then have her BP monitored in 7 days.

So that is where we are right now. Praying for a lowered BP. Praying that my bosses will let me work remotely for at least tomorrow and Friday if I can bring her home tonight. Most of all, praying for benign, benign, benign.

I can't begin to thank you for all the support. I know Aquitaine would give you all one of her spontaneous roos if she could.

Praying for all that you are, too. I'm glad you got to see her and that she is doing so well. It will be good to have her home where she can rest properly with your TLC. How soon should the biopsy results be in?

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

That would be great if she can come home tonight if her BP comes down a bit. We're all still pulling for your girl.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Just catching up since the surgery. Whew! I just realized I'd been holding my breath! blush.gif

I'm joining the chant here for B9! When will we know?

In the mean time, rest easy, Aquitaine, and you too, so you're ready to do what needs doing with an alert mind, eh?

All your words about paying attention to your instincts hit right home. We know our pets better than anybody. If it seems off, it is: good motto to live by!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

just seeing this now and sending many prayers!!! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I just called to check on her and the surgeon took the call. I have to say I am now panicked. I can't bring her home tonight. They are still not happy with the BP and he said her heart has been throwing runs that are concerning them so they are starting her on meds for that. He also indicated she wasn't eating but knew that could be that because of where she is. We agreed that since she was agitated last night when I was there, that I won't see her tonight which I have to admit is exceptionally painful. I am going to get some of her favorite Fresh Pet food because she loves that so hopefully she will eat that for them.

I am so scared.

:(

Sending lots and lots of prayers for your girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thinking back to some conversations I've had, I wonder if her BP is higher than normal but not that high for a greyhound in her circumstance?

I'd call your regular vet and ask for a better interpretation and his take on the situation.

Sending lots of prayers!

I am scheduled to speak to my vet at 9 pm. The heartrate is what has me terrified right now. The BP is not good but the heartrate is terrifying.

:( sending your girl and you more prayers!!! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

It's not uncommon to have heart arrhythmias after the spleen is removed, hopefully the medication will get it under control. Thinking of you!

I wondered about this. My guy had arrhythmias for a little while after his GDV surgery which included splenectomy. (BTW when they removed the spleen they found a mass & it was subsequently found to be benign.) Never knew if arrhythmia was related directly to the splenectomy or not. Sounds like it might have been. Dan's resolved within 36-48 hours & the vets seemed to feel that was excellent & faster than often happens.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug Hugs for you and Aquataine.:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug It will work itself out. Her poor little body has been through the wringer this week. I'm sure she's had it with not being in her own home and bed. Hope she turns the corner.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Thank you all. My vets first statement was that we had to get her home to me. He reminded me that I always go to the darkest place and to hold on to the surgeon saying that everything looked healthy and normal in her organs. I saw the surgeon when I delivered her Fresh Pet food. He said that they are worried about the BP and the heart rate but not "panic" worried.

When I got to the hospital I ran into a woman walking two gorgeous grey boys who,let me love on them so that helped. Her boys had been at the hospital and she said they had gone through the BP and heart rate thing and had a couple of rough days but pulled through well. I am holding on to that.

Have no advice to add, Carron, but keeping Aquitane and you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited