Gremlin ~ Greys Gremlin

Guest PhillyPups

Guest PhillyPups

Greys Gremlin 3/23/98 to 1/15/11

How does one do justice in a remembrance thread for an awesome broodie that lived larger than life. A being that ran a household with an attitude, that stole a big chunk of my heart when she strutted her sassy self into my life ~ appropriately named Gremlin -

BeautifulGremmie.jpg

I was not looking for a 4th hound when Lisa called to tell me she found Nightmare's sister and she was available for adoption - she was a brood with 45 pups and she was 11 - my words were - I'll take her. In telling a friend, she asked what color she was - my response was I don't know, she is 11.

I met Gremlin at an employee parking lot on the way home from GIG. I expected a poor, frail worn out old gal - she proved me to be quite wrong. Gremlin was a strong willed, healthy, feisty brood, full of attitude and refused to learn the word no. If she wanted something she would get it one way or another. I should have known I was in for trouble when I got on the bus hauler, the one man stood in the doorway, the other opened her crate. She ran up the aisle, right between the one mans legs and buried her head in my lap. I was toast from that moment on.

Her first vacation we went to visit our friend in NY - first thing Gremlin and AnnaBanana did was a synchronized dive right into her pool. Gremmie was not happy Lois pulled her out first. :lol

Gremlin loved life, in her mind, it was all there for her taking. She loved her Christmas vacation, going for a week on Grandma Marilyn's farm.

In retirement she met up with her daughter, Cobra and her sister, Nightmare.

utf-8BSU1HMDAxOTIuanBn-1.jpg

One thing she would refuse to learn is the word NO. She would just look as if to say "Woman when you deliver 48 babies, maybe I will listen to you"

With four left behind our home is so quiet. I can get up and walk across a room by myself - I miss her so very very much.

____GremlinGIG4.jpg

Words fail me in giving a proper tribute to an awesome being. Her mindset was Carpe De Chikken Fut ~

My heart is in shreds ~

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Pat, I am so, so sorry! Gremlin was a very lucky girl to have landed in your home, she couldn't have wished for a better person to take care of her and love her :grouphug

spud_karma_sig.jpgmed_gallery_2551_3357_5098.jpg

Ivon, Spud, Karma & Sasha

Missing Darla (05-22-96 03-01-2010)

I'm so sorry you lost Gremlin. I always enjoyed hearing about her, she was a special girl.

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

Oh Pat, I am so, so sorry. I feel like you have been through this too many times before. Whatever the age, how long did they stay, doesn't matter. It is never long enough, never enough time, and where did the days go.

I am sorry that you are having this pain of loss again, my friend.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Pat, I cannot begin o put in words how sorry I am for your loss. She has been met my so many who have gone before her and will be waiting to greet so many who will join her there, until it's time for all of your pack to join you, many, many years from now. I know, because I, too, have many waiting for me. Hope

**, ** and **. I am so so sorry......................

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Those strong-willed, don't know the meaning of no "feisties" are the very ones that worm their ways into your heart....Gremlin sounds exactly like one of those. I'm so sorry. Rest well, old girl.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

I am truly sorry.:f_red

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Pat, I am so very sorry for your loss of Gremlin. She sounds like a real character who filled your life with joy along with attitude. She was a beauty and will forever be remembered.

Run free Gremlin, run free... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.