Good Thoughts For Pinky Will Be Much Appreciated

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're sitting in the waiting room at the emergency center right now while they get her settled. Transport went well-she is pretty well drugged, but, she was ornery enough to "talk" to me when I "talked" to her. :wub:

We're going to see if she will drink some water and maybe eat something before we go home. :goodluck

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Sending more prayers for a quiet and restful night for your darling girl. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Nothing to eat but had a little bit of water. They had to sedate her a little more because she got upset when she heard my voice as i walked toward the back and stood up. I hope she just rests through the night. Tomorrow she'll go back to Dr. Less. He wants to send her home as soon as possible because she is not happy being in a kennel. She needs room to figure all of this stuff out. So hopefully tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

I've been thinking about Pinky all day. I just got back from taking a friend to Cleveland to visit the poodle puppy she is getting from a breeder. First think I did when I got home is to check on Pinky. I'm sorry she needed the plasma but I am very thankful that she is at the ER overnight so that they can keep her well monitored.

I look forward to tomorrow's update.

Jane

Bedtime update: Just called the ER and spoke to one of the techs. Pinky is a bit more alert but is not panicking. She has been up and down a little bit without getting upset too...so that's good. I can rest a little easier tonight I think *knock on wood*.

Guest FullMetalFrank

I am just now catching up with Pinky's surgery details. I have your sweet girl in my prayers; hope you can get some sleep and that she does, too. :goodluck that she can come home tomorrow.

Just got home from transporting Pinky back to Dr. Less. She is much more alert today - the notes in her overnight chart were pretty amusing. Most notes said that she was laying down in some form or another, watching the staff move about the room, etc., but, a couple of the notes said she was whining. Another note said "whining - doesn't appear to be in pain, quiets down when she gets attention - sweet girl!" :lol

In the car she responded to ear scritches like normal. I syringed some water into her mouth because it was dry, in spite of the staff at the ER doing this too. She finally started keeping her tongue in her mouth - silly girl.

She has been bandaged all night since the bleeding issue yesterday, but now her good rear leg is a bit swollen because of it. Dr. Less is going to remove the bandage this morning and see how we're doing. Still hoping to send her home today - she is angry being in a kennel and wants to get up and move around. She hasn't eaten anything since Sunday night, so we're hoping she'll eat a little bit today as the drugs wear off a little more. They last sedated her lightly around 10pm last night.

So I'm just waiting for a phone call...

Guest Yankeegreyhound

Greyt update!!! :getwell

The vet techs had to hand feed Sara to get her to start eating. Also, she would only eat when she was outside of her cage.

Just talked to Dr. Less's tech - Pinky is eating and she is anxious to get OUT of that kennel! He wants to send her home at lunchtime - she will be much happier here at home. So my mom will be here around 11:30 to go get her with me :wub: