Phene, Aka Phoenix

robinw

Guest FullMetalFrank

Robin, I am so sorry. I never got to meet your beautiful kids; but feel like I know them from reading their stories on GT. I know how loved Phene was; by you and so many others and I am just so saddened that he is gone. And now he is with Loca and so many others at the bridge. This time of year; it keeps getting harder with every new loss. :( Godspeed, Phene...

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry Robin. :grouphug I hope the pain you are feeling now will soon be replaced with warm happy memories of the time you had together.

Run Free Phene.

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Robin, I am so so very sorry Phene is gone. I like so many were hoping that you had more time with him. Even though they are distant cousins, I do see shades of Charlie in Phene. He was a beautiful boy.

Run free Phene, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest larock

Oh Robin, I am so sorry for you and Treasure. Big faun males hold a very special place in my heart. Godspeed Phene.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Lynn

Robin, I am so sorry. I know there are no words for the gaping hole left in your heart.

I am so happy to have been able to meet your sweet boy.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh, Robin... sorry seems so inadequate, but I truly am so sorry Phene had to leave you too soon.

I'll miss him at Dewey & GIG.

Many hugs to you - I'll be thinking about you.

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest jettcricket

Oh Robin.....I'm so sorry. :cry1 I gasped when I saw his name....hugs to you my friend. :grouphug

I'm sure he had a wonderful welcoming committee to greet him at the Bridge. :f_red

Edited by jettcricket

I'm so sorry Robin.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I just sent Phene to the bridge. He was diagnosed with osteo about 1.5 weeks ago. When I left for Halifax on Thursday (for work), he was doing great. Last night Tina (TinasTroops, his sitter and extended family member) let me know that he wasn't doing very well. I returned from Halifax this morning. When I went to pick Phene up, I took one look at him and knew it was time. I could see how much pain he was in (despite his cocktail of Metacam and Tramadol) and all I knew was that I never, ever wanted him to suffer again. We sent him to the bridge an hour later. He passed peacefully surrounded by those of us who loved him the most.

Phoenix. The best dog in the world. He never did anything wrong. I could leave a bag of open chips on the floor and he wouldn't touch it. He was quiet, gentle, loving, and the sweetest being I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He looked exactly like the greyhound on the bus, only his nose was even longer.

It makes me smile to think that his sister Loca met him at the bridge. I hope she's already corrupting him.

Love you, Rainman.

Robin, I', so sorry to read about Phene. We were hoping that you would have way more time with him. He is now running free at the 'Bridge, no longer in pain.

Hugs,

Tin

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

:cry1 I'm so very sorry, Robin. I never got to meet Phene in person, but he sounded like the perfect boy. And a very handsome one at that. My heart aches for you and I wish I could be there to give you a huge :grouphug .

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Oh no, I just got back from camping and saw your thread in H&M had been locked. :cry1 I'm so so sorry. I too had really hoped you would have more time together. What a handsome boy, and clearly loved. I'm very sorry for your loss.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Robin, I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Phoenix.

Rest well, sweet boy.

:grouphug:f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I really don't feel as if anything I say or do right now could give you comfort but Phene has always been a favourite and am so glad for every moment we spent together :grouphug Rest well sweet Phene, we will all miss you sweetie

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Oh God no!!!!!!!!!! Not Phene :cry1 I saw the title and my heart sank...

Robin I'm so very deeply sorry.....It's a nice thought to think that Loca was there to greet him..

Phoenix was indeed a special boy and an extremely handsome greyhound.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Karen & gang

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Oh no :cry1 Robin, I'm just so very sorry for the loss of your sweet Phene :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest fbwjack

I'm so sorry to read this. I had the privilege to meet Phene and Loca at Dewey a few years ago and what I remember most about Phene is that I couldn't get enough of that looong beautiful nose! I'm very sorry Robin.