Introduction And Hugs Needed - Fibrosarcoma

Guest Yankeegreyhound

Guest Yankeegreyhound

Hi everyone. I used to post years ago under a different screen name. Since then I had skin kids, moved 1/2 way across the country and had a job where I wasn't allowed to play on the internet. I started lurking again when I got my new job.

Anyway, I really need some hugs. My princess, Sara, is 10 years old. About a month ago I noticed swelling on her top right leg. Sort of her butt cheeck area in the back. I thought that maybe she had a torn muscle and it was swelling. She wasn't in any pain. She wasn't limping. She never got better so I took her to the vet last week and she thinks it's a tumor and she's concerned its a fibrosarcoma. :( We had blood work done immediatley and that all came back fine. Now, on Monday, she's scheduled for xrays and a biopsy. We're praying it's benign but preparing for the worst. I just can't believe this is happening.

I contacted Dr. Cuoto's office and spoke to Dr. Marin. She wasn't that helpful because there has been no definate diagnosis yet and she just kept talking about bone cancer.

So, please, keep Sara in your thoughts and prayers and if you have any thoughts or suggestions, I'm open. Right now it's just a waiting game. The vet didn't want to do a needle aspiration because of the type of cancer she thinks it might be. So, we wait.

Thanks for listening.

Many prayers for a benign result!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Very best wishes for your Sara. Once you get the results, OSU will be much more able to offer guidance. I know how hard it is to wait. grouphug.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Welcome back, and I'm sending many, many good thoughts for a BENIGN test result, and also many :grouphugsmileyhug.gif:grouphug to you.

Waiting is the worst :(

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Hugs to you and your Sara.

:grouphug:hope

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

hope.gifhope.gifhope.gifhope.gifhope.gifhope.gif

Welcome back. Here's hoping that you get a benign answer asap! I know how hard the waiting is, we recently waited for rest results for my boy King and never actually got a definitive answer. Waiting is stressful. Here's hoping!

gallery_16678_2973_7526.jpg

TNT Star Wars X Oshkosh Enigma King's Pedigree
King's sisters: Oshkosh Updraft, Dazie and forever in our hearts Oshkosh Ultra, Lily (3/7/03-2/18/13)

Guest Yankeegreyhound

Thank you all again for all your support. I brought Sara in this morning for the biopsy. I am so nervous and I'm hoping she didn't sense it. I felt so bad too because she was so excited to go for a ride and when we got to the vet, it's like she looked at me and was saying "mommy, this is where you're taking me???!!!" But, as always she was excited to go into the back with the vet tech. She just loves people and loves exploring.

She's starting to limp a little now and then. I keep making excuses for it. I hopt it's just the swelling. However, she still has no problems counter surfer! She stole a piece of cake the other night!!!

Guest Yankeegreyhound

Update on Sara!

She went in on Monday. She had an x-ray and everything looked good. Nothing in her lungs and the tumor is not attached to the bone. It is deep in her leg though.

The biopsy went perfectly. She recovered quickly from the anesthesia and I took her home Monday night. I kept her confined to our fist floor so she didn't have to do any steps. I also leash walked her in our backyard. She didn't like that very much. It had snowed here on Monday and she wanted to play and run with her sister. I felt bad for her but she'll be running around soon enough. Hailey, her sister, stayed downstairs with her that night and on Tuesday. They're such good girls.

We get the results in about a week so, praying until then.