Chase Needs Prayers

Guest LindsaySF

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest OurLacyandJax

What a beautiful dog. Looking into her eyes, it still breaks my heart she was abused that much. (I am just going to call it what it is - severe abuse.)

May she heal faster than a greyhound! And thanks again - I don't think we can thank you enough for taking care of her.

http://www.dnapets.org/

A Do Not Adopt database.

Well, thanks Sambuca! You just avoided me from re-inventing the wheel!

This looks like it. And now only if everyone uses it.

Scary to think that people who would so cruelly neglect a dog are now in charge of a baby. Poor, poor chase. Wish I could bring him home and feed hom, love him and keep him comfy.

Guest LindsaySF

Thanks for that link Sambuca. I missed it before.

Chase is doing more sleeping today, and less frequent potty trips. Hopefully she can hold it a little longer as her muscles get stronger. :) She also drank some water out of the bowl today, which was good to see. I was worried that she wasn't going to figure it out. Last night she tried to climb the main staircase in the house too, she got halfway up before I caught her. eek.gif She is definitely still pretty fragile, but you wouldn't know she is 13 years old. :)

~Lindsay~

What a wonderful thing you have done for this sweet girl.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

If she didn't have a family waiting, I'd be offering her a home here. It's great that she won't have to travel far to her new home.

I was wondering how she would get along with Nikki when I read that she has a family waiting. :blush

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest LindsaySF

If Chase didn't have a family waiting I would keep her myself. blush.giflol.gif

I have some good news. Tonight's weight is 46 pounds! Whoo-hoo! She's up 7 pounds in 8 days! :yay

She is able to go a little longer between potty breaks too. (Thank god, I'm exhausted!) Last night she went 5 hours, which is huge for her. :) I'm hoping this will improve as her muscles get stronger, but then I also need to remind myself that she is 13 years old.

Chase's eyes seem brighter and more alert as well. :) She's getting a little stronger and more steady on her feet every day. And she's started drinking from the water bowl finally too. I can't wait to see what another week of food and TLC does for her. :goodluck

~Lindsay~

What a great update!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Lindsay, You are a Angel. I know you have been told that many times before but I am telling you again now..... I pray everything continues to go well for Chase and the AWFUL people get what they have coming to them...... I pray also they don't treat their child in this manner. Chase is Beautiful and a strong girl..... :hope:grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest Stripeyfan

Chase is beautiful - thank you so much for taking her in. I hope she continues to improve and that she'll be strong enough to go to her forever home soon.

Guest LindsaySF

Chase is doing pretty well. :) My scale keeps giving me different weights (like differences of 5+ lbs blink.gif), so I'm going to wait until we see the vet for a check-up on Monday to get another weight.

Chase did cut her leg on the ice today though, poor girl. :( I put a bandage on it which she promptly ripped off. But hopefully she heals soon, and we don't get any more ice! mad.gif

~Lindsay~

Hey Lindsay, if her potential adopters fall thru, I'll take her. I already have a wobbly 15 yr old. A ramp is going in next week for my little old lady. And I don't have as much snow as you! B)

I have a dog door that she can use to her hearts content. And I'm sure she would love having another senior to commiserate with.

And the only food problem I have at my house is trying to get my dogs to LOSE weight! (the little porkers)