Rainy - Peach Rain

FountainLady

Rainy - Peach Rain 3/13/00 - 10/05/11

P9220007.jpg

Her career: 144 races, Lifetime earnings $5387.

retired June 20th 2004.

PA180005-1.jpg

Adopted into the Sayen family on May 7th, 2006

Rainy loved boating, and we spent many hours on the water together.

P6160010.jpg

PA210009.jpg

Rainy and her Aunt Margaret standing by our boat

our GIG vacation in 2007 was the best vacation we ever took! I tested with Rainy and she passed her AKC Canine Good Citizen test at the Battlefield Holiday Inn ... this led her to a future career as a TDI therapy dog.

The highlight of our Gettysburg visit was sitting at the top of Devils Den at dusk with Rainy, looking up toward Little Round Top ... waiting to see if we could connect with some ghosts of the fallen soldiers. It was an amazing experience, and I swear that Rainy COULD see them, as she laid there on top of the boulders of Devils Den so serene and watchful. While we didn't "see" any ghosts ourselves at the time, when we came home and downloaded the photos I took up there after dark, there WERE spirit orbs all around Mike and Rainy!!

On top of Devils Den

P4290009.jpg

TDI Therapy dog certified Sept 12th, 2007.

having a Greyhound therapy dog is the best PR you can have for the breed, and it seemed like each assignment we went on would become a meet and greet event. People always ask about greyhounds. Where we live it is rare to see a greyhound out and about.

butterflies2C20Clare20library2C20train20show2012912.jpg

Our Rainy had been TDI certified for the past 4 years. We did all sorts of activities with her, the children's reading programs at area libraries, nursing home and hospice visits, stress relief at the Special Olympics, and we had also been known to go into the freshmen dorms at Central Michigan University for some stress relief before final exams.

June 4th at the Michigan Special Olympics State Championships.

P6040103.jpg

We went to a Dog Tales fund raiser event in April for the group & Rainy wore her "donation dog" vest that we also use for meet and greet events for her greyhound activities - she raised over $50.00 that day for the children's reading program for Dog Tales. Miss Rainy had an amazing ability to get people to donate money for a cause.

CrystalSpeedway09039.jpg

Doc and Rainy

Crystal Motor Speedway – MEET & GREET event for Compassion for Greyhounds

Rainy had a truly beautiful soul, and people were naturally drawn to her gentle spirit.

She left a lasting impression on all that met her. She was a good girl.

Our home feels so empty with out her here. The coming holidays will not be as bright, but we will hold fast on to our memories of christmas’s past.

PC250015.jpg

I hope her gentle spirit is at peace, and we await the day we can be reunited together. We miss her snuggles at night. Waking up to find her spooning with myself or Mike. We will miss her ability to read our minds when she knew that she was going somewhere with us that day. There are a hundred and one little things that made Rainy the beautiful and unique creature that she was.

P8240019.jpg

She was a dog that made me a better person. How can I ever thank her for that?

Rest in peace Miss Rainy ……

P8300002.jpg

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

You have thanked her, through the wonderful life you gave her -- every dog's dream.

I'm so sorry she couldn't stay longer with you. She was so beautiful.

Godspeed, precious girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Rainy. Thank you for sharing your photos and your memories.

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

What a wonderful life your beautiful Rainy had!

I am so sorry for your loss.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest PiagetsMom

You gave a beautiful tribute to your most beautiful girl. Rainy obviously had a wonderful retirement with you, and I know you'll miss her terribly......I'm so very sorry :grouphug

What a beautiful tribute to your sweet baby. I'm so sorry for your loss. Rest well Rainy.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

So very sorry for your loss.

She obviously touched the lives of many....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

She was a dog that made me a better person.

I completely understand this.

We are so, so sorry to read that Rainy has gone to be with Doc. I will always think of them together, Rainy and Doc. Sending a hug to you and Mike. :grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Miss Rainy was such a special girl. I'm so sorry for your loss but I know she will live forever in your heart and memories!

Hugs,

Sheila

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

By continuing to do the wonderful things you do.

You shared Rainy with the world and she made many, many people smile. You can't know the difference that made in their lives, but I am sure it was not insignificant.

Many hugs to you and yours. :grouphug:f_pink

Godspeed Rainy :gh_run

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 Your tribute to your special girl is perfect.

Godspeed Rainy.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest goofydog

Cory, what a beautiful tribute to your wonderful girl. Rainy made a difference in so many lives and brought smiles to everyone she met. She had a great life with you and Mike and that is the most any of us can hope to give our greys.

Ya'll were a fantastic Secret Santa team too! I just love her personalized book mark and use it daily.

Godspeed beautiful and talented Rainy.

Toni

What an honorable memorial for your very special girl. What an amazing life she experienced from the moment she was born, and how fortunate that she lived her well deserved, enjoyable, meaningful and loving retirement with you. She will be remembered by many. May your hearts feel comfort as you remember so many wonderful days with your beautiful Rainy. Peach Rain, even a lovely name given to her from the start.

:f_pink I wish I could offer you peach roses, but these are close...

Guest 2Brindles

What an incredible life...so many acts and such a profound impact on everyone she met. I am truly sorry for your loss. Wait for your people at the Bridge Miss Rainy. :gh_lay

I am so very sorry for your trememdous loss. And a great loss to everyone she touched. What a beautiful baby girl. Run free at the Rainbow Bridge sweet Rainy girl, you sunburst of Peachy Rain.

Thank you for sharing so much of her history, work for people in need, and her love for you. I appreciate all the lovely pics of Beautiful Rainy girl. Comfort to you, dear mama!

:f_red:f_pink:f_red:grouphug

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful, special girl. Therapy greyhound dogs make such a difference in so many ways, and you wrote a beautiful, moving tribute to your friend, thank you. :grouphug

Godspeed pretty Rainy :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.