Katie

Guest Grhndad

Guest Grhndad

Yesterday our little Katie passed to the bridge. She had kidney failure. She was 13 yr. 8 months old and we have had her for 10 years 8 months.

Katie was one of the little ones weighing in at 42 lb. When we got her a wonderful friend named her "Tater Tot" because she was too small to be a couch potato. She had been with us thru 11 hounds and had joined us 2 months before we lost our first, Lola. Katie was one of those that everyone loved. A big personnality that drew folks to her along with her little size. She was well traveled making 4 trips to Cherry Hill, NJ for the old AOL gang picnic, 4 trips to Dewey Beach, 1 trip to Howlidaz put on by GPAEC in FL and 6 trips to Mountain Hounds.

We never learned much about Katie. She was injured while training as a pup and while tattooed, she was never individually regerstered with NGA. She was orginally adopted by a lady in south Mississippi when she was 2 from her breeder and lived as a yard dog on a farm. When they were moving she posted an ad in a local newspaper as free to a good home. A friend saw this and called me and I went down and got her, as it worked out, on her 3rd birthday.

She loved the couch and is the reason we now have a leather couch and chair. She only shared those with 2 of our other hounds.

While never the alpha, alway the alpha wanna be, she was the stablizing force as we lost pups and new ones came in.

The 4 kids here know something has happened as it has been quiet as a tomb aound here since we got back from the vets office. Our now senior hound had been with Katie for 8.5 years

KatieatGatlinburg.jpg

What a lovely girl, and what a lovely life you gave her.

I'm sorry she had to leave you.

Godspeed, precious Katie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest IrskasMom

I am so sorry to hear this. I have read you many times at the Greyhound Message Board. Katie sweet Tater Tot RIP. Your Daddy misses you and loved you

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Katie was beautiful, I am sorry for your loss of your sweet girl.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

{{{Tater Tot}}} :blush Your beautiful girl. So much love, you for her and she for you. I am so sorry she had to leave.

Godspeed little one :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm sorry for your loss. Katie was a beautiful girl. Those little ones know how to wiggle their way into your heart.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest greytlady93

This Forum is one that I "watch".

It is very rare for me to post because it is too painful, but I read every posting. A small act I use to honor every pup lost and acknowledge the pain their family feels at their loss.

In this case, I am particularly saddened. I had the pleasure of knowing beautiful little Katie, the "Tater Tot". She was funny and fiesty and would have the most amazing conversations with those around her.

Run free, Katie. You were one of the luckiest greyhounds I ever met. You found the perfect greyhound home with the most loving family in the world.

Harry, Janie, Sharon my thoughts, prayers and deepest condolences are with you

Beautiful Katie, I am so very sorry she needed to leave.

God speed baby girl, for you truly know what it means to be loved. Please continue to watch over those who love you and are now left behind with broken heats

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am so sorry to hear about Katie. I know you loved her very much and she was very happy with you guys. Hugs to you and Janie and Sharon.

Mom to Bella, Trinity, Cricket, DB, Dabber and Sidewinder
As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge