Good Thoughts For Pinky Will Be Much Appreciated

I'm so proud of my girl :wub: She is doing so great. I modified her bandage a little bit-she had a small irritated area below her suture line that had been seeping a little-it was swollen after surgery and I think the bandage just rubbed it the wrong way.

Eating well, going to the bathroom no problem, and now getting around the house and yard like a champ. I am just amazed, and so thankful that the stars seem to be aligning :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful update :clap

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Pinky is much more her "normal" color today. A lot of the bruising is going away. Her chest is still pretty dark purple, but her leg is resuming normal color.

She is now going outside with everyone again but I am watching very closely that the iggies don't get too rambunctious with her and that Ace isn't enticing her to play too soon. The iggies were so upset not to be able to get near her, so I allowed that today. She and Skimmie are pretty good friends. If I knew there wasn't a chance of them jumping on her when she's resting on the bed, I'd let him out of the ex-pen to be with her, but unfortunately he's a little jumping bean and I just can't take the chance of him landing on her. Once she's better healed we'll explore that. For now they can enjoy one another out in the yard.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

This sounds like good progress!!! Yay Pinky!!!! Again!!! :lol

She sounds like she isn't letting the loss of a leg get her down, that's for sure!

Continuing to send good thoughts to Pinky and that her bandaged suture remains healthy. Enjoy your Sunday with your beautiful pup!! It will be my turn next weekend! Lol.

I could not get the video to play, I'll try again later, my computer is about to do an update.

Johanna

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

I have bowling tonight, so nurse Grandma will be here to babysit. I could get a substitute, but mom thinks it'd be good for me to get out of the house for a bit and relax. Plus, mom is going to be with her all week while I'm back at work, so me being gone for a few hours is a good trial run.

She's doing very well with getting on the couch and love seat when she wants to, but she mainly sleeps on the airbed with me.

We changed her bandage ourselves today because she either licked it a bunch or accidentally peed on it at one point outside and it was wet. My dad stood with her and helped keep her steady (she's much better at standing still, but since we were messing with her bandage she was a little bit nervous), while I rebandaged her with mom's help. Pinky did an excellent job and we got her all re-wrapped. :)

The stump is much less swollen today and she is almost a completely normal color now - no more purple! Her leg still has the tiniest bit of fluid moving around in it, but it has certainly improved :nod She was scheduled for a bandage change tomorrow, but now I think we can wait until later in the week.

My big girl is doing a bit better with settling herself in rather than needing my help to get comfortable. She stayed home with my mom tonight while I went to bowling and did great, so I won't worry too much about her when I go back to work tomorrow.

She is so precious. She decides she needs hugs so she looks over her shoulder at me with these eyes...

029e9826.jpg

What's the latest pupdate, Pinky??

The progress so far sounded marvelous! I love your pictures, dear Pinky!!

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background