Good Thoughts For Pinky Will Be Much Appreciated

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we now have audible farts and burps :blush

We've been out one last time-now its time for bed!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Room clearing, OMG who cut the cheese farts! Thankfully they dissipate quickly :lol

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

Bandage change was AWESOME today :confetti Everything looks REALLY good. She had a teeny tiny droplet of blood on the incision line, but that was likely just from removing the bandage and having a spot that had dried blood come off with it. Dr. Less is very pleased with how well she is getting around.

We started cephalexin this morning just as a precaution. Her lupus is flaring up a little bit-her nose and snout are a little bit crusty and her ears are getting flaky, so the antibiotics will hopefully help that as well.

We're hoping that now that her new bandage is not as tight, some of this fluid in her leg will reabsorb. That will only lead to her getting around better. I have to go back to work on Monday, so, hopefully we'll continue to make forward progress. My mom will stay home with her while I'm gone next week. Beyond that we'll see where we're at. Since mom doesn't work, she's available to be nurse grandma, although her pups will be mad at her for being gone all day :lol

She got up out of bed this morning to greet my mom at the gate :)

I'll have to have mom take a video of us in the yard sometime when she's here during the day. I'm sure it's pretty comical to see me running after Pinky :lol

I think you are both handling this very well. That picture of her on the couch is just precious!

DITTO!!

and congrats on the poop! :rollin

This. And congrats on P's successful bandage change as well. And having nurse gramma is just precious. :blush

So proud of you girls!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Oh, Kristin...just seeing this now (I don't come on GT often these days) and am so relieved that Pinky is handling this all with a spunky attitude. I remember her so well from her pre-adoption days. I'll keep her (and you--hang in there!) in my thoughts.

Our new little Labrador is missing a rear leg, and she doesn't let it get in her way one bit!

Kristin,

It is so good to find everything going well in this thread, as I hoped and expected!!! You have been in my thoughts but we were going through some important decisions in our own lives with Hurley's osteo. He will have his amputation next Wednesday!! Woo Hoo!!!! It looks like we have some greyt hounds who will be kicking some osteo butt for as long as possible!!

It sounds like she is having fewer problems than expected: keep up the good work!! I'm sure that leap to the love seat made your heart stop!!!! :eek Pinky!!!!! Don't scare your mumma like that!!

The fact that she is dragging you around is a good sign!! Right? I will continue to check in on Pinky's recovery and it better be good!!! ;)

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

We'll be praying for Hurley and hoping that he recovers as well as Pinky appears to be :goodluck

I think it's good that she's dragging me around the yard-she really doesn't need me most of the time, but the swelling in her leg is still around and if she gets tired, she will get sinky. Plus I don't want her RUNNING yet. I'd say her speed right now is a trot, but it's fast enough that I can't keep up by walking :lol

She's been a little bit weird-she acted kind of out of it last night. Not sure if there's some level of withdrawal after having her pain patch removed or what. She's been pretty normal this morning-went out for potty and ate her breakfast and took her meds. I'm waiting for the last day of my training to start.

I remember that it was easier for my angel Onyx if he trotted or did a slow run rather than walking and that never changed although when we went for a walk he would try and adjust for my slow speed but, it was better if I adjusted and just walked really, really fast. At the beginning, standing was awkward too but, after a week or so he got used to placing his back leg better to support the weight more evenly.

Sounds like keeping a good momentum really helps them at first :nod

She is doing REALLY well when she squats to pee. I'm right there with her but I'm really not needing to support her to help her back up anymore. Pooping is a new adventure because she has always walked as she poops. The first time, she hopped-I couldn't believe it :lol

:wub: My big girl is snoozing away, even though the iggies are wrestling and generally being goofy this morning :lol

Just a short video for you-sorry for the glowing eyes-it's dark enough in here that I had to use the light on my phone. I was rubbing her chest and when I stop she looks back at me and pulls her front feet up asking for more :wub:

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af74/krissn333/Pinky/fff7f817.mp4

Hey, there! Checkin' in--such good news, and sweet video! :wub:

Interesting about the speed factor when she's in the yard. I guess it would be kinda like a kid learning how to ride a bicycle at first--like when they slow down too much and tip over!

Lisa
...sharing the journey with my best friend, Kevin, and our four greyhounds:
Littermates Sweetie* & Spicy (Possible Betsy, Possible Edna),

Moody* (Jr's Moody Man), and Dragon (Kiowa Dragonfire)

*Gone to wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge

Pinky just flew solo in the yard-no help from me with peeing or pooping. She got up from her bed and headed for the door on her own before I could catch her, so, I figured what the heck. She did great!

She's pretty darn tuckered out now, but she ate dinner and had some water and has retired to the couch for the moment :wub:

I am so happy that she is doing so well! May she continue to thrive.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow