Aquitaine At Ever Now

Adding my good thoughts and well wishes to all of the others.

Hugs.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's very encouraging! I am praying that she will be able to come home today.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Positive Aquitaine Update: she is holding her own. She still has the arrhythmia but less than yesterday and her BP has gone down 20 points. Still too high but a definite improvement. They removed the Fentanyl patch to see if that helps as well.

We are not out of the woods, we still need a benign biopsy but at least she gets to come home.

Positive Aquitaine Update: she is holding her own. She still has the arrhythmia but less than yesterday and her BP has gone down 20 points. Still too high but a definite improvement. They removed the Fentanyl patch to see if that helps as well.

We are not out of the woods, we still need a benign biopsy but at least she gets to come home.

Try not too worry (easy for me to say right?) It's super common for them to have premature ventricular contractions (PVC's) after a splenectomy. It will iron out--if she's still on IV fluids they will most likely given her lidocaine in her drip. Still hoping for that B9 path report.

It's nice to read good news. She will be coming home today? Are they going to let you work from home the rest of the week (I hope, I hope)? When do they expect the biopsy results to come in?

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Oh, she's going to be SO happy to be home! I'm sure she will sleep most of the time, but I'll bet that within 48 hours, she will be much more like herself. Hooray! I know you will be sssooo relieved!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

She will improve quickly once she is home. Right now she's got a bright, optimistic future. Stay away from the dark side. ;) I've been watching this thread hoping to see she will get to come home. I had a dog go through splenectomy with lump that turned out to be B9. I had another dog who died suddenly from splenic hemangiosarcoma. And I myself have multiple hemangiomas in my spleen, likely there from birth. They were found incidentally during diagnostics for a different condition. I do not consider these a health concern & surgery would only be considered if they later enlarged causing problems.

It's hardly enough to be statistically significant but we're running about a 67% B9 between me & my dogs. My money is on your girl coming through just fine.

continuing to send good thoughts and prayers!! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

...........and tomorrow will be even better!

Aquitaine had a second good night and is eating and taking cookies. I think most of the IV fluids have peed out by now.

I think the bruising looks good. Then again nothing on my girl that doesn't belong there looks good she is being very good about the warm compresses.

So glad she's home with you. Gentle scritchies to your precious, and hugs for yourself.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

.......................and tomorrow will bring more positive signs of recovery. There's no place like home.