Chase Needs Prayers

Guest LindsaySF

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PiagetsMom

How can pups with stories like this not just break your heart :(

I hope her strong spirit will get her to the "other" side. Thank you for giving her comfort, care and love - I send good thoughts for Chase and hope that every report is just as encouraging for this sweet girl!

Guest LindsaySF

She looks gorgeous, with her beautiful grey face. Can we get a head shot?

These are cell phone pics, but better than nothing. My digital camera has been on the fritz for a while.

Chase was a little more mobile today. She really tries. :)

Chasekitchen3.jpgChasekitchen.jpgChasekitchen2.jpgChasestand.jpg

~Lindsay~

What a dear little poppet :wub: .

Thank you, Lindsay.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

She looks like a real beauty Lindsay and thank you for helping this little girl. I like how she is spunky and stubborn - that will help her heal. Crossing fingers she starts gaining some weight.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Lindsay, thank you for taking care of this sweetie, glad to hear that she is responding well to food, praying she continues to do better and hoping her strong will to live will carrry her through.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Chase is beautiful! :beatheart

Keep eating, sweetie, you're in great hands now.

And thank you Lindsay for all you do!!

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest LindsaySF

I weighed Chase last night and she's 43 pounds! :) I'm feeding her small meals every 3 hours. There might be a difference in the scales of course, but I weighed her on mine 4 times and took the average, so I'm pretty sure about what my scale says. I will bring her back to the vet about a week out from the initial visit, to get another weight on their scale. She looks the same to me, but I see her constantly so it's hard to gauge. I really hope she is indeed gaining weight, as that would be a good sign indeed. :goodluck

~Lindsay~

Guest greytbookert

Oh my lord... Chase reminds me so much of Cindy!

She is in the best place for her to recover... Bless you WAG and Lindsay! Let me know if you want to talk or compare treatments!

:yay Yay, Chase!:yay You go, girl!:yay

Still praying for that sweet girl!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest happygrey

Such wonderful news that she's doing well now that she's with you and WAG. I'm glad you've got jammies on her, she needs to conserve her calories as much as possible.

What a sweet looking dog. Thanks for taking her in. :) :)

What a sweet face.....soft bed, warm jammies, food, treats....this poor old girl must think she got dropped in heaven

(after going through hell at the vet's office).

Thanks for doing what you do. Seniors are so special.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Guest LindsaySF

I wanted to update everyone on Chase. Thank you for all the good thoughts and prayers on her behalf! Sorry I haven't been online, been super busy with the pack!

The vet got back to me after I brought Chase home to say the fecal exam was negative, as was the heartworm test and tick test. Yay! :yay

Chase's weight tonight was 44 lbs. She's up 5 pounds in 4 days. :D (Her weight 2 days ago was 43 lbs and her weight 4 days ago was 39 lbs).

I am feeding her every 3 hours and she is eating ALL of it. I've been putting plenty of water in with her food (because her teeth are rotten), so she hasn't been drinking any water from the water bowl. But she is not dehydrated at all (like the day she came to us), and her stool has been totally normal. These are good signs! :)

She seems to be getting stronger every day. :) She still needs to go out every 3-4 hours, even at night, so I'm a bit sleep deprived! (Just when Sophie was finally sleeping through the night, why me? lol.gif) But she is acting a little more "normal" every day, not as much pacing or shaking, poor thing.

And last night she actually got up on the couch all by herself! eek.gif I am impressed for a 13 year-old hound! (She will be 14 in May).

Chasecouch.jpg

Later she cuddled with Sophie. :wub:

ChaseSophie.jpg

Today she decided to venture further into the yard. Problem is, we got 26 inches of snow yesterday. She quickly became stuck and needed to be rescued. Her jammies were all wet so we needed a new pair. rolleyes.gif

"Who me?"

ChasebluePJs.jpg

Getting ear scritchies with Rogan.

Chaserubears.jpg

Looking through her old vet records, I discovered the reason why her right rear leg is funny-looking. She had a broken hock at age 3 and there is a pin in that leg. (You can see the leg in that last pic). She still gets around pretty well despite that leg, her emaciated condition, and her age. This girl is a fighter!

I've been keeping her potential adopters updated with her progress. If she gets along okay with their other Greys and their cats, she has a forever home waiting for her. :) She just needs to get a little healthier and a little steadier on her feet first. :goodluck

~Lindsay~

Guest PiagetsMom

All the way around, that's really wonderful news, Lindsay! She looks like the sweetest little girl :inlove I know she's in a great place with you and your pack, but I do hope that everything works out for her with her potential adopters :clover She deserves a home and lots and lots of love!

That is so greyt! She is a real cutie and am so glad she is gaining weight. Love the pics.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Gaining weight - check.

Eating - check

peeing - check

pooping - check

testing negative - check

cuddling - check

claiming a couch - check

Yep, she's all greyhound and almost ready for her forever home. Chase - :kiss2 Lindsay - :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead