Chase Is Gone

Guest LindsaySF

Guest jettcricket

she hasn't left you Lindsay....watch from the corner of your eye and you will see her, when a breeze blows, listen carefully and you will hear her, close your eyes, take a deep breath, and you will feel her. you did a great job with her and she loves you for that. im sure she is telling all the bridge kids about you. run free chase.

:bighug

...Tom...how beautiful are your words of comfort. And, yes, your right. They never truly leave us. :beatheart

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry Lindsay. The months she had with you were the best and she could eat all she wanted. Bless you for having such a big heart and taking care of her. Godspeed sweet angel.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest greyers

I knew nothing of chases story and her fight and her mommy's love and dedication to her until just minutes ago when I read this thread through sobs. The amount of time never matters as much as the quality of that time. She saved her best home for last Lindsay and she KNEW love in her life perhaps for the first time. What an incredibly lucky girl to have your love and care and compassion. You gave her so much. Life is too short for regrets. Focus on the wonderful memories of your sweet girl. That is what Chase would want her mommy to do.

Hugs to you all.

What a beautiful last ten months you gave to that sweet baby. She knew love and kindness.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I am so sorry for your loss, but so glad that Chase finally got to know what it's like to be truly loved and you did that. She deserved nothing less, hugs to you for making that spot in your heart where she will always be.

Terry

I am so very sorry for your loss...but what a wonderful ten months you gave her.

Run Free, Chase!

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest greytbookert

Oh Lindsay, I'm so very sorry! Chase felt your love everyday that she was with you and she'll hold a special place in your heart.

run free beautiful!

I, too, followed Chase's story & thought you were an angel for trying so hard to save an old sick girl.

Someone, somewhere, wanted her to know what being loved unconditionally felt like, and so sent her to you.

Thank you for giving her those 10 months.

Rest in peace Chase. You were SO loved.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Thank you for giving Chase a wonderful last 10 months in your loving home. Godspeed beautiful girl!

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Lindsay, all Chase will remember is her time with you, how much she was loved and cared for. You always put her needs first, and she had a wonderful life with you. I'm so sorry for your loss of Chase. Rest well sweet Chase, you will be missed but not forgotten.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Run with the wind, sweet brave Chase.

Would she have had a better life if the liver failure had been diagnosed earlier? Would you or she been any happier? Your best was more than good enough.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Lindsay,

I am so very sorry about Chase. Her world changed massively when she arrived in your arms 10 months ago. Thank you for making her final stage of life so wonderful. You did such an amazing job of loving her, nursing her back to her best health, and to help her gain so much weight. (She looked like she was at the perfect weight later.) It's remarkable that she was able to regain enough strength, and her brightness of life to want to do zoomies. What a precious girl.

I hope you can rest peacefully knowing that you did more that anyone could ask for Chase. How fortunate she was to have landed with you. You are in our thoughts during this difficult and sad time. (I think it's time to drop the "foster," you were Chase's true momma.)

Thank you for taking the time to write this memorial with her informative medical history. That may help other senior hounds too.

Tearful hugs to you, and your pups, with an extra special hug and a kiss on Sophie's kissy spot on her head. She is another very girl lucky to have been invited to walk through your door. I hope the other pups will offer you extra deserving comfort. You certainly deserve it...

Bless you for all that you do for these pups.

Godspeed lovely Chase...

Chase's story touched my heart in a place made sore from a too-similar story (our own Happy). I can just imagine your pain right now, and how big a hole she leaves, even after the short time you had to share with her. You were able to give her so much love, your commitment was so thorough, and she knew it to her soul. You were lucky to find each other, even so late.

:bighug :bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest happygrey

I'm so sorry. Chase was really one of the special GT stars. I still remember reading your first post about her and following them closely.

As tough as the last part of her life was with her former jerk owners, it's such a great gift that she was able to live with you and your pack for the last 10 months. I am sure that it erased any bad memories that she had.

So terribly sorry for your loss. She was lovely. :f_white